The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am so grateful for open world. Partly because I love open world, but also the buddy I game with the most hasn't played warframe as much these days, and has said open world is the only thing that would get him playing again. 

Well... it's finally coming. I am very, very excited. 

ARK vibes?

Ahahahaha, no. Like everything else DE spends actual effort on (which, thank god, does not include PvP) you're probably gonna have to do it at least once for progression's sake, like Lua or the Kuva Fortress, and probably a few more times for bonus stuff, like solving Drift Mod puzzles or hunting caches for Cyclone Kraken.

But seriously, what about Eidolon makes you uncomfortable? You're being really vague here, and it makes me wonder.

Edited by Dreddeth

Why would we need to distribute the weapons when we can just tell them what parts we used? Heck, I can see DE doing something similar to Octavia's songs where someone links their custom weapon to the chat and anyone can click on it to see how it's built.

In regards to my thoughts on all this though? Yeah, I'm hyped, especially if we eventually get to make custom Corpus and Grineer weapons at some point like someone in another thread brought up, and like you, I'm really hoping we can make every weapon type so I can make a custom Blade & Whip, though there are two major things that worry me:

1. Since it looks like DE will tie the stats to the parts used, making a weapon that looks the way you want could either make something really good or really bad, and I'm afraid we'll see many players all using the same construction to get what's considered "the best stats".
  2. We don't know how we get those different parts yet, so I'm worried we'll only get two or three of each part to start with and have to purchase all other parts with platinum. I really don't want DE adding actual kindling to the "Warframe is P2W" argument since these parts will have an actual impact on the weapon's stats, so I really hope there will be a way to unlock them for free (like through quests given by the new NPCs, recipes, or scavenging) if we don't already get access to all parts from the beginning.

As a last note, I also just realized something else: What do these custom weapons mean for our weapon slots? Do we need more slots each time we build a new weapon? Is it just one weapon that we constantly swap parts to scratch whatever melee itch we're feeling at that moment? Hopefully we'll learn more at some point in the near future.

Edited by Fukushu

Just now, Dreddeth said:

But seriously, what about Eidolon makes you uncomfortable? You're being really vague here, and it makes me wonder.

It's not a style of play that I enjoy. It's not a question of comfort, it's a question of fun.

My idea of what makes Warframe fun:

1. Quickly choose between short mission types and equipment loadouts on small randomized maps.

2. Kill things.

3. Repeat.

4. Get new things.

Open world requires too much time investment, too much exploration, and not enough variety.

Edited by mrecentric

Just now, mrecentric said:

My idea of what makes Warframe fun:

1. Quickly choose between short mission types and equipment loadouts on small randomized maps.

2. Kill things.

3. Repeat.

4. Get new things.

Get new things ? Weren't there enough shinies already, I can't even memorize all the weapons and cosmetics names in the game .

Just now, RoniLumen said:

Get new things ? Weren't there enough shinies already, I can't even memorize all the weapons and cosmetics names in the game .

No. I miss the good old days where new weapons came out weekly with new Warframes at most monthly and new tilesets quarterly at most, and all of that without prime / vandal / whatever variants.

Just now, mrecentric said:

Again we lack sufficient information. I certainly hope that's not the case but we don't know.

They surely won't scrap years of work. I hope there is going to be more open areas and that most of us are going to like it.

It will most l Kiley be a Relay with a big world map attached to it and a daily quest.

Kinda like Sorties work now.

They even made mention of avoiding scaling enemies which means the content will not be a long term solution without constant updates to enemy levels and considering Focus never got updated... well...

5 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

We don't know how we get those different parts yet

500 hours of fishing.

5 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

As a last note, I also just realized something else: What do these custom weapons mean for our weapon slots? Do we need more slots each time we build a new weapon? Is it just one weapon that we constantly swap parts to scratch whatever melee itch we're feeling at that moment? Hopefully we'll learn more at some point in the near future.

Huh. I've been sitting here wondering how rivens are going to play into these new melee weapons, but that's a good point too (also wondering how mastery points will work).

Hopefully it's a bit of both where we can build as many melee weapons as we want, but we can also freely swap out weapon parts for all of them.

Hype levels are critical after Tennocon, but remember that DE has a history of their reach exceeding their grasp. Remember how amazing Starchart 3.0 was? Remember how amazing all the new frames were going to be? Remember how great Focus was going to be? Remember how game-changing Archwing was supposed to be? 

The open world promised by Plains of Eidolon is bigger than anything DE has ever announced, and there is a 100% it's going to ship as a buggy, unplayable mess, then get a dozen hotfixes to actually make it playable, only for it to be turn out mediocre or just plain bad...if it ever releases at all. Announcement said it was going to be 2017, and we all know how great DE is at keeping deadlines.

DE is doing once again what they've always been good at: building hype. But remember that they've never actually delivered on that hype. Be on the right side of history. Temper your expectations.

1 minute ago, mrecentric said:

No. I miss the good old days where new weapons came out weekly with new Warframes at most monthly and new tilesets quarterly at most, and all of that without prime / vandal / whatever variants.

I see, I find WF's development way too slow, I just log in to do sorties and a kuva flood maybe a riven challenge then log off, I'm more into warframe for challange, high level gameplay and expect new environments, mission types, new things to do daily.
Although don't forget that you are going to be able to craft your own unique weapons and you can even name them .