The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

you would not be able to use a mod that only a dark dagger would be.
the weapon would be a zaw dagger.
zaw is name of the craftable weapons.
they will have rivens for the zaws based on the tip of the weapon you use.
weapon name doesn't matter as it has to do with the weapon type as covert lethally says it for daggers so if you made a sword can called it "dragon fang dagger" wouldn't be a dagger even if you named it that.

weapon named after another doesn't make it so

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Maybe, but we have yet to see, the information is rather vague.

I really hope it is not spammable, especially the Unairu variant.

Is someone holding a gun to your head to spam it? jk, jk. I will expect a response in PM though, and to my last PM specifically.

Edited by UrielColtan

5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Maybe, but we have yet to see, the information is rather vague.

I really hope it is not spammable, especially the Unairu variant.

Considering YOU, the Unairu user, has to be in Void Mode and it has currently a limited energy pool AND you have to be near your team, so if they wander off... might be only for a bit, since the user himself would be out of combat while like that.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

weapon name doesn't matter as it has to do with the weapon type as covert lethally says it for daggers so if you made a sword can called it "dragon fang dagger" wouldn't be a dagger even if you named it that.

weapon named after another doesn't make it so

I never said naming other weapon types as others, I know naming a sword a dagger wouldn't work. Weapons themselves are under different categories just like how you currently can't equip dagger mods to swords. It would remain the same. If I'm crafting a dagger and name it as a sword the system will recognize it as a dagger but not recognize the name as one. But if I crafted a dagger I would be able to use Covert Lethality but also if I named it to have "dark dagger" in the name would that allow it to use the augment. It would still be a dagger and have "dark dagger" in the name. 

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

you would not be able to use a mod that only a dark dagger would be.
the weapon would be a zaw dagger.
zaw is name of the craftable weapons.
they will have rivens for the zaws based on the tip of the weapon you use.

Where did you read they would be called zaw? I haven't heard anything about the names of crafted weapons. 

If they are named zaw then do you think they will implement zaw augments? 

Edited by MidnightRedDeath

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Considering YOU, the Unairu user, has to be in Void Mode and it has currently a limited energy pool AND you have to be near your team, so if they wander off... might be only for a bit, since the user himself would be out of combat while like that.

I am sorry if I sound pessimistic, but the point of the exercise is... Missing.

Why would I spend time in rather vulnerable Operator mode in order to provide Invisible cover (not going to even start about "something is broken - let's fix it with demi god mode!),  instead of bringing an Ivara or Ash that specializes in that, on lower energy cost and while being able to do my "warframe thingy".

4 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Is someone holding a gun to your head to spam it? jk, jk. I will expect a response in PM though, and to my last PM specifically.

I am sorry, I don't do PM's for serious talking. Chit chat, jokes and memes - fine. But serious conversations, for me should be engaged only if there is certain amount of transparency.

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I am sorry if I sound pessimistic, but the point of the exercise is... Missing.

Why would I spend time in rather vulnerable Operator mode in order to provide Invisible cover (not going to even start about "something is broken - let's fix it with demi god mode!),  instead of bringing an Ivara or Ash that specializes in that, on lower energy cost and while being able to do my "warframe thingy".

I am sorry, I don't do PM's for serious talking. Chit chat, jokes and memes - fine. But serious conversations, for me should be engaged only if there is certain amount of transparency.

Just didn't want to derail the topic further, thats why I suggested it. I will concede if thats not your bag though.

5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Its the same situation of "Why use X if I have Y?", "Why use Oberon to heal while we have Trinity?", "Why use Ash if you have Loki?"

Comparing only 1 ability and forgetting the whole kit. Will you play Ivara or Shadow Ash all the time? Are they going to be the only Warframes you will use? If yes, ok: You will actually not need it. If not: You have the option to turn your team invisible whenever you want.

But they only showed 1 exemple of each school and I'm not sure if they are the definitive ones. We cant make judgements with only 25% intel.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Its the same situation of "Why use X if I have Y?", "Why use Oberon to heal while we have Trinity?", "Why use Ash if you have Loki?"

Comparing only 1 ability and forgetting the whole kit. Will you play Ivara or Shadow Ash all the time? Are they going to be the only Warframes you will use? If yes, ok: You will actually not need it. If not: You have the option to turn your team invisible whenever you want.

But they only showed 1 exemple of each school and I'm not sure if they are the definitive ones. We cant make judgements with only 25% intel.

While I certainly agree that fear mongering is a bad thing, I do notice a "theme" of the new focus abilities.

Most of them are flat out budget versions of other mechanics in the game. Yes, I know - shock and horror, and you would never expect it - but, please a moment. I will not say that this diminishes players with heavy spec builds, because I don't agree with that. 
But people with heavy customized builds would ask the question "Is it worth it to risk entering the currently slow, clunky and somewhat vulnerable Operator mode for a budget versions of abilities (again, while also loosing your Big Mighty Grakata pew pew ability)". I certainly know the answer for myself based on *currently given* information.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Which is fair.

My concerns aren't so much about the Focus rework itself as they are about the existing issues with Operators and Transference. Basically, I hope that DE will rework the Focus system and make it more balanced and interesting, and there are two things they've said which I find reassuring. First, the comment about wanting Focus Schools to help lock in for playstyles and RPG class style play, which sounds like they're going for nice distinctive features. Second, cross-school passives and abilities sound neat. Naramon, with a tinge of Madurai, for fast moving melee damage? Sounds cool.

Nah, what I'm concerned about is that we'll get the new Focus system, but DE will not improve the existing problems, which means that Operator movement will still be clunky and slow, and Operator speech will not be reworked at all, meaning we will have 'warrior Operators' who still sound like naive children just discovering the solar system. 

Hopefully, they'll reveal more about how the Focus rework also directly affects Operator gameplay and presentation.

Oh hey.

How 'bout that.

3 hours ago, MidnightRedDeath said:

I never said naming other weapon types as others, I know naming a sword a dagger wouldn't work. Weapons themselves are under different categories just like how you currently can't equip dagger mods to swords. It would remain the same. If I'm crafting a dagger and name it as a sword the system will recognize it as a dagger but not recognize the name as one. But if I crafted a dagger I would be able to use Covert Lethality but also if I named it to have "dark dagger" in the name would that allow it to use the augment. It would still be a dagger and have "dark dagger" in the name. 

Where did you read they would be called zaw? I haven't heard anything about the names of crafted weapons. 

If they are named zaw then do you think they will implement zaw augments? 

past streams have shown an that the craftable melees would be considered an called zaws but you will should still be able to name it what you want.

giving your zaw dagger a name with dark dagger in it wouldn't allow you to put augment for a dark dagger on it. It can only be put on dark dagger an ratka dark dagger as both are the weapon it for but one is just differnt varient of the weapon.
Zaw dagger would still be in the dagger class but not the dark dagger weapon family.

like i said before they will be doing zaw rivens but the tip you use will determine if it can use it on your zaw.
i remember one tip is called a kronch, an so you had 2 zaws with kronch as the tip one being a dagger an other being a heavy melee both would be able to use the kronch riven as the only rule of putting them on will be having the kronch as the tip.
they may change this as i only giving example based on the info we know so far

1. Difficulty will scale based on distance to the Cetus Settlement. The closer you are, the easier it is.
  2. Plains of Eidolon is on Earth, which is right at the start of a new player's campaign through Warframe. So early, in fact, that the developers themselves that you can unlock PoE an hour into the game. It's built with new players in mind; the older/veteran player content comes with the nigh-time and Operator gameplay.
  3. There are different bounty and mission levels available in PoE. It's stated by Steve himself that many of the bounties are geared toward new to mid-level players, and older players will get their content and challenge through other means..

Everyone Who Doesn't know about it should know, included me.

but to those who already Knows Please kindly share.

Its about Plains Of Eidolon

Those who are not completing 100% the main/side quest mission, Included NEW PLAYERS....  [CAN] or [CAN'T] They Enter the new "Plains Of Eidolon" Maps ? 

Or The the POE updates is Available for all players included New players

Yes as i can see now, most of new peoples come to play and interested because of the OPENWORLD map.  as ive heard some of them wont start it now, they will start when only the Plains of eidolon is launches. just to feel the maps.  in this case mostly, they're interested into the Openworld map.   yet, some of them who never play Warframe thought, that all the old maps will be changed to Openworld too

All i know is , the old maps stayed as a Large-Sandbox. I dont know if  DE would make it open world in the future, i dunno how who knows. nothings impossible. And the map genre will be mixed right? Large Sandbox and Openworld

so, Back to the question, CAN or CAN'T they ACCESS the Plains Of Eidolon Map directly without countering / completing the other mission like second dream, war within and so on.

I am just hoping it CAN'T for some reason, but yea lemme know the real thing, it CAN or it CAN'T

- Cetus will be open for new players

- Only players what complited majot story quest and are strong enough will be able to go hunt for eidolons

- Warframe isint sandbox and I cant see it becoming one in future

- No , older title sets wount be converted into open world , the plains will be just odition to curent gameplay/system

Hope this awnser some questions

Edited by bad4youLT

15 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

They said in previous devstreams that PoE will be available for new players.

Its just that they need to have completed the main story quests (so far) in order to stick around until night.

My understand on your statement is,

The Plains of eidolon is Available for all players from 0MR Above and it means They CAN'T enter Directly without Completing the Other mission like [Second dreams] etc

Just now, --Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel-- said:

My understand on your statement is,

The Plains of eidolon is Available for all players from 0MR Above and it means They CAN'T enter Directly without Completing the Other mission like [Second dreams] etc

They can enter Cetus and the Plains but will encounter very difficult enemies.

They will also be pretty much powerless against the Eidolons since they don't have access to their operators yet.