The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ninja Flip-Strike Functionality Suggestion

ricoshafft

I feel like I should be able to hit my 'Melee' Key during this ninja flip and have the warframe slice the target while upside down mid-flip.. Maybe its just me.

I don't know how the engine is set up, and I don't have too much experience making games; If I went with what I was taught I assume the warframes all have basic movement functions and this ninja flip command is one of them, so if you check for melee key input during this movement (similar to the sliding slash) couldn't an animation be blended into the flip and turn into a damaging combo?

I don't know if this question is clear, or if the ninja flips/warframes are even set up to do what I am asking. However, I really enjoy the acrobatics in Warframe, and feel it is one of the many unique features of the game. I would really enjoy seeing more complexity added to combat acrobatics to make it even more unique.

I was going to suggest a jab after the ground roll in a different thread, but since you mentioned it here.. may as well talk about both of them now.

I would still like to see a strike during the flip, but if instead of a strike during the flip there is one after that would be okay with me too.

I was hoping for it to feel more like the crouch slide attack, and that way players may try doing it after they figure out they can slide and slash. Ideally there would be the ability to do both, (ninja flip-strike followed up by a strike after the flip is complete) but that would just be too good to be true!

As for the combat roll attack, I would have suggested a jab/stab (like the daggers 1st basic attack animation) after the roll. I also notice that if you start charging the melee attack while sprinting, then toggle a crouch slide the charged melee attack that was done before the slide will carry through.

I like it a lot, but it does not seem intentional since the character snaps into crouch for the follow through of the animation. If the lower body animation stayed sliding and the upper body continued the charge attack I think this would also be a great feature for melee combat.

If any of the things mentioned in this forum thread get implemented in Warframe I would feel even more like a space ninja, maybe everyone else would too. Not that I don’t already get that feeling :P

Edited by ricoshafft

Well if we have ninja flip strikes, I suggest that we also have a recovery flip when we get knocked down as like a skilled button press or something.

I would like to either kick up if I am on my back or as I am falling to make a backflip when being knocked down (by shockwave moas).

Of course recovery flips need to cost stamina.

I think that

knocked down-> recovery flip -> ninja slash

would be the perfect counter attack.

I am a fan of having to do as many unnecessary ninja flips everywhere.