The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else excited about matured operators?

1 hour ago, Mental_Omega said:

I honestly hope they stay kids.   

I am so tired of 30-40 year old brown haired crew cut square jawed dudebro space marines in Scifi.  

Bishonens/shujos and kids are a breath of fresh air in a genre choking under nearly identical super buff space marines.

I agree with this, but damn, at least let me have some facial hair.

I don't mind if they go through with something like this - maturing the operator / turning them more into a warrior more than the squishy emo kid hiding in the backroom of our orbiter.  I agree with a few others though in that it makes more sense that they would be squishy and vulnerable, which would be the reason they use the warframes in the first place other than being a conduit for their power.  Anyhow, i would Only be okay if they went through with these changes as long as it doesn't force us to use the Operator any more than we already have to. 

Some people like them and want to see more done with them but there are others who don't.  The game is called 'Warframe', not 'Operator' or 'Teenage Space Magic Kid', and the game initially revolved around playing AS the warframes themselves.  Playing as a warframe provides a gameplay experience that hasn't quite been done like this before, between abilities that each warframe has and the insane amounts of freedom you have with the parkour system.  I absolutely love the mobility that you have on a frame, and currently as an operator, all of that gets taken from you.  You are slower, more vulnerable,far less mobile, and are much more limited in how you can use the operator's powers, and to me they are overall much less enjoyable to play as. 

If DE wants to do more work on the operators and make them more viable / enjoyable to play as, that is perfectly fine.  Just don't force us people who still very much enjoy our frames over our operators to play as them.  Give us the option, a motive to play as them, not something that we have no other choice but to use.  I'm looking at you, Kuva Guards. 

Seriously, I get that the Kesheg is supposed to make them impervious to Warframe abilities, but Why are the operators the only ones who can force em to drop their Kesheg?  A warframe, that is capable of swinging around a giant heavy blade with ease like its a giant plastic toy shouldn't have any trouble ripping the Kesheg right out of their hands.  You shouldn't need powers for that - they could still be impervious to powers, but maybe the warframes could shove the Guards a few times in rapid succession to stun them before being able to rip their Kesheg away from them.  As it stands, Kuva Guards are impervious to ALL dmg, and a warframe is fairly useless when placed in a situation where you can't use your weapons, or your abilities - and in my opinion, this shouldn't be the case.  By all means, make enemies / encounters that have something that operators can have a purpose for, but give us an alternate means to deal with them as our warframes too, even if it's less effective.

Just like how we have plenty of options in terms of what warframes we can use for a given situation, give us the Option to use our Operators, not make it a requirement.

What are the age of the operators anyway? I wasn't interested in the details.

I wouldn't say no to a more mature operator, as long as it's still about kids (20 would definitely be pushing it really, really, hard but still somewhat acceptable, for example) with space magic taking names in their fashionable power suits.

16 minutes ago, Jaheruh said:

I wouldn't say no to a more mature operator, as long as it's still about kids (20 would definitely be pushing it really, really, hard but still somewhat acceptable, for example) with space magic taking names in their fashionable power suits.

My initial impression was around 10 years old, but the voice acting breaks that idea (whether due to VA limitations or true intention, I can't say). I still consider my kid to be around 10. A true child. I don't consider a 20-year-old to be a child. Still very young, but not comparable by any means. A 20-year-old can have a job, drive, drink, have sex, their own place, a long-term relationship... Nothing like I imagine the Tenno to be, which is naive about all equivalents of those in the WF universe, except killing. That's what I think makes them interesting (or would, if they didn't taunt bosses or throw out stupid remarks all the time).

That's exactly why the Second Dream scene left such an impact on me. Your warframe carrying the broken, weak body of a child. Having that child running around with swords and guns in custom armor ruins the whole thing for me personally.

25 minutes ago, Jaheruh said:

They strike me as being 13.  Just at the cusp of adolescence.

1 minute ago, SolidBeast said:

My initial impression was around 10 years old, but the voice acting breaks that idea (whether due to VA limitations or true intention, I can't say). I still consider my kid to be around 10. A true child. I don't consider a 20-year-old to be a child. Still very young, but not comparable by any means. A 20-year-old can have a job, drive, drink, have sex, their own place, a long-term relationship... Nothing like I imagine the Tenno to be, which is naive about all equivalents of those in the WF universe, except killing. That's what I think makes them interesting (or would, if they didn't taunt bosses or throw out stupid remarks all the time).

That's exactly why the Second Dream scene left such an impact on me. Your warframe carrying the broken, weak body of a child. Having that child running around with swords and guns in custom armor ruins the whole thing for me personally.

As I said, 20 pushes it really, really hard. That's my utmost limit of the acceptable age for a more mature operator. And even then, I need to bend my head backwards, sideways and rotate it 180 degrees to accept it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I assume you're including yourself here as well, right? :wink:

Humor on the internet is built on self deprecation and self hatred.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going back to the trash can where I belong.

Edited by Mental_Omega

for people interested in what was said about operators you can check tennoclock site, there is recap with high quality pics from tennoclock

here is what is said there about operators:"Some concept art is shown for new Operator equipment: armor and weapons. This Plains of Eidolon update is going to expand on the role of the Operator as a “warrior” of sorts. You will collect resources and be able to craft a “Focus gun” – which will utilize your Focus schools. The goal is to improve upon the duality of the warframe and the operator."

source: http://www.tennoclocknews.com/tennolive-2017-recap/

39 minutes ago, Culaio said:

for people interested in what was said about operators you can check tennoclock site, there is recap with high quality pics from tennoclock

here is what is said there about operators:"Some concept art is shown for new Operator equipment: armor and weapons. This Plains of Eidolon update is going to expand on the role of the Operator as a “warrior” of sorts. You will collect resources and be able to craft a “Focus gun” – which will utilize your Focus schools. The goal is to improve upon the duality of the warframe and the operator."

source: http://www.tennoclocknews.com/tennolive-2017-recap/

Are we gonna be mega man now with an arm cannon?

So, what I'm hearing is "Oh God, we can't fix Focus, nothing can fix Focus, we are absolutely never even going to try, we're just going to strap a gun to it so that Operators can deal more damage and allow Operators to wear armor so they can survive longer."

Bloody hell, DE. You've had a year and a half and this is the best that you can do?

I think it was obvious that they were going to build on operator warframe ties since they introduced these kids. The idea of maturity comes out of it. Warframes may be former warriors, shells of warriors and these emo kids are future warframes themselves. It could be that eventually youll be able to build your own warframe around your matured operator.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, what I'm hearing is "Oh God, we can't fix Focus, nothing can fix Focus, we are absolutely never even going to try, we're just going to strap a gun to it so that Operators can deal more damage and allow Operators to wear armor so they can survive longer."

Yeah, focus rework into was something I was missing from the stream. I'm also disappointed with the fact that they homogenize operator and warframe gameplay instead of making each more distinct. Any hopes of Operator gameplay complementing warframe gameplay seems to have been dropped.

TNH i dont care so much if im kid or adult but i hate hairstyles from tenno why undercuts i like other styles like full long hair n stuff its just something that bugs the hell out of me i dont like any of current styles