The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So um....Ballas has officially been welcomed into my nightmares.

TheGodofWiFi

7 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I love this. This is what I wanted Orokin to be like - aesthetical, but uncanny, weird and bizarre, losing their connection with humanity, both mentally and physically.

Suda and Lotus (who apparently inherited Margulis' appearance) seemed too mundane to me. This is the direction I want Orokin elite to move in.

In a video by StallordD, he mentions that Margulis was essentially human. I'm not sure where it says so in-game, but if this is true, then Margulis isn't really a good reference for an Orokin's appearance.

Suda, on the other hand...I dunno.

Just now, 4628Gin-san said:

In a video by StallordD, he mentions that Margulis was essentially human. I'm not sure where it says so in-game, but if this is true, then Margulis isn't really a good reference for an Orokin's appearance.

Suda, on the other hand...I dunno.

I know, that's why I'm saying.

16 minutes ago, Viktoriana said:

Timeline wise it doesn't seem to make sense to me for the Tenno to have been Orokin at all, a post fall of the empire codex entry mentions the Orokin not having children. Also, I've noted that for all the gold and ivory, the Tenno were "buried" in black. 

Anyway he does have a few ancient like qualities, and we know from another codex entry that some Orokin did become them (neural relay augmented twin healers). But I think it's degradation in terms of genetic redundancy, Ordan Karis's memory mentions death being temporary for the Orokin, I presumed akin to the Cephalons they could back up their identity and put it in another body. 

Considering the infestation is basically a weaponized cancer from their normal biomechanics. Maybe his base material just ain't holding up. 

Also. I theorize the warframes are mentally hollowed out humans that we see in cryopods, changed by technocyte for purpose. 

Maybe umbra warframes are made out of Orokin. Dying Ballas. 

My head canon regarding the Warframes is kind of similar to yours, actually. Glad I'm not the only one :D

7 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I love this. This is what I wanted Orokin to be like - aesthetical, but uncanny, weird and bizarre, losing their connection with humanity, both mentally and physically.

Suda and Lotus (who apparently inherited Margulis' appearance) seemed too mundane to me. This is the direction I want Orokin elite to move in.

I think the reason why Margulis maintained a healthy appearance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) was because she stayed in touch with her humanity was wasn't corrupted when she tried to help the Tenno.

But the irony in that is that the Tenno were eventually the ones who physically deformed her after she tried to get close to them.

I do not think that it is a standard Orokin look. No matter how standards of beauty change, some basics do stay.

If it is indeed an art, it could be an abstract representation of an old unfeeling frozen and very ugly soul under all that outside perfection and youth. Or a "what have I become" moment. I wounder what happened to an artist.

If it is how Ballas looks now - maybe this is what happens to Orokin if they stay in one body for a long time. May explain the need to body surf and obsession with symmetry - the asymmetry could be a sign of degradation and .

Whatever it is... Can not wait to see it in game ^­_^

Edited by rand0mname

2 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

I do not think that it is a standard Orokin look. No matter how standards of beauty change, some basics do stay.

If it is indeed an art, it could be an abstract representation of an old unfeeling frozen and very ugly soul under all that outside perfection and youth. Or a "what have I become" moment. I wounder what happened to an artist.

If it is how Ballas looks now - maybe this is what happens to Orokin if they stay in one body for a long time. May explain the need to body surf and obsession with symmetry - the asymmetry could be a sign of degradation and .

That could be an explanation. I mean, look at the Elder Grineer Queen.

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

I'll take it a step further and say that the most elite Orokin would have deformities removed and/or symmetrically modified with Metal and Gold adornments until a new host was found.

Look at the elder queen.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

9 hours ago, 4628Gin-san said:

Actually that's an interesting point. I didn't associate that life support system with Ballas at all for some reason.

Does that mean he's turned Vader on us?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

dm2MoqB.jpg

If you look at his thigh it looks like gauze or whatever it is. Is that what's holding him together? His right arm looks more like bone that actually having flesh on it. His foot is golden too. Is that a shoe? His robe looks like it might fall off.

It can also be the kind of clothing that men in Old Greek would wear, that cloth which are similar to skirts.