Jump to content

can i get uhh better optimized earth?


ejonkou7
 Share

Recommended Posts

i know, my pc is not the best but before the ''THE GLORIOUS AND AWESOME EARTH REMASTER!!'' i was getting very stable 60fps and it was very nice. now the world is literally unplayable with very unstable 5-30 fps while all other planets are still same 60fps stable. this is just annoying. dont tell me to get a new pc or something because what i need is an option to close ''grass'' and/or some other details in world to increase fps. i hope they add thoose options to make the earth at least playable for us low end pc players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

This has been discussed here in more than enough threads, I think.

Short answer: DE are working on it, but are more likely busy with finalizing the next update (Plains of Eidolon)

Nope, short answer is DE was at TennoCon and rest of their crew was on weekend holiday , so give them some time :D

Hopefully it will be fixed this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But everyone who has a nice rig was asking for more graphics to use there gpu's left power and i know not everyone can upgrade there computer life is hard but changing the grass,texture etc. wont be happening soon cause of the plains of eidolon because its open world but i wont say to get a new pc but in the next update i think you might change your plan, your pc might not handle it,games nowadays are demanding for power and its not 2013 no more,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alpha_A8 said:

But everyone who has a nice rig was asking for more graphics to use there gpu's left power and i know not everyone can upgrade there computer life is hard but changing the grass,texture etc. wont be happening soon cause of the plains of eidolon because its open world but i wont say to get a new pc but in the next update i think you might change your plan, your pc might not handle it,games nowadays are demanding for power and its not 2013 no more,

is it not possible to have good graphics but an option on the side that says ''low res graphics'' ? i dont think its impossible, i saw that on war thunder for example

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ejonkou7 said:

is it not possible to have good graphics but an option on the side that says ''low res graphics'' ? i dont think its impossible, i saw that on war thunder for example

There area hundreds of games that offer this type of slider. I just think that it's not something that's going to come quickly. I do think it will come though. PoE will be unplayable, for people on low end PCs, without it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Soon, probably this week. May be even a foliage slider will be implemented.

That would be very nice. The foliage is probably what is causing most of the lag. I'm sure DE will add it soon and possibly optimize Earth a bit more to increase performance on low end PCs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2017 at 1:57 PM, ejonkou7 said:

i know, my pc is not the best but before the ''THE GLORIOUS AND AWESOME EARTH REMASTER!!'' i was getting very stable 60fps and it was very nice. now the world is literally unplayable with very unstable 5-30 fps while all other planets are still same 60fps stable. this is just annoying. dont tell me to get a new pc or something because what i need is an option to close ''grass'' and/or some other details in world to increase fps. i hope they add thoose options to make the earth at least playable for us low end pc players.

Came here to create this very topic. I'll just throw on to yours. Exact same situation. Earth has ran perfect all the way up till the remaster and now is very choppy. All other planets still run great. Just need a graphics setting specific to Earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Came here to create this very topic. I'll just throw on to yours. Exact same situation. Earth has ran perfect all the way up till the remaster and now is very choppy. All other planets still run great. Just need a graphics setting specific to EarthiiitiEEaEarEartEarthj

It sucks not being able to enjoy it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PBR textures don't seem to be affected by texture quality settings. That's one of the main reasons for the FPS drop. The other is that old Earth almost didn't have shadowmaps and new Earth has shadowmaps (they are affected by shadow quality). Temporary fix would be to disable AA, aniso and ambient occlusion. It'll make the game look marginally worse, but it'll make Earth perform better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

PBR textures don't seem to be affected by texture quality settings. That's one of the main reasons for the FPS drop. The other is that old Earth almost didn't have shadowmaps and new Earth has shadowmaps (they are affected by shadow quality). Temporary fix would be to disable AA, aniso and ambient occlusion. It'll make the game look marginally worse, but it'll make Earth perform better.

There isn't anything left for me to turn off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

There isn't anything left for me to turn off.

I see. Resolution? In Warframe, resoultion is a huuuge FPS drain. Going to 900p from 720p halves my fps. 

Also, they need to make PBR on the ground either be affected by quality settings or completely optional. Look on Earth and you'll see incredibly detailed bump maps and shines on the ground, regardless of texture quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

I see. Resolution? In Warframe, resoultion is a huuuge FPS drain. Going to 900p from 720p halves my fps. 

Also, they need to make PBR on the ground either be affected by quality settings or completely optional. Look on Earth and you'll see incredibly detailed bump maps and shines on the ground, regardless of texture quality.

That ia the truth. I've gone down in resolution, it helps, but there are still some fps issues. I've been training to be a back end developer, so im going to use that as an excuse to build me a new Ryzen system once i get a thousand bucks saved up. Gonna put it in my ancient gateway tower too since it holds an ATX board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, QuietBiro said:

PBR textures don't seem to be affected by texture quality settings. That's one of the main reasons for the FPS drop. The other is that old Earth almost didn't have shadowmaps and new Earth has shadowmaps (they are affected by shadow quality). Temporary fix would be to disable AA, aniso and ambient occlusion. It'll make the game look marginally worse, but it'll make Earth perform better.

dude im sorry but i already get very stable 60fps in all times with medium quailty. why would i change settings every time i want to play in earth and have to restart my game, or play it much worse every time? i really hope they fix this real quick because this can turn off any newcomers with mid to low end pc's, see that they have very bad fps and simply delete and never play again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2017 at 11:06 PM, Ferah_Frithu said:

finalizing the next update (Plains of Eidolon)

You're joking right? Unless they have been working full time on it for the past couple of months, we probably won't have it until sometime in 2018. I bet it'll be another The Wait Within.

Edited by Celthric317
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...