Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Void Fissures

UvBenServed

One of the main complaints I’ve seen regarding the current Void Fissure system is the randomness of the missions themselves. Sometimes there aren’t any quick missions for the tier you want. Sometimes there aren’t any endless missions for the tier you want. And sometimes there aren’t any missions at all for the tier you want. Not everyone has the time or patience to sit around waiting for the fissure missions they want to pop up.

What I’d like to see is the ability to create our own custom Void Fissures, where we can pick the mission type and tier, whenever we want. How this should be implemented is up for debate as far as I’m concerned. But here are my ideas:

Spoiler

First, limit it to the Void. It would be nice to use this feature on other tile sets, but I believe this limitation would make it less of a pain to implement. And it would make the Void feel special again. Of course this would mean that mission types which don’t exist in the Void (like Excavation) would be unavailable with this system. But I feel like that’s an acceptable sacrifice.

Each of the four paths that are currently in the Void would be linked to a specific tier. In order to create missions for a given tier, you would need to clear the path that said tier is linked to. For example, if you wanted to create a Neo Fissure, you would first have to clear every node in the path that stems from Neptune (Ukko, Oxomoco, and Belenus). This would make clearing these nodes feel more rewarding, instead of having each path just result in a dead end.

To create Void Fissures, we would need to craft Void Keys to access a special node in the center of the Void. Only one key per party will be consumed. The player who uses their key will pick the mission type and tier.

The (reusable) blueprints for these Void Keys would be researched in the Orokin Lab of our Clan Dojos. One of the resource requirements for crafting the keys would be Orokin Ciphers (which are currently useless since Update 21 removed the need to craft Hidden Messages). This would create a sort of feedback loop: do Void Fissures to receive Void Traces to craft Dragon Keys to open Orokin Vaults to receive Orokin Ciphers to craft Void Keys to create Void Fissures (on a side note, I wonder if Void Traces should also be a rare resource drop in the Void?)

Again, I’m not overly attached to the specifics here. I mostly just want to be able to make custom fissure missions. I worry that my ideas may be a bit too...restrictive. But ultimately I think what I’ve presented is pretty fair. If you disagree or think that the core idea is bad for whatever reason, I’d like to hear your feedback.

31 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

There should ALWAYS be an ENDLESS and a 'QUICK' mission available for each tier! 

EDIT: I wasn't shouting at you, OP, just shouting.

Lol, no worries. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that change implemented as well. But (at the risk of sounding too picky) when it comes to endless missions, I prefer survival (and occasionally interception). If all that's available is defense, then that doesn't really do a whole lot for me. Would still like to be able to do a fissure survival (or some other mission type) whenever I want.

the only thing i dont like about your idea is the need for derelict vault runs...i don't do them as they NEED 4 players to be successfully opened...and I tend to not run with other groups...heck even my own clan mates are on warframe rarely, (though recently they have been coming back) (i personally think the vaults need to be changed so they can work with solo players, instead of needing a key to open the vault, the moment we get the mod we are affected by the key we have equipped, basically as is now, just not needing to unlock the vault)

36 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

the only thing i dont like about your idea is the need for derelict vault runs...i don't do them as they NEED 4 players to be successfully opened...and I tend to not run with other groups...heck even my own clan mates are on warframe rarely, (though recently they have been coming back) (i personally think the vaults need to be changed so they can work with solo players, instead of needing a key to open the vault, the moment we get the mod we are affected by the key we have equipped, basically as is now, just not needing to unlock the vault)

That's fair. The idea was that, since Dragon Keys are already Clan Dojo research items, the Orokin Ciphers are something that would be accumlated naturally through clan particpation, with one vault run producing up to four Void Fissures.

But there are plenty of players (such as myself) who are in solo/dead clans. It would be significantly harder for said players to get enough Orokin Ciphers without spending all day in the recruiting chat or trusting rng (which there's already enough of in this whole process). 

The whole Dragon Key system probably could use some sort of update. It's been untouched for quite some time now.