Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We are getting Operator armors. And that leaves us with a problem.

Kosen

For those who watched the whole tenno live stream last saturday, you should know that it is planned for the Plains of Eidolon update to add armour pieces to our operators.

So far, that's all good and dandy, until you remember our normal operator suits we got over time. Yes more fashion for our pation is good, however, if those pieces increases stats or modifies them in any way, shape or form, then the suits we BOUGHT with platinum would go to waste, as the better stats be preffered for better survivability, the looks of our operators we worked so hard for would go to waste.

BUT! This does not mean that there is no solution to this, and it's quite frankly, a simple one: Make the individual pieces of the suits so far available for crafting, and each part will have it's one little buff to our operators in some way! Heck since this update looks like the Warframe version of Breath of the Wild (please tell me I wasn't the only one that did this comparation), why not make that if you have equiped a suite set, you gain an unique passive for your operator, or make the pieces have mini buffs or passives that will multiply in streaght the more parts we have on.

But this is only my thoughts, what do you guys think about this?

2 minutes ago, brawler58 said:

I'm not hating or going against this in any way but people find a problem in literally everything lol 

It's kinda the same problem with the crafter weapons, it's about how does it fit.

honestly DE needs to make ANY/ALL cosmetics completely dis-connected from ANY/ALL stats/mechanical buffs

ie how you make your tenno/WF look should NOT affect how they function

ie arcanes should get a SLOT and not require a cosmetic to be attached to

ie if we want to give players some more progression/grind/etc stuff, then give them the equivalent of another exilus or focus or whatevs, but have it NOT be connected to requiring a set of cosmetics

games like City of Heroes/Villains understood this fundamental aspect, you had the 'enhancements' screen where you customized all of your abilities/powers and then as a completely seperate system you had your costumes, which had no affect on your powers at all

do we want to only let ppl have certain mods/buffs/cosmetics only after they have done a certain task or 'earned' them? sure, thats fine, but just dont make it where this helm gives +23x and this helm gives +43y and then we have to pick/choose which helm we want becuz ppl will pick stats and then our appearance becomes a victim of stat-creep =/ {sure this is a willing choice, but this is a false/biased choice fallacy and its bad design}

I own all the platinum operator outfits and I'm looking forward to see this combat armors and what stats they bring. If you can have like a heavier armor for more defense or light armor for more speed.  Or atleast more styles that maybe not cost platinum.

Indeed. I thought the arcane helmets were changed due to fashion-stat dilemma, but now for max performance you would still need to wear a syandana just for that extra arcane enchantment. Then to the operators, what if the armours do not appeal to me? If the whole point behind is to give operators more survivability, operator-only mods would be more efficient and easier to balance. I don't get why DE is so against modding system for operator. It makes sense lore-wise, non-warframe beings can certainly benefit from mods because other factions like syndicates and Baro make and utilise mods themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

Indeed. I thought the arcane helmets were changed due to fashion-stat dilemma, but now for max performance you would still need to wear a syandana just for that extra arcane enchantment. Then to the operators, what if the armours do not appeal to me? If the whole point behind is to give operators more survivability, operator-only mods would be more efficient and easier to balance. I don't get why DE is so against modding system for operator. It makes sense lore-wise, non-warframe beings can certainly benefit from mods because other factions like syndicates and Baro make and utilise mods themselves. 

Or maybe using the Focus tree to enhance the operator's abilitie. We DO want them to be mixed anways

I like the idea of maturing the Tenno into a warrior but I don't like the idea of armor changing some stats and that focus gun, I mean since when Void energy can be channelled through some weapons? we already have Void energy channeled into the warframes I just like the operator handle raw void energy, i do really hope that the progress and maturing of our operators depends of some skill tree or something like that and leave the armor and that focus gun to the fashiontenno

Just now, Ylantron said:

I like the idea of maturing the Tenno into a warrior but I don't like the idea of armor changing some stats and that focus gun, I mean since when Void energy can be channelled through some weapons? we already have Void energy channeled into the warframes I just like the operator handle raw void energy, i do really hope that the progress and maturing of our operators depends of some skill tree or something like that and leave the armor and that focus gun to the fashiontenno

The gun I can actually understand. Think about it like a super lense to make the beam less uni; you know, make it like a short burst or a blown on shard blast.

Just now, Kosen said:

The gun I can actually understand. Think about it like a super lense to make the beam less uni; you know, make it like a short burst or a blown on shard blast.

ok but the tenno doesn't need to rely on a gun, he can just train for modifying the beam into something else like energy spheres, or energy pellets similar to how shotguns shoot

6 minutes ago, Ylantron said:

ok but the tenno doesn't need to rely on a gun, he can just train for modifying the beam into something else like energy spheres, or energy pellets similar to how shotguns shoot

I'm not quite sure, after all, operators have the real, unfiltered raw energy of the void in them. And we know it's kind chaotic in that regard, even fucosed by a hand. What we have been experiencing with the warframe was only but a fraction of that, and the war within intruduced ways to channel that energy, yes, but it was still in a big scale (e.g.: Dashing, cloathing, radial blasts and the good ol' beam of angst (tm)). But then again that's just my humble observation on the usage of the tenno's energy.

Edited by Kosen

4 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

They are like 16 years old... 

This pops to mind. Now don't misunderstand me, I am in no way saying that I want operators to be smexy kittens or whatever. Just, felt like a giggle would be had. 

Spoiler

Edited by Lakais