The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is There Still No Option To Opt Out Of Nightmare Mode?

Rettycombine

Just finished the Vanguard Helmet alert, But now i have to farm for neurodes from hek, But everest is a nightmare mission ATM. meaning that i have to go up against level 40+ grineer with a low level warframe that will get killed in a few bursts by the a$$hole elite lancers.

Sounds like it should give you enough time to level your frame then.

Maybe so, but the game has become real hard for new players (not the case here I know), for example - a new player that needs salvage - one of the most common materials - need to go to Mars, and the jump in enemies level us huge.

Also, they promised a story line - either it's so subtle I didn't get it, or it wasn't delivered.

Also, they promised a story line - either it's so subtle I didn't get it, or it wasn't delivered.

Well you could just read the few snippets of lore they already implemented and deduce that they are working on more. Also accusing DE of lazyness because it sometimes takes them more than 24 hours to fix something is just silly. I may not agree with all of their priorities and decisions but they are hotfixing/patching more often than other game devs post on their twitter.

Nightmares need to move more often. GREAT, cant level up suits and get some useful resources from Vor and maybe a part piece if its nightmare all day I'm able to play.

It should be hourly at most.

Nightmare bosses should be special anyway and require extra to activate.

Edited by Firetempest

Well you could just read the few snippets of lore they already implemented and deduce that they are working on more. Also accusing DE of lazyness because it sometimes takes them more than 24 hours to fix something is just silly. I may not agree with all of their priorities and decisions but they are hotfixing/patching more often than other game devs post on their twitter.

1. No accusation of laziness was leveled. I was looking forward towards a storyline and didn't find any.

2. It was addressed at the livestram and explained that there were some delayed but that will not wait untill U10 to do it.

Honestly it just seems very hard to farm for new frames if you're a new player right now. Most of the rare resources (other than Neural Sensors and Control Modules) require fighting really annoying bosses that are bullet sponges or have stupid mechanics (Sargas Ruk with super fast regenerating shields, a machine gun, and bullet attractor was impossible to play solo as a new player).

Once you get a few good weapons and mods you can start to hold your own and really contribute on missions, but when you're just starting out the curve is quite steep once you get past the first 2 planets. Maybe what we need is slightly easier solo missions and a bit of a scaling difficulty when playing in a squad, so that the game isn't balanced assuming 4 players per mission.

Everest is a boss fight so you would always have to go in with a group.

If you can beat Everest solo on normal you should be able to do the same on Nightmare.

Hardly true. If you can beat it on normal, you might run out of ammo on Nightmare (or simply not be able to kill Hek fast enough). Bullet sponge bosses are frustrating on Nightmare. Sure, it's easy to beak Hek solo if you have enough ammo, since he's not difficult mechanically to beat, but on Nightmare you have limited time and he is higher level to boot.

Hardly true. If you can beat it on normal, you might run out of ammo on Nightmare (or simply not be able to kill Hek fast enough). Bullet sponge bosses are frustrating on Nightmare. Sure, it's easy to beak Hek solo if you have enough ammo, since he's not difficult mechanically to beat, but on Nightmare you have limited time and he is higher level to boot.

Bring ammo boxes and kill the mobs hanging around him.

Once you get a few good weapons and mods you can start to hold your own and really contribute on missions, but when you're just starting out the curve is quite steep once you get past the first 2 planets. Maybe what we need is slightly easier solo missions and a bit of a scaling difficulty when playing in a squad, so that the game isn't balanced assuming 4 players per mission.

That makes no sense in a game designed for co-op play, i'd much rather they cater to 4 man groups than make missions easier to let solo play be a viable solution.

I suggest farming Phorid instead. He drops Neurodes, too.

But, yeah - Nightmare needs to be opt in/out.

I strongly doubt a newbie can step into Eris.

And to put it bluntly, I have being soloing Ceres just for fun (start the game online but i just do my stuff), there are absolutely no high mastery players around to help lowbies unlock the "journey" to Exta. I carried 2 lowbies (mastery below 4) nearly the entire way.

In comparison, I never failed to get a full Exta game. In fact the rest of Ceres was dead unless it was Kiste or Varro.

Edited by fatpig84