Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of guides of the lotus on PS4 Oceania

(PSN)Arktorius6901

I have been playing warframe for a decent amount of time (over seventy days) and see myself as a somewhat veteran player, especially by the usual Oceania standards, the point is, as you've seen in the title, that in all my time in playing on Oceania, after I came back from an extended break I had of the game (sorry) about 5 weeks back and I've been playing nearly every day since, I have never seen a guide of the lotus in any of the chats, only the bot (which has its own problems).

I realise that the lack of lotus guides on PS4 and the Oceania server no less, which is rather small compared to servers such as NA, is a relatively small issue (especially with that whole plains reveal at tennocon (EXCITING!!!)) but I think this issue is a downside, maybe even a turnoff for new players as there are constantly new Tenno that have only recently started playing and, as anyone will say, starting off in warframe is somewhat scary as you don't really know what your doing (I know there's a set of advanced tutorials in the codex but they're not exactly well advertised). In fact quite recently I helped a player that had gotten to Jupiter using only Excalibur because they had no clue how boss drops worked and when I asked them why they didn't ask in the region chat they replied with "I did several times but I never got a response and from looking in the market I presumed you could only get them with in-game currency".

This quite honestly shocked me and inspired me to take a more active part in helping players, mostly the new but sometimes the old (they mainly just want my nekros prime), so since then I have made a habit of asking in region chat every time I log on and after every mission or two I do if "anyone need any help with anything or have any questions?" (It's quite convenient that PlayStation remembers the order of words you use in sentences so I can ask that whole question in about 5 seconds) and I have been very surprised with the amount of replies I get from players needing help with bosses, grinding, certain missions and just general questions.

The fact that I have made dozens of friends in warframe in the last 2 or three weeks shows that there are many players in need of help and there is only so much that I and a few other helpful players can do (I'm actually quite proud of myself for inspiring at least one vet who was at mastery rank 17 (I am a lowly 9 but don't really chase MR) to try pay better attention to the region chat in case any new players are asking for help although not really to my level as he said "I admire what your doing but I'm just not crazy enough to commit to it that much myself), anyway back to the topic the amount of people that sometimes respond to my questions at once can be somewhat overwhelming, as many as over 8 players have both PMd me as well as several others trying to communicate with me through region chat and unfortunately I cannot help so many people at once even though I desperately wish I could. 

In conclusion I believe that the lack of lotus guides on the Oceania server is, while a relatively small issue, one that should be addressed as there are many players out there that require help and as Oceania is a rather small server players are simply not receiving they help they need, even ask for! And while I do my best to help those I can I do not believe it is enough so I would recommend if possible that some new lotus guides be (employed? / recruited?) so that players in need get the help they deserve.

p.s I didnt really know how to write this as in whether it should be a short one line question /  statement but I figured since it is a topic i feel strongly about I should write a longer, hopefully more moving and not boring, piece of writing. Regardless sorry for any person that does end up having to read this.

p.s.s I don't know if people will actually think this while reading it but I am not trying to show off how helpful I think I am or how much I deserve recognition for what I've been trying to do, I'm just some kid from NZ that's still in high school trying to help a few of my 'neighbors' out because someone has to help them and since there's apparently no lotus guides to do it it had might as well be me because (to quote a character from a book that I once read) "the only reason you should have to do the right thing is because it is the right thing to do"

p.s.s.s (I just realised that last note probably made me seem even more self righteous which I am TOTALLY NOT... I think)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it's a bigger problem but I don't think there's really any way to solve it, im also not sure but I think quite a few players that live in the Oceania region just play in NA as it's much more active with the amount of people there, I personally switch to NA to trade as the trading chat in Oceania is rather empty