Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nick's art

Nicococo

6 hours ago, Novatico said:

Gonna have to hurry up on that, only 4 days counting today left to submit it in time :P

All in all, you really only gotta finish some small stuff on the sculpt then start baking the maps to work on tint masking, I'm sure you got more then enough time with what's left.

3 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

You don't have much time, hurry up mre.Potter 🤓 🙏 😁👌

I think I'll finish this in time.

So Ive only slept maybe 3 hours in these 2 days but Ive been able to get this thing retopologized, baked base textures and worked on it in substance painter. The tint mask workflow was a bit tricky to understand (or maybe its the lack of sleep) but I was able to get it working. Its not the best but whatever, its my first asset for warframe and Im sure im going to learn more going forward.

Colors:

vTiHYd3.jpg

tint mask:

bhjMu0A.jpg

flat colors:

ghs1jhC.jpg

1 hour ago, Nicococo said:

So Ive only slept maybe 3 hours in these 2 days but Ive been able to get this thing retopologized, baked base textures and worked on it in substance painter. The tint mask workflow was a bit tricky to understand (or maybe its the lack of sleep) but I was able to get it working. Its not the best but whatever, its my first asset for warframe and Im sure im going to learn more going forward.

Colors:

vTiHYd3.jpg

tint mask:

bhjMu0A.jpg

flat colors:

ghs1jhC.jpg

Dude this loojksks amazing work, 2 bad you didn't finish in time but dude that helmet looks just epic 😱👌 all you need now is 2 finish body and be completed...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, FrellingHazmot said:

Nice organic stuff!  I'm getting a Doom or Nemesis vibe from RE.  I suggest maybe adding a bit more organic stuff over the metal pieces on the back and create more concentrated focal points.

Thanks! I thought about doing that but I think the back part is a bit too busy already, and so thats why I wanted it to be darker with emissive points so you know its some sort of metallic, robotic piece but dont think about it too much...I hope that made sense =/

seen this pop up on my steam preference queue and i must say. after coming here. Helmet. Fantastic. brings a new light to excals appearance (considering skins for excal are getting repetitive) but you have managed to win the helmet award.

the rest of the body im personally not seeing it. the way i see this suit coming together is something along the lines of the sleek and ferocious looking style of a xenomorph mixed with unit 01 from neon genesis evangelion. 

however with the sculpt i see for the body it just seems like a oddly deformed yet symmetrical lizard in terms of the rough skin that you can make out.
but anyways thats jut my constructive criticism on the the matter. still great work none the less :)

Edited by DiBBz

1 hour ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Nice Excalibur helmets. Do you have any plans on working on banshee? Or even Octavia?

Thanks! To be honest im not familiar with all the new tennos. I played the game like 3 years ago and just left it there. I started off with the excalibur now because its all I know from when i use to play the game. Would you like me to make a banshee or octavia skin?

26 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

seen this pop up on my steam preference queue and i must say. after coming here. Helmet. Fantastic. brings a new light to excals appearance (considering skins for excal are getting repetitive) but you have managed to win the helmet award.

the rest of the body im personally not seeing it. the way i see this suit coming together is something along the lines of the sleek and ferocious looking style of a xenomorph mixed with unit 01 from neon genesis evangelion. 

however with the sculpt i see for the body it just seems like a oddly deformed yet symmetrical lizard in terms of the rough skin that you can make out.
but anyways thats jut my constructive criticism on the the matter. still great work none the less :)

Thanks alot. I started working on excalibur because of the above reason but i do intend on working on other models btw.

In regards to the full body sculpt, that was the first model i was working on and i was trying to get a grasp on the game's art direction. That one will have its own helmet all tied together with the same look as the body. This excalibur helmet (the one currently on steam) is just an alt helmet and im not planning on making a body for it (not yet anyways). So to sum it up, theyre 2 different ideas and 2 different models.

I appreciate your comment. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

of course I would! both are great. and there hasn't been anyone who has tried to make one.

btw: you are extremely talented considering this is your first work on steam.

Ok then Ill try my hand at making them :) EDIT: Octavia isnt on the list yet but Ill try banshee.

Thank you! But this isnt my first time doing this. Ive been creating 2D and 3D digital art since 2005/06.

2 hours ago, Lucha said:

Congratulations with your first submission! :satisfied: I hope to see more content from you!

Thanks Lucha! Glad to see you also submitted your character, as well :D

Edited by Nicococo
Octavia

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

~
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black
~
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123981334
~

Currently it's just the helmet, but he plans on making a skin for it too!

Out of all the skins so far, this one is my fave of the "Halloween" skins.

Go give it a vote if you haven't already!

Are you sure that mouth like form isn't going a bit too much for a too easily mouth form. Which would be going against what DE asks for tennogen implementation. 

Other than that bloody hell that excalibur is suffering from a nasty demonic possession... 

9 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Are you sure that mouth like form isn't going a bit too much for a too easily mouth form. Which would be going against what DE asks for tennogen implementation. 

Other than that bloody hell that excalibur is suffering from a nasty demonic possession... 

This is my first asset and I didnt know about the mouth thing but its good to learn stuff!

31 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Great work, and Goodluck!

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

I would totally buy this one, is really awesome... regarding the concerns some people have, I'm sure [DE] not simply "reject" something, they also provide help and guidance when there is potential for a piece to become awesome and a worthy addition to the game :community:

Hopefully. We'll see!

Edited by Nicococo

11 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Well, now that we know how warframes are made/work, shouldn't really matter if one has a mouth or not.