Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.0.7

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, DERealMegan said:

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.0.7

Opticor Changes & Fixes:

• Opticor beam now has a radius (thicker more cylinder shaped beam) that will allow you to hit more enemies with a single beam.
  • Increased the Opticor AoE damage radius from 3 meters to 5 meters.
  • Critical Chance and Critical Damage Multiplier now apply to the AoE.
  • Reduced Ammo capacity to 200.
  • Fixed being unable to destroy Nullifier bubbles with the Opticor. 
  • Fixed being unable to kill enemies inside a Nullifier bubble or Eximus Snow Globe with the Opticor. This also fixes being unable to hit Lephantis or Sargas Ruk at times.

I've just tested out the opticor both in sorties against infested and in the simulacrum. If the beam thickness is working it's not very noticeable.

Crit chance and crit multiplier are also NOT consistently applying to AOE damage. Sometimes AOE crits, sometimes it doesn't. My opticor has 95% crit chance with riven so almost every shot should crit.

Targets hit in AOE only receive a small fraction of the damage that direct hits receive. AOE crits, when they occur, are also only a fraction of the damage direct hit crits are.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Chat will automatically rearrange and switch to the Squad tab when loading into a mission.
  • Optimized mission load times and reduced memory usage dramatically.

Thanks for these in particular. Been having huge frame loss in Stage 1 of Law of Retribution due to memory usage, hopefully this fixes it!

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Chat will automatically rearrange and switch to the Squad tab when loading into a mission.
  • Optimized mission load times and reduced memory usage dramatically.
  • Made several small performance improvements for the remastered Earth tileset (more to come).

Love all these changes. The chat change: love it. And the two optimisation changes, thank you very much. I needed these, I still get problems with public missions. My fps drops dramatically in comparison to solo matches.

Great job, DE. u guys fixed my matchmaking host migration thing due to my gpu rendering lag. Had to Alt+tab to wait for level to load before this update to avoid host migration in public matches,now it works like a charm.Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the fixes on the Opticor but I don't think they're working. It seems the Opticor is deciding for itself how many enemies it's going to hit in a single beam; sometimes I can clear an entire room, sometimes people standing RIGHT NEXT to the beam take no damage at all, and Firestorm barely increases the AoE. I think more fixes might be neccessary.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

reduced memory usage dramatically.

Really thank you very much for this. Please tell your team they did a very good job with the issue that haunt low end pc players for long. 

Before Harrow update I can play fine but experienced corrupted textures  after playing for hr or so, plus I cannot access relays because of ram/memory issue. Then after Harrow update rendered many nodes and planets not able to go at all due to ram/memory issue. Now after this hotfix, I felt like I am playing on a super pc. Every corrupted textures, lag etc all gone! I can even go to the relay now with no problem... though I still need to test when baro comes later with the relay populated.

I have never thought this day will come. I have never thought your team could finally fix all the ram/memory issues. Never have I felt so proud of you guys before. 

Thank you.

*new earth is still on the heavy usage side but that is ok, can live with that for now. plans to get new pc.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some cases of network timeout on joining missions with low-end computers (especially when the drivers don't support a shader cache).

Did this also fix the part where entries in the "shader cache" remain unloaded, and the "timeout" never actually "times out", leaving the player forced to ALT+F4?