Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hey kiddo"

Pizzarugi

So I was playing with a newbie friend of mine, helping him get through the system and unlocking rails. We stopped for a moment to discuss how to unveil a riven mod he got from finishing The War Within and as I opened my previous mission stats window, I heard the most ominous voice accompanied by spooky ambience.

"Hey kiddo"

Nothing happened after that. I paused. Never heard that before and I've done just about everything in the game so far barring leveling the last few weapons and doing Jordas Verdict trial. Needless to say I was a bit surprised to see it happen and the lack of threads on the forum here indicate this is either new or I'm super late to experience it. Is it old or was it recently added to tease future content?

Personally, I hope for the latter. I'd like to know more about The Indifference.

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

"Hey kiddo"

Once you heard that. a doppleganger of your operator will be sitting somewhere in your ship. some people found it on the market table, on the radio located on the ramp. and i think thats it (i guess).

i'll stay there for a few seconds to let you find it and if you turn around once you find it, i'll disappear.

Apparently the chance of it happening must be random. Another friend of mine had this occur to them as soon as they finished the quest. I did the quest the day it came out, but only now did it happen for me.

Edited by Pizzarugi

15 minutes ago, Ninja22678 said:

I never experienced it when I finished the quest

It happened to me, right as I loaded into my ship. The voice came qued up, and I thought "man that's creepy". I then turned around and had the biggest jump scare of any game. I'm not sure how many people are admitting it, but screamed like a little girl :(

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Apparently the chance of it happening must be random. Another friend of mine had this occur to them as soon as they finished the quest. I did the quest the day it came out, but only now did it happen for me.

Did you finish the Quest then log out or just went directly to a mission? Because for the Man in the Wall (the doppel) to say anything, you have to get close to them.

He also speaks to you at the end of TWW, the creepy gray eyes? Its him speaking throught you.

13 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

It happened to me, right as I loaded into my ship. The voice came qued up, and I thought "man that's creepy". I then turned around and had the biggest jump scare of any game. I'm not sure how many people are admitting it, but screamed like a little girl :(

I only heard the voice, never saw it man :(

It happens after you finish the quest but if you have the Christmas decorations the evil side can hide behind the snowman. It has a chance of happening at any point after the quest but seems to happen more often once you get harrow. Once you finish the quest it'll be up in the liset/ landing craft portion of your ship and after that it could be anywhere in the orbiter.

3 hours ago, Akunibe said:

Once you heard that. a doppleganger of your operator will be sitting somewhere in your ship. some people found it on the market table, on the radio located on the ramp. and i think thats it (i guess).

i'll stay there for a few seconds to let you find it and if you turn around once you find it, i'll disappear.

It can happen anywhere. I've seen pics of him standing near the door to the transference room doing yoga. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I wonder if the positioning or when it appears has to do with your alignment? Because for some people it has appeared in different spots, and some people reported hearing it but not seeing it. 

There have also been a few random claims that people have seen it appear again randomly here and there well after the quest was over, but I haven't experienced it again since myself. 

this doesn't JUST happen straight after the completion of the quest, I just completed today's sorties and found my operator on the codex to the tune of "Hey kiddo". I've already completed the quest when it came out so this is the second time it has happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit. just seen another comment stating how it can happen after the quest with increasing chance once Harrow is acquired, any ideas on how often?

Edited by Wayshotzo

On 7/14/2017 at 0:32 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

There have also been a few random claims that people have seen it appear again randomly here and there well after the quest was over, but I haven't experienced it again since myself. 

I've seen him a total of 3 times since completing the quest. On the market table right after the quest, then he was sitting on the floor next to the infested door last night, and then just earlier today he was peeking around the wall behind where the Arsenal is.

Yeah, the doppelganger appeared sitting on the codex table and had glowing eyes, i was confused and pressed five to think maybe my operator roams the ship in a new update but no i was standing right next to him in operator mod until i turned around for him to disappear.

2 minutes ago, Avynire said:

Thank you DE, It was a great spooky surprise, eapecialy with horror theme quest. I wonder thou does it only come out once?

No I've had it happen a second time returning from a mission it was near my arsenal though