Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hey kiddo"

Pizzarugi

I'm not sure exactly what happened, as I came out of the bathroom halfway through it, but if you beat the sacrifice, he will talk about stuff from the story with you, the memories, and after the chat, will laugh, and then go poof in a cloud of smoke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This just happened to me after exiting the market page and it scared the life out of me. She didn't say anything until I turned around and she was sitting on the codex console. "Hey Kiddo" then said something about "you killed him" or something. I didn't quite catch what she said as I kinda alt tabbed >_>

This guy still creeps me the hell out to this day lol.

Half the time i don't even see him... i'm just grinding missions and come back to my orbitter to hear "Hey Kiddo" "/chuckle" and then i look around for either A: nothing or B: a jump scare phantom on my ship... lol.

One of my favorite things DE ever introduced, just because of how random and creepy it is. Hope they do something with him later 🙂

Edited by skyfiredraco
  • Like 1

By any chance is this linked with the weird tenno text loading screen. Was coming back from the plains when the text showed up, then i had a thought that maybe these events were tied, so i went down in front of the operator's room and there was my doppelganger with the whole "hey kiddo". 

On 2017-07-14 at 6:10 PM, Akunibe said:

Once you heard that. a doppleganger of your operator will be sitting somewhere in your ship. some people found it on the market table, on the radio located on the ramp. and i think thats it (i guess).

i'll stay there for a few seconds to let you find it and if you turn around once you find it, i'll disappear.

I had him hang over the wires where Ordis has his mainframe (Behind the arsenal infront of the transference room) upside down

On 2018-09-11 at 9:30 AM, TheGhost54 said:

By any chance is this linked with the weird tenno text loading screen. Was coming back from the plains when the text showed up, then i had a thought that maybe these events were tied, so i went down in front of the operator's room and there was my doppelganger with the whole "hey kiddo". 

that’s orkin language

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-07-14 at 12:27 PM, Lurua said:

It happens after you finish the quest but if you have the Christmas decorations the evil side can hide behind the snowman. It has a chance of happening at any point after the quest but seems to happen more often once you get harrow. Once you finish the quest it'll be up in the liset/ landing craft portion of your ship and after that it could be anywhere in the orbiter.

I just found it sitting in my personal quarters, wearing space moms hat. now the headpiece has a strange red smoke aura around it.

On 2017-07-14 at 12:27 PM, Lurua said:

It happens after you finish the quest but if you have the Christmas decorations the evil side can hide behind the snowman. It has a chance of happening at any point after the quest but seems to happen more often once you get harrow. Once you finish the quest it'll be up in the liset/ landing craft portion of your ship and after that it could be anywhere in the orbiter.

6 hours ago, DamonIronhand said:

I just found it sitting in my personal quarters, wearing space moms hat. now the headpiece has a strange red smoke aura around it.

Oh that's new, as of the mainline update new.

Just finished Chains of Harrow and had my first "hey kiddo".

Wasn't as creepy as many people seem to think. Maybe its because I know about it...but then again I wasn't expecting it to happen straight away. Possibly also because my Operator is kinda cute...though she was wearing the default Zariman costume instead of the one I equipped her with (another glitch along with Lander decorations disappearing?)

She / (it?) was just sitting on the edge of the market console, cocking her head to one side. Stayed there for several seconds. Sadly forgot to take a screenshot.

Definitely the creepiest quest I've done so far. Also really annoying...I dropped 30k on siphon traps and died numerous times, as I couldn't gather enough energy to maintain my abilities.

Ending was suitably impressive...and tough...wish I'd had an assembled amp instead of my puny mote. Still, void dashing & sliding helped. Also quite sad...definitely had my feels triggered.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, TheBlazeGamer1 said:

Guys got an update, i'm in a mission, after the 'hey kiddo' was wearing the lotus's mask i touched the mask and entered a mission

Ah, that would be the Chimera Prologue. Basically a re-run of the Apostasy Prologue but with added creepiness (different ending too). :wink:

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for the necro, but, god dammit.

5 in the morning, all dark, playing alone,and this voice pops out of nowhere. Damn, it took me a good 5 minutes to recover from it.

Seriously, I don't play this to be scared S#&$less. I'll probably be laughing out in the next minutes, but for now I'm in a mix of scared and pissed off, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-07-14 at 6:10 PM, Akunibe said:

Once you heard that. a doppleganger of your operator will be sitting somewhere in your ship. some people found it on the market table, on the radio located on the ramp. and i think thats it (i guess).

i'll stay there for a few seconds to let you find it and if you turn around once you find it, i'll disappear.

I've found that creep in my Living Compartment, hanging from the wire infront of the transferance room, on the market, on the codec thing on the opposite side of the market, in the left corridor next to my arsenal and in the middle of my orbiter just sitting on the floor and also next to the radio. two of these were mentioned in your text but I found more sightings you, which is weird since it's supposed to happen rarely but i find it after every 20 - 25 missions. I would really like to know what it is, because i have so many questions. Also once the doppleganger and my operator had a conversation that went something like this.

Doppelganger: Do you remember as it is?

My Operator: Yes. . .

Doppelganger: Are you sure?

My Operator: Yes. . .I. . .I killed him. . .

Doppelganger: Good. . .*dissapears*

My Operator: . . .

And it just ends there, oh and by the way the ambience sound, music and external sounds was cut out, like i could only hear them talking. . . creepy. . .

1 hour ago, dj3k1584 said:

Doppelganger: Do you remember as it is?

My Operator: Yes. . .

Doppelganger: Are you sure?

My Operator: Yes. . .I. . .I killed him. . .

Doppelganger: Good. . .*dissapears*

My Operator: . . .

That's a new one from the Sacrifice. It precedes another mini-quest in the vein of Apostasy.

The dialogue is:

"Feeling better kiddo?"

"I killed him. Issah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Good."