Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lukinu_u's Workshop - Khora Mithra is done !

lukinu_u

Really was expecting Volt. Massive let down. Hope they don't ask you to change too much as the general design is great.

Though why wasn't your Wukong added this round either? I'm not a Wukong user but I can see how people would enjoy it.

Hey ! It's been about a month since I haven't posted stuff here, so that's time to explain some stuff and talk about my futur plans.

First, I got some feedback on feedback on Volt Cerberus, his Tonfa and Titania Limpharis. To summarize, the change to do are :

• Reduce a bit the horn size to fit better the Volt aestetic.
  • Give a more Tenno organic look to the Tonfa.
  • Change the hair part of Titania to look less like hair.

About Wukong, I haven't got more information after my last update but as the necessary changes were small, I doubt there is a lot of stuff to do.

I want to talk about my recent Nova Pinou that mainly got negative comment, even if there are still some good comments and votes are mostly possitives.
Here is the link if you want to check : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357933066
From what I saw, most of negative comments come from 2 points : the easter related stuff that is seasonal and the playboy bunny that involve sexual stuff, and I specifically want to speak about this because this is by anyways, not related to these two at all. The fact it release around easter was a pure coincidence. About the "bunny girl outfit", I see it more as a cute thing and I made this skin on Nova because she don't have suggestive body shape at all, so she were the best frame to for this design.

About the idea, it's a tribute to a friend that love rabbits and said for joking "if you make a rabbit skin, I'm instantly buying it !".
From this, as it was a joke, decided to go really far in the design to also test how far can I go before DE says no. If you follow my work, you probably noticed that I'm constantly testing stuff and see how far I can push the Tennogen guideline limits without being too far to make really different stuff at the risk of being rejected.

I also want to rapidely mention I started to work on Chroma and Mag, but won't give more informations as I don't have any WIP to share right now.

• Like 3

Just wondering, considering the feedback from DE to the Volt, Tonfa and Titania skin, will you be trying to get them ready for the next round? I am still very much looking forward to all 3 items myself so I'd love to see them make it.

As for the Nova skin, I think it is great you are trying to push the limits of Tennogen. I don't see myself using that skin as it looks too much like clothing/skin (except for the helmet, love the cyber bunny face you did!), but in the end it is up to you what you create and up to DE what they accept. I do not see the need for all the negativity. But it kinda happened before with Octavia Diva and the pigtail "drama" and you still pushed through. So I hope this negativity won't affect your motivation to keep pushing the boundaries. :)

Love the Octavia Diva skin btw, I instantly bought it and use the helmet in combination with her deluxe skin right now. I also have a 2nd loadout with a complete Octavia Diva because I really like the metal bits you added.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update regarding feedback. Hoping the Volt is ready for next round too as I'm considering grabbing it when it comes out and potentially the tonfas, depending on how I feel.

Any update from DE as to when your heavy blade skin is going to be fixed? The pattern is still fuzzy/compressed, the disc still doesn't work as intended on the zenistar (dunno whether that feature made it anyways) and on the note of the zeni the handle is still too short so your character is holding thin air.

@lukinu_u

Edited by Valiant

Il y a 4 heures, Valiant a dit :

Any update from DE as to when your heavy blade skin is going to be fixed? The pattern is still fuzzy/compressed, the disc still doesn't work as intended on the zenistar (dunno whether that feature made it anyways) and on the note of the zeni the handle is still too short so your character is holding thin air.

About the extures and the disc, this won't be fixed as it's due to compression and technical issues, but for the handle on axe type heavy blades, I will ask to see if they plan on fixing it.

3 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

About the extures and the disc, this won't be fixed as it's due to compression and technical issues, but for the handle on axe type heavy blades, I will ask to see if they plan on fixing it.

That's a shame, especially about the textures. Never understood that myself though as some textures/TG have amazing detail but some can't be fixed due to compression.

Hope the handle can be fixed as it's a glaring issue. Guess one way of solving it would be by making the handle itself longer. I've always felt that it looks too short in general for such a big blade anyways.

Il y a 7 heures, Oxin a dit :

I do hate to be the guy who just goes around checking for news but .... Any News lukinu_u???

Also love the Nova Pinou skin and helmet

Nothing to share for now, I'm currently reworking the Cerberus set and Titania Lympharis based on feedback I got from DE.

After that, I will continue the Chroma and Mag skins I started, so will be sharing WIP of them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Nothing to share for now, I'm currently reworking the Cerberus set and Titania Lympharis based on feedback I got from DE.

After that, I will continue the Chroma and Mag skins I started, so will be sharing WIP of them.

What is going with Wukong skin? And can you add like some hologram on 2 blade weapon skin like you did on all your weapons....

Edited by Vlada91

They want the lypharis head to look less like hair? Isnt that the appeal of the thing - it looks feminine, like a fairy queen/robot. This is going to end up like the Diva skin, where the changes asked for mean fans of the skin will be upset.

I love the feminine look of the lympharis and if that change is made, there is a good chance I wont buy it - getting very disappointed by the corrections DE is requesting of these skins.

Il y a 20 heures, Chronometria a dit :

They want the lypharis head to look less like hair? Isnt that the appeal of the thing - it looks feminine, like a fairy queen/robot. This is going to end up like the Diva skin, where the changes asked for mean fans of the skin will be upset.

By "look less like hair", they means get ride of the single color flat air without interesting shape as it was, but I kept the hair feeling with a more intersting design.

I finished the changes on the 3 skins I had to work on, here are the updated versions :

I had a look at the old and new versions of the Lympharis in their 3d models and even that change has a big effect on the overall look. The hair is no longer framing the face - it used to look like a nice bob style hair cut and now it has lost that effect. It makes a big difference to lose that aspect of the design. It is a real shame.

10 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

By "look less like hair", they means get ride of the single color flat air without interesting shape as it was, but I kept the hair feeling with a more intersting design.

I finished the changes on the 3 skins I had to work on, here are the updated versions :

I love both of the warframes and the weapons skin! I'm a huge fan of your work and love adding your stuff to my collection. I hope these two make it in...especially volt! he was my first warframe and I kinda have a soft spot for him. I'm rooting for ya!

You solved the hair issue with Titania's helm really well by breaking it up into different sections. The reworked crown/tiara looks really cute as well.

The only issue I have currently is some of the textures being kinda low-res, primarily the pink lining on the body. I understand you're bound to the texturing limitations because Titania's body is so big compared to other frames. I just hope the texture quality won't get downgraded even more after DE's final texture compression pass before it's put into the game.

7 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I said I will soon have some WIP on Chroma to show, here they are :
ChromaWIP.png

They are early progress, but the main design is here. (missing the 3 and 5 colors)

This looks AMAZING!! This is has been a great Tennogen round and week for Chroma and it just keeps getting better!! I cannot wait to get my hands on this :satisfied:. Well done Lukinu_u :thumbup:

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian