Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lukinu_u's Workshop - Khora Mithra is done !

lukinu_u

2 hours ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Not fond of the Atlas and Ivara helmets. I did purchase the syandana. 

For the Atlas helmet, I think the idea of a gaping maw bursting through would be boss. Design it so it's snug inside the detail of the shoulders, then have the tentacles and such sprouting out from it.

the ivara helmet they made used to be much nicer. it looks like a cyclops gorilla with a hood now

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
  • Like 1

So, how may have seen if you looked at my yesterday stream, here is the current state of the body :

1511622227-bodypreview.png

I will start sculpting the helmet today, on stream, based on the following draw I made.
So, check my twitch if you want to see how I proceed to sculpt from almost nothing (just a sphere a bit tweaked to the shape of a jaw) : https://www.twitch.tv/lukinu
Helmtest.png

Idk if someone's asked this before, but do you have plans to do a Mithra series? Kinda like Faven's Graxx series. Is it something you think you'd actually be able to do, or is it too much of a time commitment?

I've not purchased anything Tennogen before, seeing as how plat on Console is obscenely expensive. Seeing your Mirage Mithra skin blew my mind, and to be honest, is why I'm even getting Mirage in the first place. There are frames in Warframe I just don't like because they look abysmal (i.e. Banshee's body), and I'd love to see what you could do with some of the..."less appealing"...frames. 

Edited by (PS4)GamingGuerilla14

Thanks you all for the support !
I was happy with my first acceptation on round 9 but now, it feel completely different, this first acceptation was a quite normal Syandana I didn't really liked myself even if I did it but now, what got accepted is stuff that is my own style and still fit the game, and see you guys liking this is even better for me.

I don't really know how to explain that, but I know I wouldn't be able to do that without all your support, so I want to thanks you again for this !

Le 30/11/2017 à 09:07, (PS4)GamingGuerilla14 a dit :

Idk if someone's asked this before, but do you have plans to do a Mithra series? Kinda like Faven's Graxx series. Is it something you think you'd actually be able to do, or is it too much of a time commitment?

I've not purchased anything Tennogen before, seeing as how plat on Console is obscenely expensive. Seeing your Mirage Mithra skin blew my mind, and to be honest, is why I'm even getting Mirage in the first place. There are frames in Warframe I just don't like because they look abysmal (i.e. Banshee's body), and I'd love to see what you could do with some of the..."less appealing"...frames. 

That's a great question and also a good opportunity to explain what are my plans on Tennogen stuff in the future.

• So first, I will finish the Titania I'm currently working on.

• Now that Mirage Mithra is in and I know what was the problems, I will start to rework Wukong Mithra based on the changes I had to make on Mirage and then, expend the Mithra serie with a syandana and a single sword skin. Maybe more in the future, but nothing planned for now exept vagueness idea for a hammer skin.
    Under this spoiler are some paper drawn concept of the sword and syandana (paper because I don't have my computer and tablet at school >.<)

1512155666-mithra-syandana-sword.png

•   After that, I have some idea to rework my oldest Tennogen post ever (aka Mag Neon) with a completely new look based on the futuristic circuit board initial concept.

•   I also have some idea and early concepts (nothing to share) about a skin duo for Chroma and Nidus.
Edited by lukinu_u
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I was happy with my first acceptation on round 9 but now, it feel completely different, this first acceptation was a quite normal Syandana I didn't really liked myself even if I did it but now, what got accepted is stuff that is my own style and still fit the game, and see you guys liking this is even better for me.

I don't really know how to explain that, but I know I wouldn't be able to do that without all your support, so I want to thanks you again for this !

That's a great question and also a good opportunity to explain what are my plans on Tennogen stuff in the future.

• Now that Mirage Mithra is in and I know what was the problems, I will start to rework Wukong Mithra based on the changes I had to make on Mirage and then, expend the Mithra serie with a syandana and a single sword skin. Maybe more in the future, but nothing planned for now exept vagueness idea for a hammer skin.
    Under this spoiler are some paper drawn concept of the sword and syandana (paper because I don't have my computer and tablet at school >.<)
  Reveal hidden contents

•   After that, I have some idea to rework my oldest Tennogen post ever (aka Mag Neon) with a completely new look based on the futuristic circuit board initial concept.

•   I also have some idea and early concepts (nothing to share) about a skin duo for Chroma and Nidus.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you can do with Wukong and Titania! The Syandana and Weapon skin concepts look like they'll translate really well to 3D models. One question, what kind of Sword Skin will it be? Will it be general application or specific to one class of sword? I ask this because currently there aren't any Rapier skins, and I think your style would really mesh well with their design.

Mag (imo) has always looked awful, excluding her new Pneuma skin. Her bulbous everything just doesnt have appeal. Seeing Mirage Mithra, and the drastic change to shape and attention to detail you have, I believe you could do amazing work with her (and tbh I've always wanted a Neon Frame, and you couldn't have picked a better one to apply that aesthetic to 😊)

On 12/1/2017 at 2:17 PM, lukinu_u said:

Reveal hidden contents

Do you think it would be possible to use that sword skin to work for both single and dual swords? I'd really like a pair of swords that are identical and can have an orokin-ish feel to it o3o

I will stream some progress on Titania today.
https://www.twitch.tv/lukinu

Il y a 1 heure, Novatico a dit :

Do you think it would be possible to use that sword skin to work for both single and dual swords? I'd really like a pair of swords that are identical and can have an orokin-ish feel to it o3o

That's a great question I can't really answer. For now, the only weapon category allowed for melee Tennogen skin are sword, heavy blade, tonfa, hammer and polearm, so I don't know.

Finally not streaming, just got a Substance painter crash while saving and just lost the file D:
I will try to recover it, but I'm not sure to be able...

EDIT : So, I was unable to recover the file... I still have the high poly sculpt and low poly of the helmet, but lost all the texturing...
For obvious reasons, I will put this skin aside for the moment.

Edited by lukinu_u

I know that first dangly Syandana got a bit more support than the ring, but I just want to throw out that I absolutely love the concept of the more rigid attachment Syandanas (Like Officium and Raiji). There are already so many things that dangle, the hoop would separate itself from the pack quite well IMO.

Maybe do a second Mithra Syandana after the dangly one? I just really love that hoop concept and would hate to see it go to waste.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Titania is done. Not one the workshop yet, but the sketchfab model is aviable here : https://sketchfab.com/models/fc36c12264aa4c2eafbbec484b84c4b2

Before screenshots and submit, I will create the matching weapon skin. This is supposed to be a staff skin, but since only polearm, hammer, sword, heavy blade and tonfa are officially aviable for Tennogen, it may end up to be a polearm skin, I dont know.
1513275835-base-schema.png

I will stream the first steps when I start, probably today or tommorow.

Le 04/12/2017 à 17:43, DrBorris a dit :

I know that first dangly Syandana got a bit more support than the ring, but I just want to throw out that I absolutely love the concept of the more rigid attachment Syandanas (Like Officium and Raiji). There are already so many things that dangle, the hoop would separate itself from the pack quite well IMO.

Maybe do a second Mithra Syandana after the dangly one? I just really love that hoop concept and would hate to see it go to waste.

Of course. Even if the ring syandana got less support, I personnaly like the idea and will do it anyway. The only question is "when" :P