The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Have Primed Chamber Now?

Namacyst

This issue will never die until DE makes a commitment to their reward structure.  Look at this last event, top 100 get a BADGE.  Badges are good exclusives, they commemorate the event and can be shown off without affecting gameplay.  I do think they should release the 5 new mods to the drops (even tho I got 250), because I DO know people who were not able to log on until the last 14 hours of the event, assuming they would have time since it was still running, only to find out that all the event maps were closed for good.  

Lack of information is bad, but is only SECONDARY to bad mechanics behind it.  Once again, the assumption was like all the other events, once the community succeeds, people assumed they would still be able to farm until the end.  Suddenly this time that was not true, and there was never any communication that this was broken.  Last event, people assumed the reward mods would drop afterwards like the previous trio.  Suddenly DE pulls a big F*** YOU and tops it off by telling NOBODY that they were making them exclusive.  These are bad moves and bad event mechanics that only become worse when they are obscured by lack of information and communication.  If these things HAD been communicated from the beginning, we would have threads up sooner to let DE know that we do not like the mechanic in place, giving them plenty of time to change them BEFORE they are carried out.

The best solution right now is to change charged chamber to 100% for 7 energy, prevent equipping it with primed, and give primed melee channel's glow effect when the magazine is full.

This issue will never die until DE makes a commitment to their reward structure.  Look at this last event, top 100 get a BADGE.  Badges are good exclusives, they commemorate the event and can be shown off without affecting gameplay.  I do think they should release the 5 new mods to the drops (even tho I got 250), because I DO know people who were not able to log on until the last 14 hours of the event, assuming they would have time since it was still running, only to find out that all the event maps were closed for good.  

Lack of information is bad, but is only SECONDARY to bad mechanics behind it.  Once again, the assumption was like all the other events, once the community succeeds, people assumed they would still be able to farm until the end.  Suddenly this time that was not true, and there was never any communication that this was broken.  Last event, people assumed the reward mods would drop afterwards like the previous trio.  Suddenly DE pulls a big F*** YOU and tops it off by telling NOBODY that they were making them exclusive.  These are bad moves and bad event mechanics that only become worse when they are obscured by lack of information and communication.  If these things HAD been communicated from the beginning, we would have threads up sooner to let DE know that we do not like the mechanic in place, giving them plenty of time to change them BEFORE they are carried out.

The best solution right now is to change charged chamber to 100% for 7 energy, prevent equipping it with primed, and give primed melee channel's glow effect when the magazine is full.

Only you assumed it would drop afterwards... when they were clearly stating that you had something too look for and not just stopping at 20 kills. And Rebecca already said it would be available again in future events, so.... work harder next time or be happy you get a downgraded version at all.... pick whichever you want.

As far as the ships go...... i don't know about you, but everyone assumed that it would end with the ships... and they also said as the "penalty" that the planets would get resources halved if they still had a ship after the event's timer ended. Also, you had one ship per planet (that you couldn't obviously repeat after the ship being destroyed)..... so what made you think the event wouldn't end upon every single ship being destroyed?

It just sounds like another excuse to complain for the sake of complaining

Seeing as this thread just keeps popping back up... going to repeat myself on 1.) .. and do something constructive on 2.) .. ready for this?

1.) DE .. impliment a walk animation. maybe a exclusive one too, take my primed chamber for it. Thanks!

2.) These events remind me of Dark Souls difficulty, which is awesome, anyone else like it? They don't exactly spell it out, I mean, they don't hand-hold us like 3 year olds - Ship appears at a planet, we destroy it, doesn't come back or keep being repeated even after being blown up, and instead leave us to go 1-1=0 and don't F*** it up by giving into the whining, at least not yet.

Thank you DE! Don't spell S#&$ out, I like this. Spell out rewards sure, not the rest of it though, if it's limited time it's limited time. Stop giving out exclusives you've called exclusives, and since you've said Primed Chamber is coming out in future events, make it come out in future events.

Just this once though, seriously, I reference 1.) so the whining can stop today ;D Well, that and it'd turn into "They don't deserve that walk animation cosmetic!! I want it DE NOW this.. this is BS!!" as though you never plan to release more walk animations later! .. oh wait.. you plan to release the mod... well.. still, it'd at least quiet people while they enjoy the Primed Chamber for a few hours anyway until they stop and think - something else now they don't have - even if it is just cosmetics.

Edited by Azraill

Only you assumed it would drop afterwards... when they were clearly stating that you had something too look for and not just stopping at 20 kills. And Rebecca already said it would be available again in future events, so.... work harder next time or be happy you get a downgraded version at all.... pick whichever you want.

As far as the ships go...... i don't know about you, but everyone assumed that it would end with the ships... and they also said as the "penalty" that the planets would get resources halved if they still had a ship after the event's timer ended. Also, you had one ship per planet (that you couldn't obviously repeat after the ship being destroyed)..... so what made you think the event wouldn't end upon every single ship being destroyed?

It just sounds like another excuse to complain for the sake of complaining

I got my 250+, I'm speaking for the people who did not log on to even SEE that the event was turning out like it did (ships closing off) until it was already too late.  They got shafted hard.

You don't get to talk as one of the 100.  You have the mod no matter what, it doesn't hurt you at all for them to do the right thing and release it publicly or buff charged to match it.  Just like the fusion moa leaders, you have your name on the thread and got early access without the random farming element.  Shut up and be happy while the other 2 million of us deal with DE and their horrible policy.

Where did they say this? Where did they say "Hey, only top 100 get this EXCLUSIVE MOD NO ONE ELSE CAN GET"? Nowhere as far as I remember, it was a surprise to everyone. And "Work harder"? Only works when anyone can achieve it, which wasn't the case, only 100 people could do so.

Where did they say this? Where did they say "Hey, only top 100 get this EXCLUSIVE MOD NO ONE ELSE CAN GET"? Nowhere as far as I remember, it was a surprise to everyone. And "Work harder"? Only works when anyone can achieve it, which wasn't the case, only 100 people could do so.

It isn't exclusive.. it's to be released in a future event. Future event.. futureeee event. It's delayed release morphine tabs Kvothe! Of which I wish would start releasing already <.< But by being an event reward, everyone knew it'd be awhile before they got it, and it's being awhile just as expected. Just as these ammo conversion mods are going to be awhile until a full version is released, probably not near as long because it wasn't near as hard to obtain, but eventually on both accounts, just like Frost Primed ;| 

DE : Walk animations. Yesterday. Not going to stop. Bringing. It. Up. Primed Chamber 4 Walk Animations! Will quiet these threads for about an hour anyway.

I got my 250+, I'm speaking for the people who did not log on to even SEE that the event was turning out like it did (ships closing off) until it was already too late.  They got shafted hard.

You don't get to talk as one of the 100.  You have the mod no matter what, it doesn't hurt you at all for them to do the right thing and release it publicly or buff charged to match it.  Just like the fusion moa leaders, you have your name on the thread and got early access without the random farming element.  Shut up and be happy while the other 2 million of us deal with DE and their horrible policy.

Lol you decide if someone gets to talk or not? Long time no see God.... can i say my prayers while at it? Also, if you don't know what's my stand from my previous posts, you best remain in silence..... since you only complain, it's for the best anyways :3

Also, doubtfully anyone interested in getting over 250+ would just HOPE to somehow get them in the last minute, not knowing how the event worked or how long would it take to do so......

It isn't exclusive.. it's to be released in a future event. Future event.. futureeee event. It's delayed release morphine tabs Kvothe! Of which I wish would start releasing already <.< But by being an event reward, everyone knew it'd be awhile before they got it, and it's being awhile just as expected. Just as these ammo conversion mods are going to be awhile until a full version is released, probably not near as long because it wasn't near as hard to obtain, but eventually on both accounts, just like Frost Primed ;| 

DE : Walk animations. Yesterday. Not going to stop. Bringing. It. Up. Primed Chamber 4 Walk Animations! Will quiet these threads for about an hour anyway.

Right, but they said AFTER they realized how badly they #*(&#036;%%@, does not count! (And yeah, I'd be fine with new animations that are exclusive, they're cosmetic, and have no impact at all on me.)

Where did they say otherwise? Read the the post where it states something like "but don't stop there at only 20 kills..." stating that you could get a mod for getting into the top 100.

And again, it will be released again in future events as stated.

Where did they say otherwise? Read the the post where it states something like "but don't stop there at only 20 kills..." stating that you could get a mod for getting into the top 100.

And again, it will be released again in future events as stated.

...did you read my post? "Hey, only top 100 get this EXCLUSIVE MOD NO ONE ELSE CAN GET"?" let me just place that there so you can reread it a few times... Notice the  EXCLUSIVE in all caps. (event exclusive is still exclusive)

Right, but they said AFTER they realized how badly they #*($%%@, does not count! (And yeah, I'd be fine with new animations that are exclusive, they're cosmetic, and have no impact at all on me.)

I really don't mind if they released everything to the public anyways (founder staff, vandals and exclusive mods), as long as they take the same stance with everything i don't really mind..... i believe that exclusive stuff should be cosmetics and commodity only (like skins, xp boosts, etc) to begin with so.....

But you know this... we've pmed :P

...did you read my post? "Hey, only top 100 get this EXCLUSIVE MOD NO ONE ELSE CAN GET"?" let me just place that there so you can reread it a few times... Notice the  EXCLUSIVE in all caps. (event exclusive is still exclusive)

Well... if they now need to phrase everything with the exact words anyone wants..... it's gonna be kinda hard to please any and all picky ones, no? =P

Anyhow, read my previous post =P

What do you mean 'after they realized' DE never said it was exclusive, restated multiple times.

DE comes out and confirms it's not exclusive, it's for Event rewards. 

DE choose not to release during the next event, but instead add 5 more mods that might just go the same route - be a future event reward.

DE hasn't done anything wrong? They're doing exactly what they originally planned.

By all means though, DE, step down and give us walk animations in place of primed chamber, cause, yeah, I want. I want now. But aside from me wanting a walk animation for calmly going down the halls of a Infested ship unarmed, and another for dead-space themed slow moving through corridors ...

I really don't see any reason they actually should do anything, the only way to keep to the first expectation (temp-exclusive) is to keep it just as that, a temp exclusive that will be released in a future event. That's them keeping to their word, sticking to exactly the original expectations, the only ones who feel betrayed or misinformed are people who set their OWN expectation it'd be released at the next event or within weeks which is just people who want it - setting their own expectations - not DE misinforming or anything else. They never said it'd be swiftly released, they never said it was exclusive, the only thing they have ever said on it is - Temp exclusive for a future event. 

Edited by Azraill

Well... if they now need to phrase everything with the exact words anyone wants..... it's gonna be kinda hard to please any and all picky ones, no? =P

Anyhow, read my previous post =P

Not at all. "Hey, this mod is exclusive, or will be" How hard is that?

After reading all this about one simple mod, all I have to say is... Don't like it? Get a nova.

-1 for not contributing anything here. and what do you mean by "Get a nova"? Doesn't make any sense...

I really don't mind if they released everything to the public anyways (founder staff, vandals and exclusive mods), as long as they take the same stance with everything i don't really mind..... i believe that exclusive stuff should be cosmetics and commodity only (like skins, xp boosts, etc) to begin with so.....

But you know this... we've pmed :P

Nah, if they give warning before hand, that's different, everyone KNOWS it's gonna be exclusive, they shouldn't just randomly (it seems) pick and choose mods/things to be exclusive, like the snipetron (which is really where they started to go wrong with exclusives), it shouldn't REALLY be exclusive, just change it to sound/look more like a railgun or something to be in line with the corpus tech.

What do you mean 'after they realized' DE never said it was exclusive, restated multiple times.

DE comes out and confirms it's not exclusive, it's for Event rewards. 

Event exclusive is exclusive.

DE choose not to release during the next event, but instead add 5 more mods that might just go the same route - be a future event reward.

If that's the way S#&$ is gonna go, it's the wrong thing to do. No reason to add tons of repeating rewards, they should be more or less new each time.

DE hasn't done anything wrong? They're doing exactly what they originally planned.

Then they dun messed up.

By all means though, DE, step down and give us walk animations in place of primed chamber, cause, yeah, I want. I want now. But aside from me wanting a walk animation for calmly going down the halls of a Infested ship unarmed, and another for dead-space themed slow moving through corridors ...

I really don't see any reason they actually should do anything, the only way to keep to the first expectation (temp-exclusive) is to keep it just as that, a temp exclusive that will be released in a future event.

But it's not! it's exclusive, a repeating exclusive that new players can't find, they have to wait for an event, and hope DE makes it the reward.

That's them keeping to their word, sticking to exactly the original expectations,

Not at all! they said AFTER people raised a S#&$ storm that she (rebecca) IMAGINES it'll be available, no guarantees.

the only ones who feel betrayed or misinformed are people who set their OWN expectation it'd be released at the next event or within weeks which is just people who want it - setting their own expectations - not DE misinforming or anything else.

Right, because not saying something is exclusive, then making it so is our fault... for not reading their minds...

They never said it'd be swiftly released, they never said it was exclusive, the only thing they have ever said on it is - Temp exclusive for a future event. 

True, but they also never said it would be released again, only IMAGINE that they will.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Event reward for the future is not exclusive, it's time-based alert. :P Not RNG time based, just time based period. Doesn't take a mind reader either to know, hey, top 100 get a unique mod! It's probably not going right into the loot tables if it does at all, but surely we'll get it eventually it doesn't say exclusive anywhere (Except I hear it was in a live-stream that it's exclusive? Or maybe that was Frost Prime.. not sure which.. regardless.)

DE backtracking? Fine, I won't argue, I don't agree but I won't pressure it because.. well.. I'm on skype and distracted trying to type this o.o

DE doing something wrong, no. It'll be in a event eventually, or -something- eventually.

Either way.. other half of me goes........ :)

DE YOU DUN SKEWED UP! .. Now take my Primed Chamber and give me a dead spacey walk animation along with something for the rest of the 100.. a badge or something.. I don't want another badge, I'm not OCD, don't need another one.. but a unique walk animation we 100 can choose.. oh hell yeah! Fix your mistakes, FIX THEM! ... or.. just release the mod in an event later, someday, whichever.. (walk animation.)

Event reward for the future is not exclusive, it's time-based alert. :P Not RNG time based, just time based period. Doesn't take a mind reader either to know, hey, top 100 get a unique mod! It's probably not going right into the loot tables if it does at all, but surely we'll get it eventually it doesn't say exclusive anywhere (Except I hear it was in a live-stream that it's exclusive? Or maybe that was Frost Prime.. not sure which.. regardless.)

Again, it depends on how often it comes up, but event exclusive is STILL exclusive. There is no way to get it outside of DE deciding to throw us a bone and run an event with it (or put it in the drop tables dammit DE), and it won't be limited to the top 100 is my guess, so more people will earn, but really, they never confirmed it'll be back, just that it MIGHT be. What really stings on top of this, is they throw a CLEARLY inferior in everyway mod to the other 0.0033% that couldn't edge someone out for the top 100 (60% weaker, AND costs 2 more? Honestly, who ever thought that'd be an ok idea on the dev team made a stupid move)

DE doing something wrong, no. It'll be in a event eventually, or -something- eventually.

MAYBE, it's not confirmed either way.

Either way.. other half of me goes........ :)

DE YOU DUN SKEWED UP! .. Now take my Primed Chamber and give me a dead spacey walk animation along with something for the rest of the 100.. a badge or something.. I don't want another badge, I'm not OCD, don't need another one.. but a unique walk animation we 100 can choose.. oh hell yeah! Fix your mistakes, FIX THEM! ... or.. just release the mod in an event later, someday, whichever.. (walk animation.)

This I agree with again. 100% cosmetic rewards are fine.

Also, doubtfully anyone interested in getting over 250+ would just HOPE to somehow get them in the last minute, not knowing how the event worked or how long would it take to do so......

Even if you know how the event works, sometimes stuff happens. I was out of town during the Informer event and had to pound out my 20 kills before work on Monday. I was lucky enough to have Saturday afternoon free this weekend, but I easily could have missed this event too.

The solution I'm pushing for: No exclusive/event exclusive gameplay items. Exclusive cosmetic items are fine, but gameplay items need to become available through regular gameplay after the event (like Frost Prime).

Wonder if theres any shot we could get DE to contact all 100 of us in the Drone event to put a vote together for a cosmetic item, and they just replace charged with primed chamber to have this settle already :P 

1.) Walk animations

2.) Badge for the other shoulder

3.) Cake is a Lie forum title.

I vote 1.. 2.. and 3!

But I'm bias.. and limited to one option.. Sooo I choose 1! Other 99 of us, start voting! :3 DE, get to work! 

:P

Even if you know how the event works, sometimes stuff happens. I was out of town during the Informer event and had to pound out my 20 kills before work on Monday. I was lucky enough to have Saturday afternoon free this weekend, but I easily could have missed this event too.

The solution I'm pushing for: No exclusive/event exclusive gameplay items. Exclusive cosmetic items are fine, but gameplay items need to become available through regular gameplay after the event (like Frost Prime).

+1, hell, even timed exclusives that are put into the game after a week or two would be fine (gives people time to enjoy that special snowflake with everyone else who did the event...)

Well, DE's been making some changes on the events to try and make the best possible solution for everyone... so they are going in the right direction, you can already see a lot of nice improvements compared to previous events. Also, we don't know if these mods are event exclusive or just a head start to the event rewards, and later introduced into the loot tables.... so hang in there until we have official info about that.

I agree that only cosmetics and so should be exclusive, not items that yield mastery or give more gameplay options

I have seen the same type of progression in guild wars 2, some of the first major events the game had people complained about quite of the few same things people are here. The company now takes a different approach for events. Gvie DE some time, they are learning. Looks like they are already doing good.

I love to come back and tell Kvothe, the i told you so line because now the people complaining about the event is also becoming vocal. Overall justifies my point that there is no better but appeasing the vocal minority not the silent majority.

No use staying in this thread anymore since no action is going to be taken anyways, have a fun time gentleman.

I love to come back and tell Kvothe, the i told you so line because now the people complaining about the event is also becoming vocal. Overall justifies my point that there is no better but appeasing the vocal minority not the silent majority.

No use staying in this thread anymore since no action is going to be taken anyways, have a fun time gentleman.

What? People have been complaining about the informer event for quite a while now...

What? People have been complaining about the informer event for quite a while now...

I mean people complaining about the formorian event as well because some of them are not recognized for their hard work.

When you are talking about these two groups of people, the play for fun and the serious players, you can't satisfy both only one side can be satisfied while another disappointed. To create a real balance solution is to really see the context of this game that most of us don't even have the data to measure.

To really create an exclusive reward and ensure people are still rewarded and content is going to be DE major hurdle to having a perfect event.

To add, your play for fun is a much larger group, their voices combined is very loud, but compared to the serious players who are smaller and also as loud.

Edited by Jacate