The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Have Primed Chamber Now?

Namacyst

Yeah because in your eyes no matter how much effort you put into something you should still be rewarded the same as everyone else.

Just in case, I didnt get into top 100.

smh, assuming things.

Interesting, but the top 100 did work their &#! off to get the reward, I don't see a problem with that.

I'm for Primed Chamber staying exclusive.

A good example would be the Braton Vandal, since people could see and hear that it was a special exclusive weapon, the people who didn't have it kept asking for it and as you said whine.

Edited by FateZero

exclusive is okay, if it doesn't affect gameplay. anything that makes them stronger than otherwise possible is bad.

Tell me how is it bad? Is there any of them bragging about it on the forums? Nope. Are they fighting against you if they have it? Nope. Are they making you useless? Nope. Clearly i don't see how it is bad just the non-top 100 wanting a silly mod that would hardly benefit any weapon but the snipetron vandal.

I had a conversation about Primed Chamber with someone from DE, and the statement was: "I can't give out Primed Chamber, that is event-exclusive." We get Charged Chamber. Maybe Primed Chamber comes in other events, again.

Then how about being fair and making Primed Chamber avaiable to all? After all many of us took part in an event to get the *exclusive* Frost Prime. Our reward was released, so theirs should be as well.

Then how about being fair and making Primed Chamber avaiable to all? After all many of us took part in an event to get the *exclusive* Frost Prime. Our reward was released, so theirs should be as well.

No their reward should not be released, they did way more work than what was required. One fusion moa does not equal 2000+ informers.

Prime Chamber is a trophy card - probably the first of a few.

If you want it - win it. If you can't win it you can't have it.

Eventually events will be a little more common and Trophy cards make a good prize for that time.

The Charged Chamber mod has an identical function and can be obtained by anyone. Go snag that.

Yeah, sure.  2/5 of the power for 9/7 the cost is TOTALLY identical function.

DE needs to release it to the public.  Mods have a massive gameplay effect and should NEVER be exclusive.  Winners get early access and don't need to farm it, just like retribution from the last event.  That's already a nice reward.  If they're really going to be all butthurt over it being a "timed" exclusive, start giving out trophy skins as prizes.  Never cut off 99.99% of the community from even having the CHANCE to use something just because 100 people can manage a blank 72 hour sleepless schedule in their unemployed lives to exploit respawn AI over and over and over.

On another note.. can i exchange my Primed Chamber for a Primed String for the Dread? Ahm wait no, they'd still be mad.. or - oooorr.. a unique 1-of a kind walk animation for being unarmed, and optionally tactically walking with melee/secondary/primary .. cause that - well - that's cosmetic and I'd kinda enjoy it, both for the appeal of walking through the dark infested ships at a Dead Space - pace and so people only have 99 more people to talk out of having it.

:P 

Yeah, sure.  2/5 of the power for 9/7 the cost is TOTALLY identical function.

DE needs to release it to the public.  Mods have a massive gameplay effect and should NEVER be exclusive.  Winners get early access and don't need to farm it, just like retribution from the last event.  That's already a nice reward.  If they're really going to be all butthurt over it being a "timed" exclusive, start giving out trophy skins as prizes.  Never cut off 99.99% of the community from even having the CHANCE to use something just because 100 people can manage a blank 72 hour sleepless schedule in their unemployed lives to exploit respawn AI over and over and over.

You'd still be doing that if you change it to skins because then you would have people complaining how they cant complete their skin collection and how they are reminded of it everytime they see one of the winners.As far of them affecting gameplay,I don't see how they would because you wouldn't even be able to tell that they have it unless its a mod that adds an effect.At this point its like I one shot an enemy with my Snipetron Vandal and that guy one shots an enemy with his Vandal that has primed chamber mod soooo yeah I'm not sure how it affects you. What I will agree with is the lack of communication on DE's part.

You'd still be doing that if you change it to skins because then you would have people complaining how they cant complete their skin collection and how they are reminded of it everytime they see one of the winners.As far of them affecting gameplay,I don't see how they would because you wouldn't even be able to tell that they have it unless its a mod that adds an effect.At this point its like I one shot an enemy with my Snipetron Vandal and that guy one shots an enemy with his Vandal that has primed chamber mod soooo yeah I'm not sure how it affects you. What I will agree with is the lack of communication on DE's part.

It's much less of a concern.  A trophy is a trophy, an object to be displayed to show your accomplishment.  Not every football player has a Superbowl ring, but seeing one just reminds them to play harder next season.  A mod that gives you a huge power boost is not an appropriate trophy.  Imagine if they made steroids legal for ONLY the winning team.  Really ruins the sport, doesn't it?

It's much less of a concern.  A trophy is a trophy, an object to be displayed to show your accomplishment.  Not every football player has a Superbowl ring, but seeing one just reminds them to play harder next season.  A mod that gives you a huge power boost is not an appropriate trophy.  Imagine if they made steroids legal for ONLY the winning team.  Really ruins the sport, doesn't it?

Kinda do.. you realize the team that wins the superbowl has a S#&$e ton more funds to invest into better -everything- right? They basically get a +100% damage mod for the next seasion :P

Kinda do.. you realize the team that wins the superbowl has a S#&$e ton more funds to invest into better -everything- right? They basically get a +100% damage mod for the next seasion :P

No, the spending cap is enforced equally on all teams, at least for player salary.

Edited by Callback

You can actually use that logic for the mod as well.For example,lets just say I see a screen shot of someone doing massive damage due to the rewarded mod and its quite a bit higher than my damage output.I ask the him/her how they are doing that and they respond that its due to primed chamber which they got for getting in the top 100.Next time if I see a reward that increases my damage I might be more inclined to actually work for it.

Winning team - each player gets a payout at the superbowl: losing team gets roughly half the sum .. and I'm not even a football fan so not digging into this one further than, yeah, Superbowl winning team gets a nifty addition, they don't just get a ring and a pat on the back: they get major kick backs. 

At any rate, I still would LOVE to exchange my Primed Chamber for a Dead Space / Swat style walk animation while holding weapons / unarmed version too, cause hell, it needs to at least be open to every situation or what's the point! =P 

You can actually use that logic for the mod as well.For example,lets just say I see a screen shot of someone doing massive damage due to the rewarded mod and its quite a bit higher than my damage output.I ask the him/her how they are doing that and they respond that its due to primed chamber which they got for getting in the top 100.Next time if I see a reward that increases my damage I might be more inclined to actually work for it.

The rings correspond to the specific season won.  Each is different, a record of the history of the event.  It is a symbol only.  Next season, all the teams start on equal footing.  

At any rate, I still would LOVE to exchange my Primed Chamber for a Dead Space / Swat style walk animation while holding weapons / unarmed version too, cause hell, it needs to at least be open to every situation or what's the point! =P 

I would kill thousands of anything for a Dead Space Vauban skin,hes almost there anyway might aswell complete his suit

I'm fine with primed chamber being exclusive...100 people out there who have this mod isn't going to be game breaking guys we have like what 10,000+ players on this game anyways, they deserve it because they worked hard for it, it would be completely unfair if someone who killed 30 Drones got lucky somewhere and got the mod for just doing nothing.

Winning team - each player gets a payout at the superbowl: losing team gets roughly half the sum .. and I'm not even a football fan so not digging into this one further than, yeah, Superbowl winning team gets a nifty addition, they don't just get a ring and a pat on the back: they get major kick backs. 

They get nice rewards, YES.  In the form of money, a thing that all people can earn, just slower and in different ways.  It also does NOT make them better at football just for winning.  I'm sorry, but you are highly biased as an event winner and being quite selfish about this whole thing.  

The only other option would be to buff charged chamber to be IDENTICAL to primed, and not allow both to be equipped at once.  Now you have a shiny trophy in your mod collection, but everyone is still on equal footing for power.

I have Primed Chamber but I don't know how I feel about it being exclusive, I think I'm pretty neutral about it.

Though, I sort of want it to stay exclusive to spite those individuals who felt the need to indirectly insult all of us who had a weekend of spare time.

Then theres the people who tried but simply didn't have enough time to grind the drones who I feel deserve something for going that extra mile.

I will say one thing though, the top 100 players out of all the active players is a number that might be too low.

I have Primed Chamber but I don't know how I feel about it being exclusive, I think I'm pretty neutral about it.

Though, I sort of want it to stay exclusive to spite those individuals who felt the need to indirectly insult all of us who had a weekend of spare time.

Then theres the people who tried but simply didn't have enough time to grind the drones who I feel deserve something for going that extra mile.

I will say one thing though, the top 100 players out of all the active players is a number that might be too low.

Gratz man, anyways I feel like you're right about the people who missed this mod by 100 kills or so, they did grind their butt off and came up with nothing for it. I'm hoping in the future DE does the tiers idea where you have to kill 20 to get this kill 80 to get this kill 200 to get this, etc... that way people actually know that they'll get something for their fruits of labor and can stop when they're content with what they'll receive.

The rings correspond to the specific season won.  Each is different, a record of the history of the event.  It is a symbol only.  Next season, all the teams start on equal footing.  

The thing is the equal footing is not determined by the mod they give out last event,its determined by the next event and how much available time you have. I mean if it were something like the drones again,you can kill those with a pistol.Someone with a primed chamber is not really going to have an advantage over you.For there to be unequal footing it would have to be something ridiculous like a mod that causes 2k damage fire explosions when your shields are down and regens your health for everykill you get with the explosion and the event was to kill infested.Then I would totally agree with you.

Edited by XSuzumeX

They get nice rewards, YES.  In the form of money, a thing that all people can earn, just slower and in different ways.  It also does NOT make them better at football just for winning.  I'm sorry, but you are highly biased as an event winner and being quite selfish about this whole thing.  

The only other option would be to buff charged chamber to be IDENTICAL to primed, and not allow both to be equipped at once.  Now you have a shiny trophy in your mod collection, but everyone is still on equal footing for power.

Well aren't you full of assumptions  : No, when your talking NFL and money, your talking tons of money : tons of money for better trainers and better footing to be a better player: not that it doesn't take effort to stay on top it certainly helps a S#&$e ton to have that kind of help. At any rate, not here to argue that: it's just funnier your calling me selfish, I'm actually hoping Steve will see this and make us exclusive and entirely 'cosmetic' walking animations so we can see how many people demand that after they get the Primed Chamber mod we exchanged for it.

Cause, yeah, I'd be 110% happy with exchanging my Primed Chamber for an exclusive cosmetic, the issue with offering it after the fact is they'd at least need to throw up a vote for the top 100 to decide what the majority actually wants: they said it was going to be exclusive and have - stated quite intently - it's going to remain that way. Well, here's a top 100 that says give the rest of the community what they want, put it in the loot tables and give us a Exclusive walk animation! :D Or let us vote on exclusive cosmetics we'd like to see, hell if I care, my Primed Chamber has been sitting gathering dust in my mod collection since I got it.

Nothing personal against the winners, just that most players didn't even have a CHANCE with overall busy schedules and important matters to deal with.  I'm all for you guys having something special to celebrate, but a mod as a direct source of power in the game is just wrong.  You do deserve a badge, skin, even just an informant forum avatar.  If they made "badges" beyond founder and let you pick which one to display, you could possibly have it there.  Any sort of exclusive cosmetic.

@Azraill, I never said to remove the mods from you.  I think you should be given an ADDITIONAL cosmetic, and just release the mod to the drop tables for everyone else.  It's cool to use mods as early access/guaranteed acquisition of an otherwise really rare mod as a reward.  The only issue is making them 100% exclusive.

Edited by Callback

Mods have a massive gameplay effect and should NEVER be exclusive. 

So does the Snipetron Vandal, and I don't see you complaining about that.

Oh wait, it's because you already have it. Nice double standards there, bro.

I don't mind that 100 people who busted their balls all weekend get a very slight overall damage boost on one of their guns. That's how rewards should work. Congratulations to them, and I hope I'll win something too next time.