The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Have Primed Chamber Now?

Namacyst

Imo, a good way to make people happy would be to release the Mod to the public, but the winners get a "specially modified" version. Hypothetically, their version, while having identical boosts as the "public" version (Assuming the public version will be the one we have now), will instead add 7 Mod points (14 with a Polarity) instead of taking 7/4 Mod points. Also, there should be a unique effect on the gun with the top 100 version of Primed Chamber, maybe make it so that the first shot of the clip discharges a solid lazer beam, or add some kind of particle effect to the gun when it's on a fresh clip. This way, the top 100 get to have something powerful and unique, but an ordinary player can also achieve the same thing, albeit less flashy and with the use of many Formas to achieve the same result. 

Bit too extreme there.  What you could do is buff charged chamber to be equal to primed, make them mutually exclusive, and give primed the particle, say a golden tracer round when it activates.  Again, the difference would need to be purely cosmetic to be fair.

Bit too extreme there.  What you could do is buff charged chamber to be equal to primed, make them mutually exclusive, and give primed the particle, say a golden tracer round when it activates.  Again, the difference would need to be purely cosmetic to be fair.

I would like that a great deal, but when you think about it, if both mods have equal power, I could just equip both and still have superior damage to the non-top 100 players.

I would like that a great deal, but when you think about it, if both mods have equal power, I could just equip both and still have superior damage to the non-top 100 players.

I covered that.  "Mutually exclusive", as in you can't equip both at once.

Edited by Callback

-reads the topic title-

Did you get to the Top 100 for the hellish Balloon Hunting event?

No? Then No.

We get the dumbed down version, which is DE's way of saying, 'you can have something like it, but you don't get the real prize.'

Be happy we even get the Charged Chamber.

If DE's decision is (as it probably is, or at least should be) to release the mod publicly, why would they need a vote?  Creating an extra cosmetic as a retro-reward for the winners is just a bonus gift so you can remember your accomplishments.

That goes back to some of my other posts be it in this thread of the countless others, the amount of effort and time involved in that event for what was assumed to be - and has been confirmed to be by the Mod's to be an exclusive : save for future events : would be a mark of DE going against their word if they began to release it outside of similarly difficult events. The last event already had MAJOR issues of people stepping down -because- they felt like DE would just hand the items out anyway if we failed:  So if they released it, do you know what would likely happen? 

A good chance would stand that the competitive players in warframe would do no more than strive for the bare min if at all : and watch the 0-100% meter barely inch past a low % before the event closed because you simply wouldn't have a quarter as many people with the dedication of the last event. Though perhaps we'll all get lucky and they'll make the next 0-100% vastly easier, and it won't be a 'last hour' victory like the last one, they'd pretty much have to for it to be a success.

Most if not all the people you see who got 2,000+ certainly wouldn't do it again. Loot chance is easier to obtain anyway, I've got 3 Master thief's and could have had something like 6 more *since* the Event with no grinding involved, just what I'd usually be doing : so obtaining such a item as suggested "making it one of the rarest" would actually only take a few hours of dedicated effort instead of the .. easily .. 24-48 involved for the event, which doesn't even factor in sheer dedication to a goal and sleep deprivation most went through to obtain what was expressed as Exclusive and has confirmed mostly as such.

So yes, it is DE's choice but it's also a issue of DE keeping their word, I'm all for them stripping the Mod out and doing what they please with it, but to not lose player base they are going to have to give something in return that compares, to me that'd be a walking animation - to others it might be a color pack or a unique cosmetic of some other kind : But they pretty much would have to offer something stand-out unique that the 100 liked overall if they didn't want a bad reputation that led to more griping like last time 'They'll give us the reward anyway, even if we fail and don't get what we're asked to' turning Events into a real joke: not to mention you'd have most of the top 100 & others angered over it. You can see over the course of these threads - the many their are - even people not in the Top 100 would be upset if they caved.

Personally : On my side of things : I really couldn't give two S#&$s. I could click the sell button on it and not really bat an eye. It's not important, and it's not on a weapon I like. So hell if I care. But doesn't make what I've said any less true, it's just how easily things blow up.

Edited by Azraill

I covered that.  "Mutually exclusive", as in you can't equip both at once.

Allright, kinda flew over that part, my bad. But yeah, I like the idea with the particle effect, it would give the top 100 still the feeling of having something unique and awesome while giving other players the chance to get the same boost just without the exclusive effect.

So when can I expect them to take thunderbolt retribution and handspring away from everyone other than me and 9 others. That's fair right? You losers that went camping or anything 4th of July weekend obviously don't deserve primed chamber,we should be satisfied with our plebeian mods.

That goes back to some of my other posts be it in this thread of the countless others, the amount of effort and time involved in that event for what was assumed to be - and has been confirmed to be by the Mod's to be an exclusive : save for future events : would be a mark of DE going against their word if they began to release it easily or freely. The last event already had MAJOR issues of people stepping down -because- they felt like DE would just hand the items out anyway if we failed:  So if they released it, do you know what would likely happen? 

A good chance would stand that the competitive players in warframe would do no more than strive for the bare min if at all : and watch the 0-100% meter barely inch past a low % before the event closed because you simply wouldn't have a quarter as many people with the dedication of the last event. Though perhaps we'll all get lucky and they'll make the next 0-100% vastly easier, and it won't be a 'last hour' victory like the last one, they'd pretty much have to for it to be a success.

Most if not all the people you see who got 2,000+ certainly wouldn't do it again. Loot chance is easier to obtain anyway, I've got 3 Master thief's and could have had something like 6 more *since* the Event with no grinding involved, just what I'd usually be doing : so obtaining such a item as suggested "making it one of the rarest" would actually only take a few hours of dedicated effort instead of the .. easily .. 24-48 involved for the event, which doesn't even factor in sheer dedication to a goal and sleep deprivation most went through to obtain what was expressed as Exclusive and has confirmed mostly as such.

So yes, it is DE's choice but it's also a issue of DE keeping their word, I'm all for them stripping the Mod out and doing what they please with it, but to not lose player base they are going to have to give something in return that compares, to me that'd be a walking animation - to others it might be a color pack or a unique cosmetic of some other kind : But they pretty much would have to offer something stand-out unique that the 100 liked overall if they didn't want a bad reputation that led to more griping like last time 'They'll give us the reward anyway, even if we fail and don't get what we're asked to' turning Events into a real joke: not to mention you'd have most of the top 100 & others angered over it. You can see over the course of these threads - the many their are - even people not in the Top 100 would be upset if they caved.

Personally : On my side of things : I really couldn't give two S#&$s. I could click the sell button on it and not really bat an eye. It's not important, and it's not on a weapon I like. So hell if I care. But doesn't make what I've said any less true, it's just how easily things blow up.

There was never a promise of exclusivity before the event, and there is still no official confirmation that it is now.  Even with retro-confirmation, the general assumption was that it would be like thunderbolt, handspring, and retribution as the top 100 prizes last event, limiting the motivation to want to put 50+ hours into farming to have a chance.  There is no word to go against, unlike when the "exclusive" frost prime base blueprint turned up in void missions.

The progress bar was a palcebo to keep you motivated.  It worked.

The drop rate would need to be low, like retribution.  Master thief, thunderbolt, and handspring are moderately easy to obtain, but still require some dedication.  Retribution is just plain RARE.  Make it equal to that and we have a good base, not only do the winners get to enjoy the TIMED exclusive access to the mod, they save a lot of headache farming it.  Switching to cosmetic-based trophy rewards would not make events any lazier.  The majority of the playerbase who CANNOT possibly compete would not feel entirely disenfranchised, while those who can are still competing for a meaningful prize.  Early access to a mod that is destined to be super rare and valuable anyway (see the platinum price to get retribution) is nothing to scoff at.

Edited by Callback

I personally hate that Primed Chamber is exclusive. It's a very powerful mod, and it's being kept away from 99.99% of the playerbase. I wouldn't mind if they got an exclusive weapon like the vandals, or other exclusive gear, but to get something that can affect gameplay to such an extent and keep it not only exclusive, but kept to only those who had the time and the means to farm thousands and thousands of Informers, really bothers me.

Win it? They didnt win anything.

Im 100% sure those top 100 did the informant exploit.

DE pls release the primed chamber pubically.

Then I'm here to prove you wrong. I made it into the top 100 and didn't use the exploit.

I ran through the missions, killed them, extracted and redid it a good 300 times. Please tell me where the exploit in that is.

Edited by Storchenbein

If the gap weren't that big it would not be a problem but 100% for 7 Energy vs. 40% for 9 Energy is absolutely unacceptable if Primed Chamber turns out to be exclusive.

Whoa, hold up. You want the exclusive Braton Vandal to be much more powerful than the non-exclusive Braton, but you don't want the exclusive Primed Chamber to be much more powerful than the non-exclusive Charged Chamber?

Actually, a solution I think would work well would be to give Charged Chamber and Primed chamber the same potential, but have Primed Chamber be much easier to rank up. Like, if Primed chamber is 25/50/75/100, Charged Chamber could be 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100, or 20/40/60/80/100. That would personally solve most of my issues; The same power level would be attainable by the rest of us, albeit with much more work

Then I'm here to prove you wrong. I made it into the top 100 and didn't use the exploit.

I ran through the missions, killed them, extracted and redid it a good 300 times. Please tell me where the exploit in that is.

Our clan general also did the same thing you did, hundreds of runs on Ceres to get into the top 100.

Actually, a solution I think would work well would be to give Charged Chamber and Primed chamber the same potential, but have Primed Chamber be much easier to rank up. Like, if Primed chamber is 25/50/75/100, Charged Chamber could be 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100, or 20/40/60/80/100. That would personally solve most of my issues; The same power level would be attainable by the rest of us, albeit with much more work

+1, They farmed the most, the upgrade cost the least. Makes sense.

+1, They farmed the most, the upgrade cost the least. Makes sense.

The big issue I can see with this solution is that they would still cost different amounts of mod points; Still, DE seems to be trivializing that aspect, so I think we could still be relatively even

As long as the mods are mutually exclusive, I don't mind a little extra pain beyond the farming to get the first copy.  The main point is to leave equal potential for all.  On the flip side, those dedicated farmers will have a lot MOE cores to be fusing, and be the ones more likely to afford fusing high level mods without gouging into their collection.  Convenience is a good reward, amazing if it's a lottery style event, but I don't think it's what the people with THAT much time on their hands are looking for.  Cosmetics are the way to go to let them show off their dedication.

Edited by Callback

What work are you referring to for the Frost Prime event? Killing one Fusion Moa?

Compared to say killing at least 2000~?

Have you been doing tier 3 defense mission? They have a good chance at dropping multi-shot mods, Shotgun, Rifle, and Pistol each drop from a different faction.

FYI, I killed just over a 100 Fusion Moa because that was all the time I actually had that weekend. I work almost 40 hours per week and I always work evening shifts on the weekends. These events barely give me enough time to make the minimum as I'm only able to play for at least 5 hours tops over the course of 3 days. (Friday, Sat. and Sun.) Like the Grineer event, I had to work the weekend as well, thus leaving me with not enough time to even compete with the 30% (hypothetical number before the inevitable whine anyway) of people who have no lives outside of playing a game.

And no, my friends hate defense missions (except mobile defense to some degree), and I don't feel like joining a public game for various reasons.

I don't care if a weapon is exclusive such as the Vandal-based weapons. Frost Prime was hinted at being exclusive and it should have stayed that way. But of course, DE has a huge communication issue I've noticed lately. This event didn't specify an exclusive reward, thus I thought Primed Chamber would be released a while later. DE has once again failed to communicate this as being an exclusive reward to the Top 100. Basing on the stats I've read, there is a huge difference between our public version and the Primed version that I simply do not agree with.

Let's have a look, fully upgraded, Primed Chamber is 100% bonus to the first round in a clip costing 7 points. Charged Chamber, upgraded, is 40% with 9 points for its cost. There's something wrong with this, something very wrong. Not only is it 60% weaker, it also costs 2 more points to equip. Match the polarity, Primed Chamber is 5 points compared to 7 for Charged. This is a stark difference that even I wouldn't want to use Charged Chamber anyway, unless they made the stats to somewhat compete with Primed Chamber. It doesn't have to match exactly, but if it had the same point costs, but at 60% damage boost, it'd make a good alternative instead for those that didn't get the exclusive mod.

/me waits for the tl;dr people anyway.

As long as the mods are mutually exclusive, I don't mind a little extra pain beyond the farming to get the first copy.  The main point is to leave equal potential for all.

Ah yeah, I forgot to add in that. They'd definitely have to be mutually exclusive, or it defeats the purpose

Win it or don't. Easiest thing ever. 

Win it by being a no life that isn't productive to society? Some people here are working and paying their taxes. Not to mention spending time with their family on a National Holiday. Some did try to win it but were a few hundred kills short because they didn't think that it wasn't enough.

You can actually use that logic for the mod as well.For example,lets just say I see a screen shot of someone doing massive damage due to the rewarded mod and its quite a bit higher than my damage output.I ask the him/her how they are doing that and they respond that its due to primed chamber which they got for getting in the top 100.Next time if I see a reward that increases my damage I might be more inclined to actually work for it.

I was pretty inclined to do it. However I remembered Fusion Moa event. People's kills were up in the thousands. There no one I'm going to waste all my time doing that when there are better things to do. Not to mention even if I did kill lets say 1.9k I wouldn't even know if that would be enough. From the looks of it I say it would but when the list came out it wasn't. So now I just wasted all that time for nothing. Sucks doesn't it? Despite all that effort you didn't even come in close. That is the worst kind of feeling you can get.

I'll walk away from Warframe as a Grand Master if this mod is given out to everyone. A future top 100 event is fine. DE already on thin ice getting me to stay with how easy this game is.

K. No one will missed you. What about everyone who got Frost Prime exclusive and then was later released in the Void. Grow up.

Whoa, hold up. You want the exclusive Braton Vandal to be much more powerful than the non-exclusive Braton, but you don't want the exclusive Primed Chamber to be much more powerful than the non-exclusive Charged Chamber?

I just wiki it. Braton Vandal isn't better than Braton. Just a different version. They both have same damage, Same Clip Size, Same base Critical Damage and that is where the similarity ends. Braton has larger ammo size. Vandal has 0.07 faster reload speed, twice as much base Crit change at 5% which isn't a lot, higher accuracy and less recoil.

While your Chamber mod has 60% more damage.

My 2 cent - I really could care less about this mod since it would actually only be good on Bows. Put it on Supra, Gorgon, Latron, Latron Prime, Braton, HEK, Snipetron, or any other weapon other than the bow and its usefulness as a mod drops. You're better off putting on Elemental or other mods.

You're all arguing over the fact that it's 60% more damage. Which I agree is a lot of damage. However what you fail to see is that it only works on the first bullet in each clip. Which is only useful on bow.

What are you gonna use a gorgon and shoot a bullet, reload, shoot, repeat? Waste of time.

So overall I couldn't care less on this mod.

Though I do agree that DE needs to make better choices in terms of prizes to give out in future events.

If they do things like Vandal weapons I'm fine with that. Simply because we all know they aren't the best weapon out there. They're only good because they're exclusive and is different from their counterpart.