Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hobbled synthesize riven is bad for your health

Handchopper3

So basically I havent used the forum much and my very first post is quite a negative one. I want to apologize at the beginning for those who may feel somewhat offended.

You may enjoy the hunt while I find the riven quest of "synthesize a target without ability/trap with hobbled key on" is annoying.

Ideally you want the player to either : carry the riven mod and run around doing their missions until they run into the target for their riven quest and feel excited about the encounter; or know exactly where the target is, put on their riven and finish the challenge.

The problem I find with this particular riven quest is that it does not fit into either.

Since the synthesize target can be at random spots, meaning you have to go thru a few missions to finally run into one, you must carry with you all the time the riven mod and more annoyingly, the hobbled key.

You cant carry it around and forget you have it and go on your way cuz it's a dragon key, it cripples your speed. you can neither just put it on and get it over with -- like hobbled survival challenge, that was fine, cuz I know where the missions are, and if it says its a survival, its a survival. With synthesize, you rely on chances.

I mean, it's really bad experience. What I end up doing is just jumping into missions that have a chance of spawning the synthesize targets wait and see if symaris pops up, if no, abort and repeat.

That is the most efficient way to complete this quest. some may find it alright. but I believe if a part of the game content is encouraging aborting missions then its broken and needs a fix.

I dont use the forum much and dont know if theres any way to talk to DE about this, I figure this is where we share our thoughts, again, if I am bad mouthing about a part of the game that you actually enjoy and offended you that way, I am really sorry.

Here's some platinum :platinum:

Thanks for reading

You should try getting 5 headshots in a single aim glide, that would suck.

OT: Yes, hobbled is annoying. Find me a player that says otherwise.

On that challenge, all I can recommend is a frame modded for speed and parkour really. Probably pack telos boltace for that extra parkour oomph. Slap in Ice spring to slow down your target. Extra brownie points for coolant leak (albeit minute, every slowing thing helps).

As for the enemy spawns, scanning helps a bit, allowing you to have an idea where they spawn really.

Edited by p3z1
Tips

5 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

OT: Yes, hobbled is annoying. Find me a player that says otherwise.

On that challenge, all I can recommend is a frame modded for speed and parkour really. Probably pack telos boltace for that extra parkour oomph. Slap in Ice spring to slow down your target. Extra brownie points for coolant leak (albeit minute, every slowing thing helps).

It's not even hard, just roll as it only effects run speed.

Try getting hobbled key can't set off alarms and no powers as requirements. Harder but still simple, just grab Ivara with max duration, fill up your energy, cloak, then roll your way through the mission.

Edited by SilvaDreams

5 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Hobbled synthesize without taking damage is total bs, tho

me and a friend had a similar riven, both had to scan, one without taking damage and the other with the key both without abilities. just gone in a node where the target spawned, rushed with ignis, knocked him down, scan, profit

imo the headshots while gliding are worst than this

5 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Hobbled synthesize without taking damage is total bs, tho

use a rhino. Just be a little careful  and avoid exploding barrels as they can strip your skin and fail the mission. As long as iron skin is up you don't take dmg

1 minute ago, Ghogiel said:

use a rhino. Just be a little careful  and avoid exploding barrels as they can strip your skin and fail the mission. As long as iron skin is up you don't take dmg

or do it with a friend that kill while taking the fire

If Cephalon Simarus doesn't send you a transmission during the first 20 seconds of entering a quest, the Target HASN'T spawned. Abort, open a new one. The comments on any Target enemy types Wiki Page will tell you exactly the best place to get them every time.

Hobbled Dragon Key doesn't affect my movement by more than 5-10%, because it ONLY affects SPRINT and WALK speed. Make use of the amazing parkour system provided. 

Take Rhino or Ivara, drop a few energy pads, step into Iron Skin or Prowl before the Riven Challenge appears at the bottom of the screen and it won't fail the mission. Walk around invulnerable until you find it, crowd control it with a Blast, Cold, or Electric status weapon, then scan them. 

Here's an example.

Spoiler

Worth noting I always use Rhino now, it's faster.

As for the multiple headshots in a single aim glide, that's easy too. Here are some examples.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Voidforged

26 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Just use limbo to:

1) Put 5 enemies into cataclysm rift

2) Freeze them with his 2nd ability

3) From within the same cataclysm bubble aim and fire the five shots at the targets

4) Jump and ADS, then toggle off his 2nd ability.

Five instant headshots from a simple standing jump.

Edited by Starfreak911

Another Advice is wait for a daily symmaris Quest with a common enemy. Had a daily with commander I had to scan, didn't spawn in over 20 missions. Canceled the Quest, got corrupted orokin soldier (not sure the name, the small grineer one) and it took me 1 mission.

That one is actually easy. Get Ivara, get some energy pads, get whichever Nikana variant you prefer with Decisive Judgement. Start mission, get full energy, go invis, move with your weapon stance, it doesn't break your invis. Get to your target but don't get too close or it will start sanicing, scan it, done. Simaris can spawn you a target anytime and just start/restart the mission until you get the target.

Edited by Momo93

4 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

never thought of the vents... i'm so stupid :c

I used Loki's disarm on Jupiter Defense.  Kill all the robots and disarm all the big headed corpus.  As they approach the pod, jump from the tall tower and use any hitscan assault rifle to spray over their heads as you glide down.  You are bound to get some heads with this approach.  Repeat until you fulfill the challenge.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I used Loki's disarm on Jupiter Defense.  Kill all the robots and disarm all the big headed corpus.  As they approach the pod, jump from the tall tower and use any hitscan assault rifle to spray over their heads as you glide down.  You are bound to get some heads with this approach.  Repeat until you fulfill the challenge.

not if it's in a single glide

On 7/15/2017 at 11:28 PM, Fiftycentis said:

not if it's in a single glide

If the first glide doesn't work just jump up the tower and glide down again.  Without guns, the corpus will stay in the center meleeing the pod.  It would be easy to spray their big heads with bullets as you glide down.  This is how I got a lot of the head shot aim glide riven challenge.  This is how I help others get theirs.  You should be done before the 5th wave ends.

Don't use Irradiating Disarm... just use Disarm.  This will remove the guns from the corpus and start staying in the middle with their heads close to each other.  I would normally kill all the MOAs before attempting the aim glide as it is best to keep all the ones with big heads close to each other.

Here's a video I captured for a friend about it:

Spoiler

This was during the Ambulas Event, BTW.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH