Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Concept: Assassin (Place Holder Name)

ScoutAA

Before I start, I'd like to let everyone know this game-type concept is a mixture of Capture, Spy, and the new Kingpin system that will come out (hopefully soon). If those are not to your liking I'd reccomend leaving this forum post, but it'd be nice if you read some. Saying that, lets begin with the most important part, the base-concept.

PS: Assassin is the placeholder name cause its the only thing I could think of that relates to this, even though you dont kill  most of the enemies.

What is Assassin? 

Assassin, as stated before, is a mixture of 2 mission types and 1 gameplay narrative that is coming out soon. I obviously got the idea from Shadow of Mordor, but hopefully I can add more twists than slight turns. 

The Lotus will give you a target to goto (with a new UI in the missions tab), there will be a lot of targets to assassinate or to liberate. All targets will have their own health bar (kinda like a Fomorian, a Razorback and the Acololytes) and will have drops that can amount to invasions, but not the same items you would get from said. Their drops will also have to be related to their level, which ill get to in a while.

How to Implement Assassin?

Put it on all planets, higher level ones have a higher chance of having a target.

One Target for One Planet: Common

Two Targets for One Planet: Slightly Uncommon

No Targets for One Planet: Slightly Rare

Three Targets for One Planet: Rare

Their skill level will have nothing to do with the planet they're located on.

There are 15 planets (Not including the Void or the Derelect, but including Lua) so obviously there will be enough assassination targets to go around

How to Assassination Targets Work?

All targets are randomly procedured, like a normal kingpin system would have them so (hopefully they add this in Plains of Eidolon). Targets have their own base of Operations that are very small, around 7 rooms. 

Base of Operations can have different acces routes, ventilation systems is one I like, but one I find would be cool is if we could have some in space. You know, so your ARchwing can sneak around the ship  to get around enemies faster, that would be cool. 

There are also different types of enemy 'classes', all with leveling systems.

Hacker: Mostly Appears as a Corpus Target (Grineer can be Hackers aswell)

Hacker Level 1: Can shut off 1 Warframe ability

Hacker Level 2; Can shut off 1 Warframe ability (2 rarely) and can end incoming transmissions

Hacker Level 3:  Can shut off 2 Warframe ability (3 rarely) and can end incoming transmissions, shuts off Operator mode and can sense you if you are very close, even if invisible

Cosmetics: Robotic limbs and a pitch increaser for their voicelines, or decreaser.

Brute: Mostly Appears as a Grineer Enemy (Corpus can be Brute aswell)

Brute Level 1: Has higher armor than normal

Brute Level 2:  Higher armor, slightly resistant to physical attacks

Brute Level 3: Extremely higher armor, almost completly resistant to physical attack and forces all nearby enemies not to run away but to fight, boosting their damage.

Cosmetics: Larger than normal enemies, most likely has spikes on any part of their body and speak in a deep voice.

Pyro: Appears more as a Grineer, but Corpus are slightly less likely to become one

Pyro Level 1: Uses heat based weapons, slightly resistant to heat

Pyro Level 2: Uses heat based weapons, more resistant to heat, faster, a well sized array of fire-based attacks

Pyro Level 3: Uses weapons with much more heat and critical chance applied to them, extremly resistant to head, faster,  large away from fire-based attack, melee attacks inflicted on target have a fairly high chance of inficting heat on the attacking Warframe.

Cosmetics: Completly Dark or FIre Red pupils, charred skin, wears a jetpack (which doesnt work, it just shoots out heat which also does nothing), and speaks in a charred voice (like the Red Veil operative)

For now, this is all ive come up with for 'classes', if you have any ideas tell me and ill add them here, targets can also have mixed classes. They can have different levels for each class, having a level 3 on something and a level 2 (or another 3) is very rare and unlikely. Some abilities can be randomly tooken out

Enemies will also have their own traits and passive abilties

Honor Bound: Never Flees

Pure Strength: Higher Physical Damage

Fearful: Seeing multiple Warframes will make them keep their distance, but will be most unlikely to run away from said Warframes, other things can scare them. Fire weapons, heat, cold, kubrows, etc.

Lazy: After Fighting for a while, targets can become tired, they move slowler, have slightly weaker attacks, reaction timing is slow, take way more damage, and cannot tell other enemies what to do.

Athletic: More speed, and higher melee attacks

Resistant: More resistant to any attacks but not all, can be applied to already resistant abilities on enemies, if applied on a level 3 enemy they will be completly resistant to whatever elemental or physical damage says so.

Tactical: Puts enemies around them in specific formations

Secretive: Targets do not like to be shown, so they like to hide in specific rooms, if they are alerted that you are in their base they will hide under tables untill you arrive, or move to another room

Some enemies have items that they can use to help them better.

Comm: Calls more enemies to their defense, never uses if Tenno is not spotted or if in close combat with them

Control Pad: A portable control pad that can lock doors, sound alarms, or activate turrents. Works the same as the comm

Rollers, Ratels, Ospreys: what do you think...

Target Bodyguards: Bodyguards of your assassination target

Snipers: if a Target is extremely defensive (which could be added as a characteristic) they will have a lot of snipers in their base of operations which have their own pillars mounted around their base.

Manics: If a target is secretive, they will most likely have manics hidden around them, just to strike you when ready.

Bombards: Most brute enemies will have Bombards to nearly match their strength, each bombard has different way of going about things

Robotics: Some targets who are fearful (but not ones who are scared of electricity) will only use robotics, because they can only believe the things they can shutoff.

Thats all I have now, I will mostlikely return to this forum post to improve on this, unlike my other ones. Remember to give me and ideas for this concept, hopefully DE takes this into consideration