Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Suda as a Cephalopod

PopGligor

I was reading on old words, and it turns out Cephalon is a real word whose root is in the old Greek word 'kefal', which is also the root for Cephalopod, so I drew Suda as if she had tentacles on her head (that's what cephalopod means), but then I had to give her tentacles instead of legs. So this is what came out. Gold in her dress ecause as a cephalon obsessed with the Orokin, she must have lived with them. 

pop-gligor-cephalon-suda.jpg

22 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

I did it but... aren't the Orokin the only ones who can make a cephalon? 

Theory: Creation of a Cephalon. 

Supporting information: Cephalon Fragments, Octavia's Anthem comic, Ordis and/or Suda dialogue.

Spoiler

The creation of a Cephalon (detailed in the Cephalon Fragments when listened to in order) involves a non-Orokin -possibly- drinking Kuva (or a different, but visually similar, fluid, but this may be exclusive to one instance) which allows the Orokin to mold them as desired.
That was only the first step. The second one, they tear down the person until an abstract shape remains - in a similar way as to how you can digitize someone in TRON, or Compose someone with a Composer in Halo. The rest of the process is unknown.

In short: Cephalons were humans or any sentient life converted into -supposedly- digital manifestations of their conscious. I'm not sure if Orokin could undergo the process, and if they could, they would've done so already, unless there were other drawbacks they didn't like from it.

Suda was having problems storing knowledge, and asked if she could be made a Cephalon to prevent the memory loss from destroying her memories.

That's why she craves knowledge as of now, and... music?

This isn't Suda when she was alive, obviously. It's a play on words, it's Suda now. As if she was made into a sea animal instead of a cephalon.

Cephalon by the way is the head of a trilobite. The word's meaning then is the head of something ancient that no longer exists. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, but considering what the cephalons are turning out to be, it is just the perfect fit for them.

Spoiler
On 7/17/2017 at 5:39 PM, _firewings_ said:

Cephalon is a robot, it has no gender, it must be some kind of energy being.

This is false. We have both the Octavia's Anthem webcomic ('What Remains') showcasing human Suda, and the Cephalon Fragments explaining Ordis's past that prove Cephalons are not artificial life. They're beings who were once (seemingly) human, but turned into enslaved conscioussnesses.

12f9fcf685fb772ac7fa291ffec3eb7d.png

https://www.warframe.com/octavias-anthem

That aside, this is perfect, OP. Surprisingly the first artwork I've seen making a reference to cephalopods (I may have just not been browsing this subforum enough the past few years).

Edited by LazerSkink

I personally think it was a deliberate choice of words. DE is nothing if not a group of nerds who do their homework. Gersemi, after all means "treasure" and comes from the old Norse language. It follows the Nordic naming scheme that Valkyr follows. To further support my argument that it was deliberate, look at the model of the Liset. It's shaped like a squid or cuttlefish...two cephalopods. And where does Ordis live? ;)