Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The limbo theorem quest needs a major rework

(XBOX)creeper1242

I've been finding myself going through a excavation mission that is just too difficult to complete on my own since the enemies spawn in too greater numbers to keep up with, and their levels are too high to fight. I try to publicly find people to help me but I get no luck. And I also simply have no friends to help me or play with me in general. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)creeper1242 said:

I've been finding myself going through a excavation mission that is just too difficult to complete on my own since the enemies spawn in too greater numbers to keep up with, and their levels are too high to fight. I try to publicly find people to help me but I get no luck. And I also simply have no friends to help me or play with me in general. 

You could try the Warframe Discord. Their community is okay and they have a LFG channel for X1, PS4, and PC.

Make sure you have your region set right. I'm pretty sure the reason you aren't connecting is something on your end, because everyone plays excavation.

Just now, JSharpie said:

You could try the Warframe Discord. Their community is okay and they have a LFG channel for X1, PS4, and PC.

Make sure you have your region set right. I'm pretty sure the reason you aren't connecting is something on your end, because everyone plays excavation.

the quest node is different than a normal node.  Using public matchmaking won't work there as only others playing that specific  quest mission would be able to connect. 

You could put a request into players helping players for help with the mission. 

I'd argue the game mode Excavation needs a rework more than the quest. The main issue with Excavation is that it's completely unfriendly to solo players due to the Excavators not having any kind of health scaling meaning that in high levels, unless you're using a properly modded Frost or Limbo, it's near impossible to play solo; not to mention that the spawning of power carriers are governed by RNG meaning that if you have bad luck, a power carrier will almost never spawn. I don't think the quest itself is bad from a technical perspective, it may not be the best side quest in the game but the problems you're having with it is more of Excavation mode being too difficult to play solo than the quest itself.

As the others have pointed out, try recruitment chat. It should help you get the people you need to complete this section of the quest.

Edited by IronWolfKnight

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

Alright I'll see what I can do 

Keep asking in the recruiting chat, I assure you many players are happy to help most of the time.

That being said, many problems arise in this quest :

• The excavation doesn't reward you anything when you don't get the Limbo part you're looking for ! (Lotus says "Look what we found" but there's nothing)
  • The quest is delivered too early for a warframe as unique as Limbo
  • The archwing and excavation parts are too hard. Keep in mind that quests are mostly played by lone Tennos after the first weeks.