Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trinity Warframe is too Slow

Vadriel

It's also fun to join a game hosted by a fast frame, who rushes ahead, gets killed, and then you can't catch up in time to revive him. Then he ragequits and the whole match gets dumped back into the lobby.

lol sounds annoying but strange, are you sure it didn't just "host migrate" instead of ending the game completely?

I like the idea of Trinity being bit slower than the sword wielding fury of the others. The practical side of it isn't so great though. In many runs are people in a hurry; they play a single-player game where more people is a benefit but also an annoyance, they don't have time. I don't think we can escape such attitudes, now in the beta or later.

Trinity need to be in range to use the blessing, preferably with some time and flexibility to catch as many team members as possible. In the fast running teams is it quite hard to do that (and they got themselves to thank for the poor performance, don't get me wrong).

Trinity is bit clonky, a slow, but powerful character, slightly...inactive (perhaps not the right word) because it is slow, thus need energy for most things fun, can be bit out of action and not really shine in her role other than defending missions and boss fights.

Aka bit boring.

If I could have chosen would I have liked more abilities, but I guess that is unpractical for the console controllers, right? Though I think it should be considered, perhaps that you equip powers, just like you equip gear, weapons and helmets.

Brainstorming:

-Melee weapon that stuns/holds (not swinging but so called "channeled" in mmorpg terms)

-Main weapon (where shotgun/assult rifles go) that is a grappling, or jumping tool to speed up things (including creating a charged melee attack when you crash into any enemies).

You got the power, everything is possible.

If I could have chosen would I have liked more abilities, but I guess that is unpractical for the console controllers, right? Though I think it should be considered, perhaps that you equip powers, just like you equip gear, weapons and helmets.

Brainstorming:

-Melee weapon that stuns/holds (not swinging but so called "channeled" in mmorpg terms)

-Main weapon (where shotgun/assult rifles go) that is a grappling, or jumping tool to speed up things (including creating a charged melee attack when you crash into any enemies).

You got the power, everything is possible.

You made some good points on Trinity but I don't think it justifies why should it be slow at all. Other than her "buttguard" that is :P

I'm loving the idea of having lots of alternatives for powers and being able to equip them as we like, then maybe even the new messy skilltree wouldn't be necessary. Can't say I agree on changing the whole trinity warframe into a pure "caster" though, instead of "just another warframe" with healing powers. Replacing the main weapon is a huge sacrifice and I don't think it makes a lot of sense to change Trinity's melee into a more passive supportive kind of thing either. Although I don't see the harm in implementing any of these as long as they're optional, I'd hate to get my warframe limited to such extent.

You made some good points on Trinity but I don't think it justifies why should it be slow at all. Other than her "buttguard" that is :P

I'm loving the idea of having lots of alternatives for powers and being able to equip them as we like, then maybe even the new messy skilltree wouldn't be necessary. Can't say I agree on changing the whole trinity warframe into a pure "caster" though, instead of "just another warframe" with healing powers. Replacing the main weapon is a huge sacrifice and I don't think it makes a lot of sense to change Trinity's melee into a more passive supportive kind of thing either. Although I don't see the harm in implementing any of these as long as they're optional, I'd hate to get my warframe limited to such extent.

Yes, I absolutely mean it as optional, like the choice in other weapons, or helmets. And yes, I did also mean that the idea of Trinity being slow is better than the practical results since it more eliminates Trinity's purpose than balances it.

Upon further gameplay, Trinity is much more playable late-game with sprint mods.

But everything gets good with good mods. Good things become even better though.

I still main trinity and shes working pretty good for me.

Then i encountered a loki with sprint mods and a heat sword who literally just ran through everything killing it in passing like he had slash dash or something, then went up to a boss, invised, and killed it before i even got there.

He wasnt even skipping things, he was just killing it all.

And this wasnt a low level planet, it was on eris.

Personally I feel RHino being Slow makes sense but has a backside. He's the brute oof your team, brutes don't just run around at lightining speed. Brute in tech armor especially don't move that fast. However his namesake would implay that he's both powerful and capable of "reaching" greater speed, as a Rhino does. So I think he should be slow but if the particular RHino player runs for a prolonging period then Rhinos speed starts to build up. Somewhat of a locomotive. speeking of which, Rhino should all have a few more emphasis on his large stature. I bbelieve that one aesthetic change should be that he actually stomps when he walks and runs and that audible sound emits from his running speed increase like a train gaining speed. to that however, if you're stealthing then his sound sound alert enemies. secondly, Get rid of Rhino's "slash dash" replica. his charge is too simular to slash dash. He should actual be running when doing his charge with the audible speed build sound increasing to really put that emphasis that someone is about to be hit with the force of 2 megabuses. Excalibur can have ninja slash, but let rhino have something of a brute's rampage that can be navigated and manuvuered slighty while doing so. A "Rhino Rampage" sort of.

Trinity needs speed to keep up with people to heal. I don't know about the not getting any kills part since being the support of the group your sole priority is keeping people alive rather than wasting enemies. so first and foremost your mindset should be support not fighting. fighting come with the job yeah, but you're not some frontlines medic who's a lose cannon on the edge, know your role. =) And mostly likely it's her abdomen that slows her and she's wearing heals. I'm sure it would be hard to run in that. But she does need some speed to keep standard speed with the team. just my opinion.

There is really no mechanic in game for trinity to keep people alive. She can link and revive in the middle of a swarm of chargers, and she can top off peoples health after toxic ancients. But trinity is more of a tank whos presence kind of makes the group more stable than some sort of support-caster.

I feel the same way about the rhino. Most days if I manage 15% kills in a group of 4 I'm practically estatic because I've done amazingly. I just finished ranking up my rhino frame 2 games ago (Just finished seting up my shiny rank 30 mods) but I havent any rank 30 sprint speed mods. I was gonna try trinity next... but by the looks of this topic my newly finished trinity will have to wait.

Trinity - Mag and Ember all need movement speed increases in my opinon.

I'm interested to hear what others think about this, and I understand the arguement made for trying to slow down the general game-pace, but It honeslty feels like I'm trying to run through treacle.

I'm all for us moving away from the stereotype of feminine characters being spead freaks, but at least give us a boost in health and sheilds please - a reason to explain why characters that can RUN ALONG WALLS, preform blackflips, and slide for METERS, can't do more than a slow motion jog.

I fully expect the dev's are well aware of this and on their way to tweaking it - but it has been ruining my gameplay of late. Apologies for the ragey post.

Edited by 11.11.11

1. Join game as Trinity, in this case Naeglar boss run.

2. Get left behind in the dust as everyone else speeds to the boss leaving all the mobs on the way just for me.

3. Take forever to cut through since Link can only do so much and I can't sprint away.

4. Have absolutely no presence or purpose in the team as the game ends or I abort because I'm just playing a solo kill-them-all mission.

Alternatively:

1. Join game as Trinity.

2. Get left behind in the dust as everyone else speeds to the objective and then extraction point, killing everything on the way.

3. Slow-sprint from start to finish without killing anything and looting the occasional spoils left behind.

4. Have absolutely no presence or purpose in the team as the game ends or I abort because I'm just playing a solo run-from-start-to-finish-doing-nothing mission.

To be fair the fault here lies in my teammates not waiting for me, but on the other hand I have witnessed first hand that, outside of defense missions, slow frames are pointless to have on the team unless everyone slows down. Why should I play Trinity when most folks obviously have no need for her support skills and I'll have no purpose in the team anyway unless everyone else is generous enough to wait for me? For a game about players cooperating, slow frames do nothing but discourage co-op play.

The good thing is, I got to level my mag up a lot, once I abandoned my trinity at 25 due to the speed issue.

The bad thing is, the speed issue.

Seems the devs like trinity at this speed, or don't think the issue is pressing enough to devote some time to adjust.

• 1 month later...

In getting Loki to max level then switching to Mag I found her speed to be extremely lacking. Through some research I found out that I was playing one of the fastest warframes. Getting use to a certain speed can make ones who are a bit slower seem really slow.

The speed of warframes doesn't matter as much as a team working as a TEAM! If people run past the tank and/or the support and fall in battle it is well within their decision to not revive that person. 9 out of 10 they will still revive them but needlessly getting in over your head just because they wanted to do things quicker.

If a team can only move as fast as the slowest warframe but move through safely then what's wrong with slowing down a bit. Heck, you may find more items along the way.

If the developers feel they need to change the speeds of rhino and Trinity I will stand by their decisions.

In getting Loki to max level then switching to Mag I found her speed to be extremely lacking. Through some research I found out that I was playing one of the fastest warframes. Getting use to a certain speed can make ones who are a bit slower seem really slow.

Mag? Really? She used to be my main and I always thought her speed was quite okay. Do you think maybe it felt slow to you because they've added some passive bonuses including +speed considering Loki is already one of the fastest warframes out there?

I mean I'm using an almost max level Banshee with only %20 Rush mod and damn it's disturbingly faster than it was a couple of months ago. Just try and level up your Mag and she should get faster in no time I think. This is only speculation though, haven't been following patch notes lately, but the sudden health/shield/speed bonuses I got made me believe they've finally added passives.

Edited by CapricaSix