Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.5

[DE]Rebecca

I thought the Lancer elite enemies were only supposed to appear in nightmare mode, but it seems to have completely replaced the regular Lancers. What gives?

Lancer elites replace lancers at level 20+ according to live stream.

About the Elite Lancers: I don't think it's about how much HP and such they had. It's more about how ridiculous their damage output was in a mere in lvl 40 and above. Since they all have pretty much 99% accuracy, dodging the hits wasn't easy feat., and even less when there's 10 of them in a defense mission coming to you at once, along with 3 napalms. It felt that you needed to have a maxed Redirection if you have a squishy frame or something.

Personally, running with my Trinity, Vauban or Ember, I don't have too much problems dealing with them, but some of the people I play with, who are slightly less experienced, can have much trouble. Since the planet scales VERY fast, along with Elite Lancers replacing regular ones in lvl 20~, it was a bit too brutal.

That being said, I hope they didn't make them "easier to kill", but rather reduced their damage output by a tad bit. Just a tad. I think they did mention it was about the damage they dealt in the Livestream. Woopsie.

Edited by Casardis

I thought the Lancer elite enemies were only supposed to appear in nightmare mode, but it seems to have completely replaced the regular Lancers. What gives?

It completely replaces them in the lvl 20-30 and above I think, and since Nightmare is usually AT LEAST those levels, well yeah.

Elite Grineer Lancers made me utilize cover much more than any other enemy type. Their burst rifles did some serious damage, but I feel like it was appropriate for the later levels where I was having my warframe handed to me in several pieces.

Can't enter the dojo now, will freeze at "Please wait.." and then will continuously try and reconnect to a host that isn't there. "Connection to host has been lost, you will now return to the multiplayer menu." Except it doesn't return me. It keeps trying and failing. Really annoying.

Elite Lancers WERE tough for people who don't have powerful gear.

Remember - not everyone uses tanky warframes/have high level mods that mitigate damage. This was a good fix. If you want tough, stick to the high level planets/nightmares and voids. Let the new players and ones who aren't decked out enjoy the game.

The Elite Lancers appear at level 20 and up missions or in Nightmare mode.

At 20 you should have a decent setup.