The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So we're about halfway to Hydroid Prime. Where's your hype level at?

Mine?  Zero, very blasé.

Arguably one of the least used frames.  (I'm so glad his rework is in progress.) 

Two weapons I have no interest in and a prime armor set I won't be buying either.

Can't wait for Zephyr Prime in November!  Oh wait.... :sad:  But enough of my griping.  Where's your hype level at, tenno?

I like his #1 for solo grineer stuff. The augment makes it do something aside from knockdown spamming them till they go to sleep out of boredom. 

Other than that, not at all. He just doesn't have anything interesting about him. His CC is easily countered and his #4 may have more powerful CC, but it's almost useless. It also just makes things harder to kill, flopping around on those wet noodles of doom... 

Edited by RafaelFuchs

I like Hydroid, I just don't like that puddle mode is mostly useless and I just don't like that tidal wave power of his at all... With the way I built Hydroid, it's utterly useless because it goes about 3 feet and fizzles out. So hoping the rework gets rid of it entirely and makes the puddle actually do something more than be an temporary attack dodge.

But to be totally honest, I'm more excited that he's the best looking and least ridiculous looking Prime in a long time. Lot of the Prime frame ideas they've been spitting out lately have been questionable... Like Oberon Prime. What is with the Chess Goat theme when he's supposed to be the lord of the forest?? He's not lord of the intellectual elite. Valkyr Prime's head is way too top heavy and makes her look like she's got big head mode active.

Edited by Ceryk

12 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Care-o-meter_s.jpg

No hype until I see his rework. 

came here to post exactly this. i used him a little bit when he came out and never touched him since, hes just not a fun frame to play currently

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

Now that I think about it, not even his weapons interest  me. I don't particularly like dual swords, mostly because of the stances, and Rakta Ballistica dissapointed me so I doubt the prime will be so much better. His armor set is cool tho, I give it that. 

Fashionframe... more than hydroid

Actual frame... not so much but that may change once we know what the rework entails

Plains of Eidolon... was hyped during tennocon now it's just looking forward to it because when you think about it it's basically another map, with new mechanics and new enemies admittedly, and stuff to farm for... which isn't a bad thing because we've needed new content for a while :)

I'm usually hyped for the Prime Accessories and don't care much about the frames. However, that armour set and Sugatra look just so.....plain. For me, the Targis and the Edo Armor sets are the top ones and DE don't seem to be offering much competition against either of them with these bland armour sets they bring out. If that armour has some sort of special effect like the aforementioned armour sets, then my care-o-metre might rise to 0.1%. 

Till then, Umbra and Eidolon have legal rights to my hype.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

Don't care that I'm in the minority... 

Hydroid main since U13 and my hype level is so high I think I might have actually died and come back to life...  and my hype  still 12 out of 10.

I know they will rework him so that "you people" (j/k) will use him... but I've wrecked the game (yes, I'm MR23.999, chill) with him with no problems. MOT with him, no problems. Sortie, Events, etc.. no problems.  I love him the way he is.

My only concern is that they will change him so much for "you people" (again, j/k) that he won't be recognizable to me anymore -- so.. my 12/10 hype might actually end up breaking my heart. 

I mean.. If I had a heart, that is.

Edited by (PS4)Nujintuai

As I've already said, I dislike the long skirts of his armour. I like the rest of the design, though, and I already know how I'll color and accessorize. Maybe the skirts will grow on me.

I like Hydroid as a 'frame, too, it's just that I always find him just too squishy. Hopefully the Prime will buff his armour, and his abilities will be buffed with a rework.

I don't like the Prime accessories coming with him, the armour looks like it's made of hooks designed to catch on the terrain so I'd find it annoying. I don't like the ballistica, but the Nami Skyla Prime looks pretty cool.

(That's gonna be: using the Ketos helmet, for the sea monster look, with colours of deep blue and navy blue, and lighter tones of ivory/cream, to look like a maritime creature, and metallic bits in silver rather than gold. Wearing the Prisma Edo armour, set to similar deep tones, to look like someone forced this sea monster to wear traditional armour, and using the full War sword, as it's a good weapon but also Sentient aesthetics blend well with the sea monster theme. Use the Tempo Royale stance for it, cos the ground slams from that stance are good for proccing his passive tentacle spawns.

Where's your sea monster onna leash in samurai armour, peasants? Look at this giant crustacean greatsword. Look at it.)

Conclusion: yeah, I like it, I guess, but I'll extract it from Relics, not buy it.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I like Hydroid. His Prime Variant is styled just like Oberon Prime... Bland. 

However I use Hydroid for 2 important reasons:

1: max range/efficiency to lock down interception missions

2: pilfer Hydroid to get resources out the wazoo

Also a fun 3rd reason: with max range the tidal wave will go clear across the tile on moon tiles in like 1.3 seconds flat. It's absolutely astounding how fast it is. Racing to extraction? You will win by a mile even against a Loki or Nezha.