Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So we're about halfway to Hydroid Prime. Where's your hype level at?

I'm a certified member of the Hydroid 4 Life club. Love him, particularly for melee shenanigans. Run around mashing everything in sight with the Jat Kittag and drop into a puddle as necessary to regain shields plus knock down surrounding enemies. Then there's pilfer swarm's obvious utility. His 2 is good for getting out of suboptimal situations and crashing through laser barriers. His 1 I don't use much. So yeah, very excited about Hydroid Prime.

And his 3 is the closest you're gonna get to a Wonder Twin power. "Form of, a puddle of water!"

(Showing my age with that reference...)

I like Hydroid, and am looking forward to Hydroid Prime. His 1's pretty great, especially with its augment (just gotta remember it's artillery, either lay it down before enemies enter the attack zone or after you've knocked them down rather than expecting it save you the moment it casts). His 2 is phenomenal both as an initiate and an escape (fast, ragdolls so Ancient auras don't protect from the CC effect, invincible almost immediately upon cast). His 3... has uses, but could have better synergy with his other powers (break out of it with 2, cast 1 on puddle while puddled, cast 4 to raise out of puddle and have all tentacles grab enemies in puddle and then leftovers spawn within puddle bounds, still the power is channeled invulnerability with a knockdown component). His 4 is pretty decent for slowing down incoming spawns, but you need to keep an eye on the when/where of casting it, and remember it won't stop everything from passing through (the tentacle swipes can still be fairly unreliable in affecting targets they strike IME).

Do kinda wish there was significant reason to build power strength from time to time, but as a bonus, his CC doens't care in the slightest what level an enemy possesses.

I was planning to get Hydroid eventually.  The regular version is just so ugly to me that I never rushed to get him.  Now the Prime version is a different story.  I like the way Hydroid Prime looks very much and will more than likely get him for Fashion Frame alone.  

I am actually a bit hyped for Hydroid Prime.

Having seen how good a job they did with Oberon Prime, I am hopeful they can work some magic on Hydroid to expand his role and abilities.

Not really that hyped about the rest of it tbh... Looks nifty, but getting hyped about it will ruin it before it launches.

Not sure why I'm even in this thread, I must just be that bored.  But to answer the question:  Not high, I rarely feel much hype for anything.  It would be nice if the Prime ascension includes a powers rework though.  His current powers are thematic, but honestly range from "novelty" to "sort of pointless."  In a game where most players are all about about bouncing around the map like air molecules with rocket launchers, his signature power is... that he can turn into a puddle.  And sit there.  It's not really even a good crowd control power, because the AI will "see" the ones that have already fallen in and won't try to move past them once the edge is all filled up.  And the damage is so low that it takes ages for the enemy to drown.  And his next most visible power randomly summons a bunch of tentacles in random places to randomly flop around.  *IF* they happen to touch an enemy they might actually accomplish something, but mostly it's just weird.

poc = 30%

hydroid = 20%

umbra = 50%

^ thats my hype if hypes tells me all this update is lies then tennocon is lies of my hopes and dream (maybe im dreaming in dream world)

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Ceryk said:

I would have agreed with you initially, but then I actually got him and realized he has 6 horns. Never seen a bovine with more than 2 horns, so I'm having trouble with the whole Cowberon thing. There are, however, multi-horned goats. Including goats that have horns that 2 horns sticking straight up like that with other curved horns on the side.

Have you ever seen an antelope species that naturally comes with four horizontally-aligned horns? Because Oberon has that too. Hell, have you seen the helmet named after a spiral-horned goat that has deer-like horns? They're not anatomically correct to any actual species, just often resembling ones.  Heck, maybe it's a bit of both. But generally sheep and goats have horns that curve to the outside or are straight, while an upwards curve is common in taurus varieties.

24 minutes ago, Yawyna124 said:

Have you ever seen an antelope species that naturally comes with four horizontally-aligned horns? Because Oberon has that too. Hell, have you seen the helmet named after a spiral-horned goat that has deer-like horns? They're not anatomically correct to any actual species, just often resembling ones.  Heck, maybe it's a bit of both. But generally sheep and goats have horns that curve to the outside or are straight, while an upwards curve is common in taurus varieties.

I'm sorry... let me make sure here... Are you're citing absolute real world anatomical correctness as an issue in a game about teenagers remote controlling biomechanical war machines via magic powers given to them by exposure to an extradimensional energy?

And, by the way, here's what ever type of goat or sheep the Oberon Prime helmet is probably based on. Not to mention that with some of these species, they don't always have the same exact horn growth from animal to animal, so your claim of anatomical correctness is kind of flimsy even before you start getting into artistic license. Though I will admit, if you are going to name the helmet after something that is a real world animal (like the Oryx and Markhor helmets) you shouldn't take the artistic license to the point of being unrecognizable.

d8e36037a9b8c8d2f016875e14bdb8cf.jpg

Edited by Ceryk

Alright chaps, let me perform a slight nekros for a righteous reason: admitting that I am hella wrong.

I just got around to playing with Harrow, and I enjoy his aesthetics several times more than I expected that I would. Therefore, seeing as my main aesthetic objection to Hydroid Primness was the skirts of his armour, that's that objection removed.

I am now hype as heck. Just, give him some kind of mad survivability buff so that he can feel appropriately tanky and not get oneshot all the time and I'll be through the frigging roof.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:47 AM, Nurmetya said:

Pretty much the same. The puddle pirate needs more then just a puddle, worse Nekros and bad tentacle jokes.

One of my configs for a build for him is Spam 4 for henti. 

Hydroid needs his rework. I don't have any excitement for his prime right now. Only hyped for PoE. That's it. 

I kinda like the prime Armour, but meh

I'm more hyped about his rework rather than his Prime version. (I mean I'll still get it even if he still sucks, because #fashion)

I love pirates. I love water based characters. I don't love the fact Warframe's water based character sucks.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:40 AM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Mine?  Zero, very blasé.

Arguably one of the least used frames.  (I'm so glad his rework is in progress.) 

Two weapons I have no interest in and a prime armor set I won't be buying either.

Can't wait for Zephyr Prime in November!  Oh wait.... :sad:  But enough of my griping.  Where's your hype level at, tenno?

not hyped until i get to see the rework. Hopefully they show it tomorrow. and Zephyr prime? HOPEFULLY they make her a powerhouse like she should be. cant wait for her. she'll get really nice and probably niche weapons like maybe attica or daikyu or castanas.. hopefully something bizarre but worth it if they give it good stats..

14 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

not hyped until i get to see the rework. Hopefully they show it tomorrow. and Zephyr prime? HOPEFULLY they make her a powerhouse like she should be. cant wait for her. she'll get really nice and probably niche weapons like maybe attica or daikyu or castanas.. hopefully something bizarre but worth it if they give it good stats..

As far as Hydroid's rework, I'm hoping [DE]Scott and [DE]Pablo have something to show us during the next couple devstreams.

But yeah, his rework will make or break how well his prime access sells.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG