Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Focus Weapons" Feedback before its actually in game

Kaotyke

Well, I'm not sure if its set in stone or not, but I will say here what I think of the "Focus weapons" talked in Tennocon.

In resume: I dont like them.

In actual text:

The concept of using those "guns" will changing or overcharging the Void Beam doesnt... appeal to me. To me, the form we use those powers as the Operator should be an innate ability we have. making it something of costumizeable ability.

To make it simpler I can compare that to Mods and Skills Trees.

You could make an Skill Tree that works just like the Modding System, as in: We have the precepts of a Skill Tree, however, we have a limited amount of "Mod Points" like our own weapons and like Mods, we can activade and deactivade special propeties of ours powers before a mission and like a Skill Tree, some abilities further into the branches cant be used unless the one previous to it is.

Make it for all abilities the Operator has, not just the Void Beam.

And I hope we get 1, 2, 3, 4 Powers for the Operator as well depending on the Focus School we are using.

47 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The concept of using those "guns" will changing or overcharging the Void Beam doesnt... appeal to me. To me, the form we use those powers as the Operator should be an innate ability we have. making it something of costumizeable ability.

I don't think that is what they really are. They are more like a lens. It is like sunlight and a magnifying glass. Sure, sunlight is quite warm and has the capability of burning things, but when you feed that sunlight through a magnifying glass it becomes focused (heh) into something much more powerful. The lens did not add power or change the power of the sunlight, all it did was concentrate it into a new form. 

I too would like a further fleshing out of the Focus system and have new ability augmentations, but having a "gun" that can alter the manifestation of our Void beam sounds like an interesting system to me (especially if the customization of the weapon has meaningful depth to it).

27 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Because we should want to run around as an unarmored little girl?

I can play Little Nightmares if I want to feel helpless.

*Wonders what this has to do with what I wrote*

Hmm.... sure, go do your thing. Its a great game.

32 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I don't think that is what they really are. They are more like a lens. It is like sunlight and a magnifying glass. Sure, sunlight is quite warm and has the capability of burning things, but when you feed that sunlight through a magnifying glass it becomes focused (heh) into something much more powerful. The lens did not add power or change the power of the sunlight, all it did was concentrate it into a new form. 

I too would like a further fleshing out of the Focus system and have new ability augmentations, but having a "gun" that can alter the manifestation of our Void beam sounds like an interesting system to me (especially if the customization of the weapon has meaningful depth to it).

Well, I feel like having it as a dynamic skill system would make it feel more natural to the Operators, this came mostly after I did the MR24 test with "Your fragile Tenno body is one of the most powerful forces in the known universe", ignoring the contradiction, I would feel like we should be mastering this power instead of having to rely in a (prepare for puns) Focusing lens that lets us focus our power into a focused beam while we focus on the specific things this focus will do. That is why I wish DE would make it the focus of their changes of making the Operator more battle focused.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Well, I feel like having it as a dynamic skill system would make it feel more natural to the Operators, this came mostly after I did the MR24 test with "Your fragile Tenno body is one of the most powerful forces in the known universe", ignoring the contradiction, I would feel like we should be mastering this power instead of having to rely in a (prepare for puns) Focusing lens that lets us focus our power into a focused beam while we focus on the specific things this focus will do. That is why I wish DE would make it the focus of their changes of making the Operator more battle focused.

Again, I agree with the dynamic skill system, but I also feel that the interaction between space magic and technology could be a very interesting route to explore. 

Don't forget that Operators still have Void Blast, Void Dash and Void Mode. Each of these I would love to see further customization through Focus (Void Blast may be affected by guns, not sure) and there may even be room for adding new abilities to the Operator through Focus along with enhancing what we already have. 

I really doubt DE is giving up on customization through Focus to only pursue mechanical augmentation.