Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem

(PSN)Basic_Impulse

Clean up the edges so they are smooth. You might think that it won't be noticible, but it will be.

I recomend using autocad to make really nice lines.

And if you will upload a full white emblem it might end up too bright once in the game. Lower the brightness a little.

Otherwise it looks really cool.

Maybe elaborate on exactly what you mean by "fixing up"?  

There are a couple of easy Photoshop tricks, like adding an outline, a glow, or a shadow.  But for anything more substantial you'll probably want to import it into a Vector drawing program, like Inkscape.

You mention it looking pixelated in-game, i figure it because you resized it before uploading.

If thats the case my recommendation is work on it in the size it needs to be (I believe its  128x128 ) with no resizing afterward.

You could also work on it in vector format and convert to raster afterward like.

18 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

There are a couple of easy Photoshop tricks, like adding an outline, a glow, or a shadow.  But for anything more substantial you'll probably want to import it into a Vector drawing program, like Inkscape.

5 minutes ago, Keiiken said:

You mention it looking pixelated in-game, i figure it because you resized it before uploading.

If thats the case my recommendation is work on it in the size it needs to be (I believe its  128x128 ) with no resizing afterward.

Unless you're going for a pixel-art look, always work in a higher resolution and resize at the end.

Without seeing a screenshot, I can only guess at what is meant by "pixellated".  Resizing without interpolation/resampling would do it, but that would be obvious without having to see it in game.  Even resized properly, if you look closely enough at any image then you're going to see pixels.  

The being said, the emblem contains a lot of thin lines and small details.  Resized to 128x128, the center line is only about two pixels wide towards the bottom.  I usually try to stay away from having lines that thin be a central part of the design.

I actually don't have any vector tools, I was either going to look for a free download (although using a mac I'm very limited to what programs I can use) or buy adobe illustrator cause that has a good vector tool

Someone was very kind and cleaned up my lines for me though! I'll be switching to that once I get the chance

Switching the image to png is the biggest challenge I'm having so far, photoshop is being really frustrating, I can make it a jpg, but the ong option isn't there, switching it to png after the fact doesn't do it for some reason

Never should have gotten a mac lmao

And you guys are too kind, thanks so much for all the tips and fixes