Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion needs some love.

enfo13

The Glaxion, when compared to its sister weapons of different elements: the Amprex and Ignis, feels underwhelming and weak. 

For example, it has half the damage of a Ignis, but twice the fire rate, making it eat ammo inefficiently But Ignis and Amprex have some built in multi-target capabilities, making them superior in their damage projection in every way compared to the Glaxion.

How could the Glaxion be made more fun?

One idea would make it auto aim to a very small degree-- sort of like a Mesa Peacemaker when the field of vision for the reticle is very small and narrow. This is because when you fire the beam, it sort of wiggles around and curves.. I almost feel like this wiggle should snake or latch onto a target. 

It also wouldn't hurt to have a range boost in order to make up for the fact that it is single target, and not aoe or chain like Ignis and Amprex. 

Rivens might make less popular weapons more viable, but even with a great Riven it just feels too inefficient.

2 hours ago, CelsiusPrime said:

Community: DE the Galxion has a problem with ammo consumption

DE: ok we'll fix that

Community: you can't just increase the ammo capacity to triple the average rifle amount. that's not how that works

DE: fight us

You got that wrong but let me fix that for you:

Community: DE, please buff the Glaxion and make it not go dry after 3 heavies!

DE: Alright, on it! *patch notes of U20 comes in* 

On 24.3.2017 at 8:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Glaxion

The Ice Beam weapon: the Glaxion. Probably one of the most exciting weapons to imagine in combat, yet it has received a cold reception.

• Cold Damage has increased to 333 from 250.
  • The rate at which ammo is consumed has been decreased.
  • Increased the Accuracy of the Glaxion.
  • Reduced the range from 30 meters to 24 meters.

*bolded part never actually happened which is the most important part* also a range nerf for a reason that nobody knows

Community: Hey DE, where is the promised ammo consumption buff?

DE: 140044286_5c4552af8e_edit2-1400x788.jpg

Edited by IceColdHawk

5 hours ago, enfo13 said:

The Glaxion, when compared to its sister weapons of different elements: the Amprex and Ignis, feels underwhelming and weak. 

For example, it has half the damage of a Ignis, but twice the fire rate, making it eat ammo inefficiently But Ignis and Amprex have some built in multi-target capabilities, making them superior in their damage projection in every way compared to the Glaxion.

How could the Glaxion be made more fun?

One idea would make it auto aim to a very small degree-- sort of like a Mesa Peacemaker when the field of vision for the reticle is very small and narrow. This is because when you fire the beam, it sort of wiggles around and curves.. I almost feel like this wiggle should snake or latch onto a target. 

It also wouldn't hurt to have a range boost in order to make up for the fact that it is single target, and not aoe or chain like Ignis and Amprex. 

Rivens might make less popular weapons more viable, but even with a great Riven it just feels too inefficient.

Glaxions range got smaller in the weapon balance pass patch.

I think the best way to make this weapon useful is to put in these changes:

-innate cold proc

-revert to original range

-either damage boost or give it innate punchtrought

-status chance increased to 50% or crit chance increased to 45%

-add in an alt fire what lauches a ball of ice dealing 200% base damage with 1m aoe

On 7/20/2017 at 11:32 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

Glaxions range got smaller in the weapon balance pass patch.

I think the best way to make this weapon useful is to put in these changes:

-innate cold proc

-revert to original range

-either damage boost or give it innate punchtrought

-status chance increased to 50% or crit chance increased to 45%

-add in an alt fire what lauches a ball of ice dealing 200% base damage with 1m aoe

Status chance on continuous weapons is garbage. Go look at videos of the flux rifle augment that can give it 300+% status. Continuous beam weapons can apply status per second not per ammo.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Status chance on continuous weapons is garbage. Go look at videos of the flux rifle augment that can give it 300+% status. Continuous beam weapons can apply status per second not per ammo.

Going over 100% doesnt affect weapons at all, especially beam weapons its just the arsenal counter what keep it going higher.

In my opinion all beam weapons hsould have atleast 50% base status chance because 100%/sec is essentially the same as getting a weapon with 1/sec firerate and 100% status.

Also the reason why the status increase is there because i want all these changes applied to the weapon meaning it would have a decent alt-fire mechanincs for proccing stuff.

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

In my opinion all beam weapons hsould have atleast 50% base status chance because 100%/sec is essentially the same as getting a weapon with 1/sec firerate and 100% status.

No. It won't fix anything. What beam weapons should have is getting fixed so that status is actually useful and works per ammo spent and not per second.

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

No. It won't fix anything. What beam weapons should have is getting fixed so that status is actually useful and works per ammo spent and not per second.

They have removed that a long ago because of the firerate of these weapons was too high and caused optimization problems.

Beam weapons at this point first need increased status chance till DE actually decides to rework it.

42 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

They have removed that a long ago because of the firerate of these weapons was too high and caused optimization problems.

That was long ago. DE did a lot of optimizing work since then. I wonder if it is still a problem.

Meanwhile, weapon like Grakata and other weapons are able to proc lots of status in one second without causing any issue.

All continuous weapons need some love and Glaxion is in the bottom part of this category. Thanks to beauties like Embolist and its amazing augment, Glaxion doesnt take the crown as the worst of this category.

Its been years that threads asking for buffs to continuous weapons exist and nothing changes.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:35 AM, IceColdHawk said:

Beam weapons as a whole need a buff correct. Status/sec is terrible, and the only exception to this is Ignis Wraith and Amprex because they can crit. Glaxion, Flux Rifle, Cycron, etc all need love :(.

It would be pretty neat if the Glaxion had some kind of mini-Freeze/Avalanche effect on enemies, where focusing down an enemy with the beam for a few seconds results in a small AoE that freezes the central target solid (and reduces armor) while any nearby enemies take damage and receive a cold proc. That said, the only downside is that I'm pretty sure enemies that are frozen solid are immune to status effects, so it may be necessary to repeal that immunity if such a mechanic were to be put in place.

At the bare minimum, it would be nice if they actually adjusted the ammo consumption rate like they said they did; as it is the Glaxion is adequate at best, but for how ammo-hungry it is you're better off just using the Amprex (since that thing can actually tear through whole crowds which justifies its poor ammo economy).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Glaxion

Fires a photon beam that halts molecular vibrations, causing instant and painful freezing.

• Base damage 16.6 > 22.2

• Fire rate decreased 20 > 15

• Range 24m > 26m

• Added forced cold proc on every damage tick.

• Mastery requirement unchanged at 6

On 8/1/2017 at 0:41 AM, (PS4)SKRIMP-N-GRITZ said:

I go with the riven buff method, but I love this gun and I agree that it could use some love.

I have a riven for it.

It still can't get through a level 45 exterm without ammo mut, and still struggles at that.
(Note: This was before the ~30% damage increase. Now it'll prob struggle in sortie 1.)

Status per sec doesn't exist, it's just a borked display of status-per-ammo * RoF.

Status per sec can only apply status per damage chunk (~3 chunks per sec), and this isn't affected by multishot.
Compare are contrast with something like the Prisma Grakata (let along the Twin Graks, Akstil P, etc.), which can pump out x10 as many status per sec before multishot.
(I did the napkin math somewhere, lmk if you want to see it.)

tl;dr - "Status/sec", as it currently is, is irredeamably terrible for applying status.
Add to that the Galxion's ludicruous RoF and terrible base damage, and the Glaxion's fairly screwed.

Edited by Chroia