Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The AFK timer is dumb

(PSN)Romulus93

And to that I say : Staying in one place for 4 rounds without casting anything other than Quake is dumb.
Congratulation, your teammates managed to get a whopping 40 kills out of a thousand enemies.

So much for playing the game.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

And to that I say : Staying in one place for 4 rounds without casting anything other than Quake is dumb.
Congratulation, your teammates managed to get a whopping 40 kills out of a thousand enemies.

So much for playing the game.

I prefer to be applauded for the ingenuity it takes to try and easy mode this god awful RNGfest. This was a team effort anyways, requiring my good friend as Trinity Prime.

I agree, the AFK timer needs to be removed when channeled abilities are active. In farms such as io, (meso farm), or when you want to quickly clear out the rest of the waves of a fissure, it's very important. But quake is meant to last more than one minute, and after one minute the AFK timer kicks in. It's silly, and needs to be removed. (or at the very least, adjusted)

Edited by Potato

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

How difficult is it to turn off Sound Quake and actually move for a few seconds between waves? You deserve what you (didn't) get.

The way I see it, I did my time, alright? I farmed all those mods to make that god build and this is what my effort gets me!

The AFK Timer is just another bandaid trying to cover the base underlying issue: Warframe is a game of grind, with rewards based on grind, but with mechanics that supposedly 'promote skill'.

Here's another example: Octavia. One of the most powerful frames released to date, the 'best' build for her is based on standing in one place, out of the way, while maintaining timers  with as much interaction as a session of AdVenture Capatalist. And yet, this build can kill the most enemies, gain the most affinity, provide the most loot drops (excluding drop-affecting abilities), and has the best damage scaling and survivability in-game. It requires very little skill, and yet is the most rewarding. Why? And why does DE keep trying to make Warframe out as a skill-based game when it isn't in its current form?

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-