Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Warframe Concepts - Venom and Energy

Kobalt

I know that my suggestion won't really be taken deeply into consideration of any kind, but I thought it would be fun to do! I'll just leave these here and if anyone reads them and want to leave me some feedback feel free!

Venom Frame:

[Which I have affectionately nicknamed the Venno, see what I did there?]

1. Adaptive Neurotoxin - Slows a single target for a few seconds and then stuns it breifly, during which time the target takes bonus damage from your weapon.

[The skill starts with a 2 seconds duration on the slow gaining a second per level and additional range. The stun would last approximately 1.5 seconds, which would be effected by power duration. I was thinking something along the lines of a 30% damage bonus to the effected target, this bonus would not effect skill damage. I was also thinking that this damage would be of a faction specific elemental variety. Electric to corpus, fire to infested and poison to Grineer...Since the Grineer don't have a true elemental weakness I would assume poison would work well for them! The skill would be effected by all power mods.]

2. Serpent Skin - Negated the effects and damage from the next damage dealing source/s or until duration. Reduces incoming damage by 20% for the next few seconds. When damaged during the effect, deals one tick of moderate poison damage to the attacker.

[The ability is self target only. Starts at 3 second duration gaining 1 second to duration and 1 instance of damage block per level. Ending in a 6 second duration with 3 instances of damage block. Power duration increases the duration of the reduction/poisoning effect and power strength increases poison damage dealt.]

3. Cloaked Fang - Stealths you for 4 seconds or until a successful melee attack is landed. While stealthed, your stamina is infinite. If the stealth is ended early with a melee attack, you sacrifice health in exchange for an empowered attack which will bypass shields and always be critical. If the target is killed by this attack 2/3rd the energy cost is restored.

[The stealth grants no bonuses to ranged weapons. The skills sacrifices 3.3% of your max health per level to add twice that much in damage to the base of your melee/heavy charge damage for only 1 attack. The effect only triggers if melee is landed and only on the first target hit in the case of multi-target weapons. It is designed to be costly when not used offensively and to reward it's use aggressively. It also makes good use of melee/heavy charge damage mods. The crit component is there to increase the total yield of the sacrifice. Power duration increases the length of the stealth.]

4. Poison Mist - Releases a poisonous gas in a large radial area of effect. Targets hit are poisoned for 7 seconds sustaining heavy poison damage. You gain health equal to a third of the poison damage dealt.

[Like all other poison effects, this will bypass shields. The posion would tick once per second healing the player each tick. Leveling it would increase the radius of the skill and magnitude of the poison effect. The effect would scale with duration stength and range mods.]

Energy Frame:

1. Energy Beam - Sends out a beam of energy effecting the first target hit. Enemies take damage/Allies have their energy restored.

[Was thinking that it would deal energy damage standard for for a 1 ability while ignoring armor and possibly being not as strong against shields. Restores 100% the cost in energy to an allied frame. Power Strength increases only the damage and power range increases the range. Leveling increases damage dealt and range.]

2. Blink - Quickly jumps to a target. Jumps behind enemies restoring 10% of your shields and drastically increasing your heavy charge speed for 3 seconds. When jumping to allies, it restores 10% of their shields while granting both of you increased sprint speed for 3 seconds.

[Intended the heavy charge boost to make charging nearly instant. Power strength increases shield restoring effect, power range increases the range. Leveling increases range.]

3. Infuse - A low-medium ranged radial blast saturates everything inside with energy for 4 seconds. Enemy units under this effect recieve additional enegry damage when dealt damage by another source consuming the effect. Allies dealt damage while under this effect are healed for 10% their maximum health consuming the effect.

[Energy would be it's own damage type with no specific racial advantages which would ignore armor and maybe not be as effective against shields as mentioned before. Was thinking maybe a 30% damage increase on the next hit, factoring your base damage the way other elemental mods do. Damage and healing effect scale with power strength, range increses with power range. Leveling Increases range.]

4. Supercharge - Passively grants you an energy per second gain. When activated grants improved power strength, power range, shield regeneration and sprint speed for 10 seconds. The frame's other skills also gain additional bonuses.

[Passive Energy and other effects scale per level of the ability. 1 energy per second per level and 10% bonus to effected stats per level. Energy Beam would gain penetration and 10 more energy when restored when hitting allies. Blink additionally grants an increase of 50% to heavy charge damage when used against an enemy and will result in instant revival when used on a downed ally. Infuse will gain 2 additional charges to it's effect.]

Thought up the venom frame to be amix between a caster and a fighter with skill synergy for both. The energy frame, is suppost to be a support caster with solo viability. I can add more about frame's base stat choices and why specific synergies were chosen from my design standpoint if anyone cares. Though I honestly doubt they will! X0D

Edited by Kobalt

Regarding the Energy frame:

Your blink idea is similar to an already existing skill. *Maybe* too similar.

And Supercharge. I don't know what DE's position is on the matter of passives, but the lack of passives on other frames might be an indication.

Everything else seems ok to me.

I like the concepts behind Venno, but Serpent Skin feels lackluster. It would be terrible against Grineer, who will probably break through it nearly instantly at every rank because each bullet counts as a seperate damage instant AFAIK. It would be better against Corpus and Infested, but not by a whole lot. It would probably be decent against Shockwave and Railgun MOAs, Ancients, and Bombadiers and that's about it. Then again the rest of Venno's kit looks pretty good in nearly every situation, so maybe having one situational skill would balance it out. The idea of having a "cast from hp" ability is rather interesting. It would make health mods more important.

The Energy frame feels... meh. "Pure Energy" is such a undefined, bland concept. It's not like other "elemental" warframe concepts that have very clear inspirations. The skillset doesn't feel as 'awesome' as Venno's does either. A single target nuke/heal and a teleport (which is bascially a better version of Ash's teleport) are just kind of meh abilities. Infuse is better. Supercharge doesn't say "This is my ultimate!" like my favorite ults do. It's just a steroid skill. It's also mostly a healer, but Trinity already fills that role.

Thanks for all of the feedback, I honestly didn't think anyone would reply. Funny enough I thought people's positions on the frame so far would be reversed! The venom frame is very much a straight forward damage dealing concept, though it has some interesting caveats. I thought the energy frame was the more interesting of the two.

I will admit that the energy frame concept is a little all over the place in it's functionality, but I really wanted to make a fun support/caster concept that would work well in a solo setting as well. I feel that a lot of the caster frames don't really encourage you to cast in the sense it is intensely easy to just drop out of energy...I often feel as though I'm saving energy for the right situation instead of using it actively as I go. This is the reason behind the passive on Supercharge. Themeatically, I was trying to tie the frames to mechanics already in the game. The use of energy while partial having the amorphous meaning was also more theme'd to your warframe's energy. This is where the skills come in, several components of which take theme from charging other frames/enemies.

It doesn't seem half as exciting as a solo frame in comparison to a support frame. Blink is what it is, because in a team setting positioning on a line aimed shot and a mid range AoE will be important. From a support standpoint it's the skill that allows you to be in the right position to save your allies. Especially, since the frame specializes in burst damage over sustained [infuse having it's charge removed in one damage source unsupercharged means slower bigger damage gains more]...Which tends to favor long range weapons like the lex or snipetron, with the exception being the shotgun. The frame also lacks a get out of a sticky situation skill, which this could absolutely help you to do!

As for the unconventional ultimate, I figured that if you really want to encourage active casting on a frame the big show has to come from the cheaper to use skills. You can only cast the big stuff a few times at most, but making the smaller stuff strong can easily get you that spam happy feel I was looking for. Realistically, with team coordination and 200 energy the frame would be capable of charging 3 other frames to 140 energy while dealing considerable damage to enemies...Which I thought some people would see as grossly overpowered. That and the free stats being as potentially strong as they are, especially when you consider investment into power duration mods!

Oh well, i'm happy anyone liked any of them! :0)

Edited by Kobalt