The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving infested room a purpose

RistN

When The Glast Gambit came out I was quite disappointed on how little we got from it.Nidus was great,sure, but all of the following content was left kind of unfinished.Infestation is such a good theme that could bring some wonderful ideas.Here are my ideas for infestation room on our liset:

-Infested alterations.What if we had some kind of infested foundry in infested room where we could apply different kind of infested materials onto non-prime weapons so we could alter their stats.This wouldn't be any different from weapon crafting in "Deserts of Elderon" only that here would be applied infested materials.I mentioned weapons but I would like if other things could be altered too.

-Infested lab.Used for crafting and growing infested materials.Infested could drop resources needed to craft some sort of mutagens that are needed for infested alterations of weapons and other stuff.Every mutagen would give and take away some stat to weapon and couple of this mutagens,lets say 3 could be applied on weapon.Cyst growing on our necks could be infested material too.

-Infested pets,plants.Making and growing infested "things" on our liset that could be used for getting infested materials later.It could be also fun having our own Infested life form that we feed and take care of.

Well these are my suggestions.As I said,Infestation is such a good foundation for many great ideas and I hate it didn't get developed further.Be free to leave you're own ideas and suggestion in this topic.

Edited by RistN

Dont worry DE already has plans for infested room, they described it in the past as "alchemy" room, I saw long time ago info datamined on reddit that mentioned some interesting things but I wont post info here since I dont want to get in trouble and dont want to spoil anyone.

11 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

"I know stuff you might like and tell you that I know it, but I won't tell you about it"

Grade A+ b8 m8

Sorry for this, I just wanted to show that stuff is coming, its probably on backburner because of plains, I would say more but I am afraid of getting in trouble, talking about data mined stuff on forums is forbbiden

I hope I wont get in trouble for this, but you can find info here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5jgwdm/nidus_collection_info/

search for word: alchemy,

keep in mind that info may be fake or outdated

Edited by Culaio

I think the infested room was an opportunity for DE to come up with new infested weapons that would require more resources compared to the usual research.  I say this because, if you are not at that point yet, at some point in the game you pile up a crazy unnecessary amount of resources.  From that same room I had hoped for some more lore content describing where they would come from, the enemies who would use them and an introduction to enemies who also would use mods. Like a whole section with a different foundry and mod section with completely different mods from what we know.  imagination at its best.