Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BASTION: Melee Frame Concept

(XBOX)CursedPhoenix

I'm a big Warframe fan and have always loved the designs and detail that goes into everything so I decided to try my hand at designing my own Frame based on a Frame that was mentioned at last years Tennocon, a Shield Bearer.
I ran with an idea that blended old knights with Warframes  signature wavy weirdness. The result is BASTION, a melee based frame who's final ultimate ability conjures up an ethereal energy lance and shield that acts much like the sword and shield weapons in the game but much much potent and has extra buffs to the user as they hit enemies and black attacks.

The images bellow show Bastion in his normal form (wielding my all-time favorite Warframe weapon War) and his ultimate form for which I have no name for yet. Any suggestions?

Anyway I had great fun with this and have a couple other ideas I may explore :)

Also as a little background on myself I work in the film industry currently as Creative Director. 

adam-burn-bastion-ultimate.jpg?150065633adam-burn-bastion-standard.jpg?150065612

Dang, this really deserves some recognition just for the artwork alone! I would've thought this was a legit warframe coming soon if you hadn't stated you made it yourself. And while I personally find Warframe's melee to be a bit lackluster, I would definitely like to give this guy a try if he ever made his way into the game.

2 hours ago, (XB1)CursedPhoenix said:

I'm a big Warframe fan and have always loved the designs and detail that goes into everything so I decided to try my hand at designing my own Frame based on a Frame that was mentioned at last years Tennocon, a Shield Bearer.
I ran with an idea that blended old knights with Warframes  signature wavy weirdness. The result is BASTION, a melee based frame who's final ultimate ability conjures up an ethereal energy lance and shield that acts much like the sword and shield weapons in the game but much much potent and has extra buffs to the user as they hit enemies and black attacks.

The images bellow show Bastion in his normal form (wielding my all-time favorite Warframe weapon War) and his ultimate form for which I have no name for yet. Any suggestions?

Anyway I had great fun with this and have a couple other ideas I may explore :)

Also as a little background on myself I work in the film industry currently as Creative Director. 

18 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

It looks amazing. I can't wait to see the abilities. Also, wrong section; this goes in Fan Concepts.

@Yaerion, mind punting this amazing concept into the right Forum?

Sure. But report the OP instead the next time, so that my fellows can teleport it if I'm dealing with heavy Infestation somewhere else. ;)

Besieged from General Discussion to Extras]Fan Concepts, with admiration, I must confess...