Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about this forum

(XBOX)Unrivaled20

3 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Twin grakatas as one example. There are some player concept weapons like Mios and a few others. If you mean warframe concepts, maybe Nova? In general I think DE have so many warframes they want to do themselves that they don't have to look for inspiration elsewhere.

Atlas's appearance was entirely based on a fan concept

Zephyr was taken out of the forums entirely, except her concept art, Chromas default helmet was fan made I think, Mirage was inspired by a forum thread, Limbo as well, DE has also taken a lot of ideas from the Design Council including some weapons, and a Warframe, Equinox, also the devs read the forums and see what people suggest and in base of that they make a lot of decisions so I'd say there pretty active on the forums... 

5 hours ago, (PS4)SuperRaySonic said:

Zephyr was taken out of the forums entirely, except her concept art, Chromas default helmet was fan made I think, Mirage was inspired by a forum thread, Limbo as well, DE has also taken a lot of ideas from the Design Council including some weapons, and a Warframe, Equinox, also the devs read the forums and see what people suggest and in base of that they make a lot of decisions so I'd say there pretty active on the forums... 

The design council is completely restricted to the "early funders", correct? There's no way to actually see anything they conjure or attempt to conjure, yes? A shame, given how much I love watching an idea blossom, but, eh, for once, C'est La Vi?

8 hours ago, Unus said:

The design council is completely restricted to the "early funders", correct? There's no way to actually see anything they conjure or attempt to conjure, yes? A shame, given how much I love watching an idea blossom, but, eh, for once, C'est La Vi?

Design Council isn't purely Founders.  Regular players can be invited by DE staff if they are deemed "worthy" by providing feedback and concepts.

On 7/21/2017 at 7:20 PM, (Xbox One)Unrivaled20 said:

Has DE ever put any of the fan concepts in this forum into the game

Many fan concepts have been added to the game.

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Design Council isn't purely Founders.  Regular players can be invited by DE staff if they are deemed "worthy" by providing feedback and concepts.

Many fan concepts have been added to the game.

Huh, fascinating madam, thanks for the intel. Completely unaware after all this time.

I'm just going to leave these answers (to a similar question and topic) here.

@Unus , we don't tend to craft Fan Concepts from scratch in the DC, though. It happened a while back (before my time), and I have a feeling DE isn't keen on it judging by how messy it could get.

I think they will solicit concept ideas from contests (like they did the recent melee contest) and the like, but rather request targeted feedback from the DC.

5 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I'm just going to leave these answers (to a similar question and topic) here.

@Unus , we don't tend to craft Fan Concepts from scratch in the DC, though. It happened a while back (before my time), and I have a feeling DE isn't keen on it judging by how messy it could get.

I think they will solicit concept ideas from contests (like they did the recent melee contest) and the like, but rather request targeted feedback from the DC.

AH,  sort of "Okay guys, what are we missing right now?" as opposed to "Okay guys, BRAINSTORM! (dramatic sparkling effects as the council unites their Tenn-Os decoder rings and summon a D.E. Steve in all his pink-shorted glory from on high).

An unfortunate experience, but one I CANNOT complain about, given what I've seen of the backlash when things don't quite pan out in accordance to folk's beliefs or ideals. Many egos, one bakery, only a few real chefs in a sea of backseat drivers, etc.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

I don't see anything unfortunate about it, really.

People just have to not set their expectations too high and, once you've been selected, quickly read and assess what the DC actually does.

Tbh I feel DC is underused.  It would be nice if DE ran some stuff through there the day of or before, just to get last second ideas.

i.e., Nidus' infection mechanic not having a removal option for a week or two after his release. DC could have said "cool, how do you get rid of it?" Instead of DE dropping it and then going on holiday.

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Tbh I feel DC is underused.  It would be nice if DE ran some stuff through there the day of or before, just to get last second ideas.

i.e., Nidus' infection mechanic not having a removal option for a week or two after his release. DC could have said "cool, how do you get rid of it?" Instead of DE dropping it and then going on holiday.

Agreed, and it still counts as targeted feedback to boot.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I would be far more active in DC if they have us something to sink our teeth into.

Wait, so it's THAT underutilized currently? Huh, I guess Digital has a lot planned out for a fair distance ahead. What's the last "meal" you remember having over there?

Sounds like something to poke Steve with on his next Streamy time day.

Edited by Unus

Just now, Unus said:

Wait, so it's THAT underutilized currently? Huh, I guess Digital has a lot planned out for a fair distance ahead. What's the last "meal" you remember having over there?

Limbo.  We were able to toss out ideas on his powers and theme.  It was a lot of fun.

45 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ancient, the OG Limbo.

Oh, wow, then indeed, ouch.

Best current guess is that Eidolon might have siphoned away all of their attention from just about anything else, resulting in some ""neglect"". Could be wrong though.

I think after Limbo came Equinox: DE asked for themes/character ideas for a new female warframe.

The winning submission was a harm and heal / yin and yang warframe, which we now know as Equinox.

This is also why you shouldn't listen to anyone who says Equinox is male and female.

That said, I wasn't involved in this and only read the archive.

The most creative topics I participated in were; augment mod creation and suggestions; healer/support archwing; and syndicate melee abilities.

Other than that, we mostly vote on things or suggest names (and then vote on those). The voting is important, but it would be great to have more meaty topics, as noted by MagPrime.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

I think after Limbo came Equinox: DE asked for themes/character ideas for a new female warframe.

The winning submission was a harm and heal / yin and yang warframe, which we now know as Equinox.

This is also why you shouldn't listen to anyone who says Equinox is male and female.

That said, I wasn't involved in this and only read the archive.

The most creative topics I participated in were; augment mod creation and suggestions; healer/support archwing; and syndicate melee abilities.

Other than that, we mostly vote on things or suggest names (and then vote on those). The voting is important, but it would be great to have more meaty topics, as noted by MagPrime.

Sounds like something a nice open and free petition could be called down for sir and mam, unless, you know, it's already happened many many times.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Sounds like something a nice open and free petition could be called down for sir and mam, unless, you know, it's already happened many many times.

A lot of people don't like DC even existing, and they like then designing features even less.

47 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

A lot of people don't like DC even existing, and they like then designing features even less.

Well, for some, it is their little baby they have seen grow for a few years now. They wouldn't want us to ruin it's education. Then again, Octavia being a part of a Space Ninja's education is questionable :')

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Really? Do they see them as "special holier-then-thou" snowflakes or something? Is it the same anger plague that seems to afflict folks who see Scaliber Primes wandering about?