Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Napalms need an AOE nerf/Enemy Swarms

khimera

All right, i've done a mission several times and each time a Grineer Napalmer walks up and blasts my butt to kingdom come, and recently this one had a fellow napalmer to help.

Now, I'm not saying I want the game to be easy, let's put that out there, and I already know the game needs tweaking, that's why it's in closed beta. So nothing about that if you're gonna comment please.

I am stuck in this area on a capture mission with two napalmers staring at me, locked in because of the random lockdown events. (While realistic, still annoying but i've no real grievance against them.) Both of them start firing and their blasts are nowhere near me and my shield still begins to deplete in the far presence of the flames. I understand intense heat but not only was I moderately far from the actual blasts, the cryogenics malfuntion scenario was going on which makes no sense as to why the radial heat would continue to harm me and my shields.

Long story short, i'm desperately hailing the napalmers with all of the rifle ammo I have (MK1-Braton, which I must say is nice for a starter gun) and finally kill one. Now I remember that enemies regenerate shields too. I am now staring at a full health, full shields napalmer with no shields and roughly fifty health. Once again he fires and i'm out of blast radius and my health continues to go down. Long story short I die for the umpteenth time due to how massively powerful napalmers are. (I'm a Volt and I had 150 shield due to ice scenario. Even in regular scenarios they've destroyed me in seconds)

Another issue I had in my latest mission with the double napalmers (I know some people take on multiples of them at once too, it just requires more strategy and I'm mainly annoyed with the radius in which napalm blast heat does damage over time) was the huge amount of enemies. I am overall rank 1. Upon getting locked in the room I was swarmed with all manner of baddies and the napalmers somehow managed to get locked in with me, of course. They literally come out of the woodwork for every mission I take and it's just a little too overwhelming, especially when you get several special units together swarming you rather than regular troops such as, for example: two fireblades, two powerfists, and the napalmers.

Even if neither of these get an even slight nerf would someone be kind enough to give a strategy to me or a few tips? I am a mainly non-item using person as I like to save my credits for more powerful armaments. My Volt has only Shock, but I've avoided other basic-tree skills in lieu of the boosts and mod slots.

I too struggle with numbers of Napalm, on the higher leveled zones. However this may just be a case of low player population, at any given time.

Things may improve as more Keys are given out.

Might I suggest (in the mean time) a Hek. It and the Ember Frame have helped me a ton.

Thanks for the suggestion Darksledge. I recently found out that when locked in that particular type of room during the ice scenario, the cold floods in which constantly damages you so it may not have been the blast radius but the fact there were two of them in a small space and I had to hack a console didn't help things any.

A Hek I can buy, but I'm an f2per so I'm unable to get more platinum besides the original fifty. I find myself less fond of Ember and more fond of Frost, which may actually be counterproductive. I'm also a mainly solo player which probably hurts me as well though I feel that if you've selected 'solo' as your option you should receive at least a bit fewer enemies to ease things a bit.

I purely use Loki at the moment, so whenever I play a grineer level I always save 100 energy for radial disarm in case of Napalmers. They are much stronger than any of their counterparts in terms of dps. I would rather stand up and take a bullet hose elite to the face without weapons than try to fight a napalmer. Now I'm not saying that they're completly overpowered, they just are in comparison, and the only case in which they are somewhat easy to take down is with 4 people. But still, kick their range and TTK just a notch I would say :/

I am nearly broke, Trancemaster (saving moneys and stuffs for my college loans and other things) so I don't have the luxury of paying actual money to support the game or to grab nice elite weapons like a hek right away. I would LOVE to have the snipetron or the Bronco but I need to save my credits for now.

Never ever had a problem with napalmers, and yes i even faced two of them together. However i have to say that the current Infected changes has made me HTFU as far as tactical gameplay goes.

First of all, any gun with electricity mod will "stun lock" their firing animation, so they won't fire (works with any Grineer Heavy, by the way). At that point, you pick your favourite long-range gun and keep applying bullets to their heads until they get tired of geting shot and just die for F***'s sake.

If you have two, you'll just have to find means to separate them. It might not be easy, but it's doable.

TL;DR i believe they are fine.

Came to find any tips and helps on how to kill Grineer heavies without them killing you... i found nothing here

Abuse cover. Dancing in and around cover to force the enemies to move to you or to stop firing counters just about every grineer heavy in the game.

Came to find any tips and helps on how to kill Grineer heavies without them killing you... i found nothing here

What warframe are you using?

The first thing you should take notice is Lotus telling you one is near, when that happens dont run into rooms like you are going to slice through stuff. I cannot tell you how many times i've played with people that died because they ignored that and literally walked into a Heavy's gun. Which is tremendously hilarious.

The next thing is to play defensively, they can kill you faster that you can so dont try to slug it out when you are alone. Use blind with Ex, decoy or invis with Lok, the shield with Volt, and the like to safely take their shield down and health.

If you are in a team then.... everyone rush him. That always works.

Napalm troopers are okay. They provide a critical area denial role for the Grineer, who are weak to cover. Stay in the open, keep moving, and they're harmless.

Of course the other Grineer aren't... So take them out. Or, if you think they're more of a threat than the Napalmer, focus fire on the Napalmer while ducking from cover to cover.