Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Akbolto vs. Twin Grakatas

PhoenixSpectre

Question

I understand it's a question that gets subjective fast, but I need some input from more experienced players.

I currently plan on using Hek as my main and Rakta Dark Dagger as my melee. But these two weapons have been giving me a headache when I try to decide which should be in my secondary slot.

As I understand it, the Grakatas are a crit bullet hose. An incredibly deadly combination, but it can kick your ammo reserves in teeth pretty fast.

Telos Akboltos are high damage-per-shot, have the explody effects, and ultimately are better for saving ammo, i guess. I would have to get on the market to trade for them though.

So to those with more experience, which should I look into first? Is there anything I'm missing about them? And which holds up in late game stuff better?

7 answers to this question

Twin Grakatas probably though I personally wouldn't recommend investing too heavily in either. There are better secondaries out there.

Twin Grakatas will hold up better simply because of their fast status rate. The crit will also allow them to achieve higher damage on head-shots.

They handle have little to no recoil but an obnoxiously long reload time and as you said, ammo economy problems.

I think when mixed with Hek though the ammo economy can be avoided for the most part since Hek is never going to run out. Just swap for a bit.

Alright then. I guess I'll try those out. If nothing else, my Warframe is going to look badass carrying around a huge shotgun and two assault rifles all the time. But I do have to ask...

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

There are better secondaries out there.

What are some of the 'better secondaries' that you mentioned? I'm sure they're expensive and I won't be able to work towards them right now, but for the future. You know, for super-endgame stuff that's only a dream for me right now.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

...What are some of the 'better secondaries' that you mentioned?...

Akstiletto Prime is very similar to Twin Grakatas.  I'm not sure that they're super-endgame but they're definitely harder to get your hands on.  There are a number of other secondaries that are considered to be good by most people in the community however no more come to mind that are similar to Akstiletto Prime/Twin Grakatas.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

Alright then. I guess I'll try those out. If nothing else, my Warframe is going to look badass carrying around a huge shotgun and two assault rifles all the time. But I do have to ask...

What are some of the 'better secondaries' that you mentioned? I'm sure they're expensive and I won't be able to work towards them right now, but for the future. You know, for super-endgame stuff that's only a dream for me right now.

Ak-stiletto Prime are similar automatic pistols that are pretty much better than Twin Grakatas in every way. They're still not the best for ammo economy but better. Ak-Lex Prime is a better akimbo style pistol upgrade to Ak-Bolto if you wanted to go with that style.

I made a video a while ago comparing kill times for some of the better pistols in the game to give an idea of how each one deals with different health types. It's not to say one is better than the other though since I would recommend all of them to a player and each handle differently with pros and cons of their own.

Skip to 4:55 if you just want to see the Avg kill speeds.

V. Marelok is a middle ground pick, good against both armor and health but not the best at any. Akstiletto was the better for shredding through armor, Pandero, while able to deal with armor, it really shines against unarmored and Ak-Lex which has less accuracy than Marelok, more recoil and longer reload but a little more killing power in return for it's less than stellar handling.

Right now, Sicarus Prime is the winner among all pistol kill speeds against all health and armor types but it's vaulted and can be expensive, about 200p. The only way to compare SIcarus Prime is AoE Vs Single Target really. It's ammo economy is the only questionable thing but still better than Ak-stiletto.

Thanks for the video man. I think I'll look into Akstilleto Prime and the V. Marelok then, since almost $20 in platinum for one gun isn't something I can easily swing on a college budget. I think I'm leaning for Akstilleto, though. It looked like it was similar to the V. Marelok in terms of unarmored kill times, while still mulching all armor.