Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Collection Of Dead Things

(PSN)Joshhwwaaaaaa

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Most recent dead things:

Tonkor Still see some of these

Telos Boltace This one cant be more dead

Synoid Simulor Still the number 1 choice for mirages

Limbo They are still out there, but the troll qualification and the general clunkyness has made them as rare as before rework

I would like to see a list of weapons/frames that DE has killed off. All input is welcome. I think it's important to keep a record of things that were once fun and see the trends of what has been killed. 

I would like to nominate the Knell, after its patches it basically nothing more than another fodder weapon.

Some of you seem to misunderstand. I don't care what you think is good or not. Out of the thousands of missions I have been in I have seen these items used so rarely that they are in fact dead. (A case could be made for Limbo but I'm sure not going to stay in a mission where someone is playing as him.)

So far we have the Knell to add to this list. I haven't touched this weapon yet because I'm a console peasant and hopefully one day I will be able to play with it. So I'll take @Fallen_Echo's word for it.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Some of you seem to misunderstand. I don't care what you think is good or not. Out of the thousands of missions I have been in I have seen these items used so rarely that they are in fact dead. (A case could be made for Limbo but I'm sure not going to stay in a mission where someone is playing as him.)

So far we have the Knell to add to this list. I haven't touched this weapon yet because I'm a console peasant and hopefully one day I will be able to play with it. So I'll take @Fallen_Echo's word for it.

There is a reason for Knell's lack of use: it's very unforgiving. If you can hit headshots pretty much perfectly, then it's power is right there at the top. If you can't, then it is very frustrating to use.

So basically, it's not the gun that is weak, but the players themselves that are inadequate for the gun, if that makes sense.

Glaxion, as dead as a freon-less refrigerator baking in the Sahara Desert. Unloved by the community because of its atrocious ammo economy, unloved by DE for stating in the patchnotes that they did fix its ammo economy but community players have debunked their claim that it hasn't with video evidence.

Ogris, can't kill a fly on a wall but can sure one-shot your &#! if you're too close. Those Grineer and Corpus find your Napalm blankets as comforting as a rabid Tickle-Me-Elmo doll with expired  batteries overflowing with battery acid.

Kesheg. A polearm. The toothpicks those Kuva Guardians use. Probably best to use it for hanging laundry. The braid is probably an edible fruit roll-up.

Pangolin Sword. Use it to hold the chicken-wire for your small organic hen nest. No one will think less of its utility there.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Limbo is still the best, albeit most cheesy, way of obtaining Kuva. Just stay in the rift and ignore the Grineer.

All the room nukes were toned down because they took fun away from players who weren't using them.

As for things I miss? I liked clearing Infested Outbreaks on exterminate and just chilling with the friendly units for a bit after, it was funny and a nice change of pace.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

The game is still boring. Now if only they would tale away mass crowd control from every frame and actually fix enemy scaling

Ye it is sometimes, but it's suposed to be a farming simulator so... >_>