Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime VS Soma Prime

(PSN)NoTrollGaming

Question

12 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Definitely use Soma over Boltor for Corpus, their shields and robots tank puncture a lot.

Robotic Health takes 25% more damage from Puncture, while resisting Slash 25%
(also e.g. Oxium Ospreys / Bursas have Armor, so Puncture gets yet more of a bonus there).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

yeM7u2s.png

Edited by NinjaZeku

The Soma Prime's supplemental stats turn it into the better weapon. The Boltor Prime can shine against unarmored high level targets(100+) but for armor it requires a Warframe that can instantly strip the enemy of armor to be as effective or more effective than the Soma Prime, which with its higher status and slash focus can more easily deplete armor and bypass armor with slash procs. Examples of these Warframes include Sonic Fracture Banshee, Oberon, and Seeking Shuriken Ash.

1 hour ago, AtoKitsune said:

bypass armor with slash procs

I see that phrasing so often, but ... I mean, the initial Slash damage that the proc damage is based on is still affected by Armor.

Sure, the proc damage is not further reduced but Slash procs are not the miracle solution to Armor problems,
at least not in the same way that Toxin damage and Slash / Gas procs can be for ridiculously high Shields.

(Or, am I in error about how Slash procs work?)

18 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I see that phrasing so often, but ... I mean, the initial Slash damage that the proc damage is based on is still affected by Armor.

Sure, the proc damage is not further reduced but Slash procs are not the miracle solution to Armor problems,
at least not in the same way that Toxin damage and Slash / Gas procs can be for ridiculously high Shields.

(Or, am I in error about how Slash procs work?)

Slash procs themselves are not reduced in damage as the triggering of the proc starts a finisher damage tick for the 35% of the damage of the attack, spread out over eight seconds. So, it actually deals -more- damage than the initial attack, but over a larger period of time. But, it is also ignoring armor, doing far more damage even if it is reduced per instance. This totals 245% of the damage that started the slash proc.

Edited by AtoKitsune
Totally wrong number

Soma Prime is better in every way. Literally every single faction, health and armor type. You just have to mod it correctly.

The only thing Boltor Prime is half decent at is armor and it's still not better. Even the normal Soma was mostly better than Boltor Prime.

2 hours ago, AtoKitsune said:

Slash procs themselves are not reduced in damage as the triggering of the proc starts a finisher damage tick for the 35% of the damage of the attack, spread out over eight seconds. So, it actually deals -more- damage than the initial attack, but over a larger period of time. But, it is also ignoring armor, doing far more damage even if it is reduced per instance. This totals 245% of the damage that started the slash proc.

This is why Slash when combined with Viral or Gas is so devastating as a combo.  Get a headshot or add stealth and the damage goes up even more per tick.  

24 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why Slash when combined with Viral or Gas is so devastating as a combo.  Get a headshot or add stealth and the damage goes up even more per tick.  

Ye, and coupled with something like the Atterax with red-critical slide attacks at 11.2 times damage, with a quadruple applied status because of the way critical status works, you can get ridiculous damage.

Of course, this is why everyone uses Atterax.

4 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Of course, this is why everyone uses Atterax

Only those with no sense of style. (just joking) LOL.  I prefer the Venka P, Glaive P or Nikana P.  Anyone can kill an enemy.  Only a few can do it with Style.  :D

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Only those with no sense of style. (just joking) LOL.  I prefer the Venka P, Glaive P or Nikana P.  Anyone can kill an enemy.  Only a few can do it with Style.  :D

it can be made to have some really cool gradients and color splashes with the proper color combinations, I've made a couple customizations around the Atterax itself, actually.