The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Synergy?

Jhakoon

Hi there.

Right now i had the glorious idea of synergy between certain mods. Didn't find any thread, so i'll start this one.

My imagination is, that most mods should offer synergies to the frame/weapon, if all of them belonging together are equipped, but the single mods itself should be slighty less powerful.

For example if you equip ice dmg + stun to a weapon, together they could provide a freeze synergy with a certain percentage (max about 20% maybe), depending on the level of both mods.

Also some synergies could make rare double skill mods obsolete, reducing complexity by increasing depth.

I imagine that such a synergy system could make modding more interesting, making players to focus on certain builds, maybe some unique crazy settings, rising diversity of the frames.

I know most of you don't want to be 'forced' to follow a certain path, but in my eyes this 'everybody can do anything'-thing ruins a great part of the spirit of a game, reducing immersion and pride (for a mod setup, for a frame, for the whole game). In my eyes games need to be edgy, to provide a wide variety and unique experience. There shouldn't be THE omgwtfpwn setup, but many of similar ones, offering the possibility of focusing on special things, making a frame/weapon perform extraordinary good in whatever the user choosed, while lacking in other things, but not as bad as it makes the frame/weapon totally suck there. Just some decent advantages/disadvantages.