The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Medusa Themed Syadanna idea

So I really like playing around with Equinox and just pretending that she is a gorgon from Greek mythology (with a calming frenzy build), however despite my search I haven't really found any syadannas that scream, "MEDUSA!" or "GORGON!"

I have a few ideas, how such a syadanna could look and I am more then willing to sketch out a design if anyone is interested. Thinking of having something like a collar with some strands in the back (like the syadanna for Steel Meridan) that have a snake like appearance. I'm thinking it should probably be either Tenno or Infested themed (or maybe both).

If someone who knows how to make 3D models is interested in this undertaking, let me know and I will start working on the designs. :satisfied:

I can't 3D model but I can draw decently but tbh you look like you want living snakes no? You should try infested. Kinda like the cthulu syandana Octavia came out with. I would probably have random sized infested snakes squirming around and tmsome trying to reach out but then falling back in defeat. These little snakes got to show you that they don't want to be on this tenno's back they want to escape!

8 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I can't 3D model but I can draw decently but tbh you look like you want living snakes no? You should try infested. Kinda like the cthulu syandana Octavia came out with. I would probably have random sized infested snakes squirming around and tmsome trying to reach out but then falling back in defeat. These little snakes got to show you that they don't want to be on this tenno's back they want to escape!

I know about the cthulhu syadanna but it doesn't really have that snake feel. Also the infested cone that the tendrils are attached to doesn't seem to fit with a lot of my warframes (and trust me I tried, on both Equinox and Banshee it just looks off).

I was originally thinking that they would be either infested or mechanical, but recently I did have the idea that perhaps they could be made out of energy. Perhaps they could move around the Warframes back as if ready to attack anything that gets too close (perhaps they "can", like they can attempt to strike out at enemies but they deal no damage, because this is a syadanna not a weapon). Perhaps the bodies are made of energy but the heads are mechanical in nature.

What do you think?

13 hours ago, Sypherys said:

I like idea and this would probably be the kind of theme I'd add on some of my warframes.

Well, with the new Halloween Tennogen deadline set up I am currently trying to come up with some ideas for an Equinox Helmet (because no one else is going to be thinking/working on it, unless somebody lays done the groundwork). I'm thinking either a Medusa themed helmet, with some sort of snake like design in the back and a mask in the front that changes depending upon the form.

I was also thinking of some sort of weird spider gimp/ cerborite (whatever those things in Hellraiser are called) skin, we shall see.