Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Releasing new login reward Primed Mods will become a problem

Wyrmius_Prime

Today marks the 600th day since the Daily Tribute system was released on PC. I'm not personally a fan of how the system currently works at all. If I were to join the game today, it would take me close to 5 years to unlock Primed Shred (600 day login reward) simply because of the fact that I do not have time nor interest to login to this game daily in the long run. The open ''beta'' hasn't even been out that long. That should put into perspective how ridiculous of a time frame that is. How many games have YOU played for that long?

According to the Wiki, ''As of January 13th 2017, new Primed mods were unofficially retired from Baro Ki'Teer's rotation.'' May I ask why? Why remove or at least postpone one of the biggest incentives for old players to play the game instead of only logging in daily? Those mods were a great Endo sink too. Now there are people with hundreds of thousands, probably even millions of spare Endo because there is nothing worthwhile to use it on. Sorties pump the game with more and more Endo with the endless and useless Ayatan rewards. Maxed mods have hardly any demand in the market compared to the past. Sure there are rivens but maxing them only takes a small portion of what maxing a Primed mod takes, and in addition to that, the number of rivens a player can have is limited.

The login rewards mods are some of the best mods that exist in this game. How bad your aim has to be if you actually need any of the primed ammo mutation mods? You can also get a larger benefit than primed fast hands, primed bane mods or primed slip mag from rivens even with weak dispositions. Nearly half of the Primed mods offered by Baro are trash. Meanwhile Primed Fury, Primed Vigor and Primed Shred will stay relevant through the ages. Primed Shred especially is more powerful than you average riven roll on primaries. It would be nice if these mods were available in the game through proper gameplay. The 600 days might not seem like a lot to some of you, but think ahead in time when we are speaking of thousands of days. The future mods would just be there, with barely anyone being able to acquire them.

Just my 2 cents pls no flame k?

I made a thread about this a while back, i think daily logins should give you pts that could then be used to get whatever you want in the login reward system. obviously if you want primed mods you have to save up for a determined amount of time, but atleast its your choice if you want to save for a few days and get a booster or for a month to get a primed mod for example.

primed mods to be non tradable with this solution :)

Edited by Dark5eiD

7 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

I made a thread about this a while back, i think daily logins should give you pts that could then be used to get whatever you want in the login reward system. obviously if you want primed mods you have to save up for a determined amount of time, but atleast its your choice if you want to save for a few days and get a booster or for a month to get a primed mod for example.

How would you prevent someone with loads of points from using said points to purchase (and stockpile) the primed mods and sell them for plat (thus defeating the purpose of making them login rewards)?

Just now, Rhekemi said:

How would you prevent someone with loads of points from using said points to purchase (and stockpile) the primed mods and sell them for plat (thus defeating the purpose of making them login rewards)?

make them non tradable....

Its been stated time and time again that login rewards are to give rewards to longer term players, sorry if you feel the need to have something that other players who have been playing the game since the beginning have, but unfortunately thats not how the system works and if DE were to change it now those of us that have accumulated 400-500 days already would be quite upset, just because other people have access to a mod that others don't doesn't mean they have to overhaul how a system works, that would be like asking DE to nerf the arcane systems because its too difficult for newer players to get said arcanes, everything in this game is a grind including login rewards so people just have to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

make them non tradable....

I'd add that to your original post.

New question.

And are you pleased with what your herald, Steppenwolf, is up to? 

Does he even have a plan? Or is he just going to smash things with his lava-summoning axe-hammer?

3 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

New question.

Does he even have a plan? Or is he just going to smash things with his lava-summoning axe-hammer?

man that sounds hilarious, but unfortunately i dont get it. sry

11 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

New question.

I got it. 

While I agree that some are good, very few did I ever see them as necessary; especially the log-in ones. I'm confident that DE is aware of those who won't like to commit such a long time for the milestone primed mods, so they primed those that aren't heavily dependent.

I need to clarify, this is about future primed milestone mods. Primed Fury is at 200 day, that's reasonable. Primed Vigor and Shred comes after; even though they have long milestones, their original counterparts never felt a-must-have-in-your-build but an optional use.

4 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Nice try derailing the thread to a completely different direction.

Huh? I thought it was funny. His name was a version of Darkseid, I asked about Steppenwolf. There was no conspiracy to derail the thread on my part.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

While I agree that some are good, very few did I ever see them as necessary; especially the log-in ones. I'm confident that DE is aware of those who won't like to commit such a long time for the milestone primed mods, so they primed those that aren't heavily dependent.

I need to clarify, this is about future primed milestone mods. Primed Fury is at 200 day, that's reasonable. Primed Vigor and Shred comes after; even though they have long milestones, their original counterparts never felt a-must-have-in-your-build but an optional use.

Prime shred will be amazing though : +55% Fire Rate (110% for bows) with +2.2 Punch Through,  but yeah, the next primed would probably be something like primed hammershot,  anyway its not only the mods, the weapons specifically speaking about the zenistar can be completely broken and overpowered, and only available to select few that reach that login reward.

29 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

They are already untradeable because of the reason you mentioned. I believe this has been the case since the week of week after the release of the system, so you're a 'bit' late with the argument.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

24 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Its been stated time and time again that login rewards are to give rewards to longer term players, sorry if you feel the need to have something that other players who have been playing the game since the beginning have, but unfortunately thats not how the system works and if DE were to change it now those of us that have accumulated 400-500 days already would be quite upset, just because other people have access to a mod that others don't doesn't mean they have to overhaul how a system works, that would be like asking DE to nerf the arcane systems because its too difficult for newer players to get said arcanes, everything in this game is a grind including login rewards so people just have to deal with it.

since the beginning? nooo you mean since the release of the new reward system, i and many others played the game long before they introduced the new login system

we all had to start from day 1 with all the new players, nowadays new players are already at day 600 while some veterans sit on day 100+ xD (even founders)

no reward for returning players, no way to catch up if you had a break,

you just get penalized for having a reallife and cant login everyday, thats all

33 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

I would have every single reward if the days were tracked retroactively. I am a long term player, and that is the exact reason why I find little to nothing to do in the game.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

13 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They are already untradeable because of the reason you mentioned. I believe this has been the case since the week of week after the release of the system, so you're a 'bit' late with the argument.

I wouldn't know; I don't own any login reward primed mods yet. I just can't log in that often anymore.

43 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

I've been playing since like U7-8ish. I only have something like 380 login days because they didn't count any of my logins from before the system started. Naturally, because of the sheer crazy amounts of time I've dumped into the game (3200 steam hours), I only come back every few weeks to play new content/catch up on a few new weapons, and it typically only requires the time to farm parts and certain resources (oxium, argon, cryotic)

I got bored of this game in 2014, and stopped playing for a long time. I came back to warframe in May of 2017. I have came back and have already completed most that this game has to offer, in less than 70 days. I hear the zenistar is a good weapon, possibly the best melee in the game if used right, but its a shame that this game will be long gone from my attention by the time I could possibly be able to get it. It is a decent plan on paper, but what if they release something as building-breaking as primed streamline at like 700? Then most of the playerbase is at a disadvantage. This game is all about grind, and people with a lot of time grind this game until they are bored, however for most players that doesn't last even 100+ days.

600 days of logins for primed shred... as cool as that mod is this is nuts. I'm like 15 days away from my next login reward, primed vigor, but someone(s) at DE need to consider different ways to reward loyalty other than loggin' in every day for every 100 days straight for one new item or a booster.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco