Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

On 7/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod. Perhaps it's time to revisit the login reward method, maybe make it a 30 day cycle where you can pick what mod or weapon you want at the end of each cycle? 

Any better ideas? 

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards. It doesn't exactly feel motivating to know that you need to log in 600 days to get Primed Shred, or 300 days to get Zenistar. And there's currently literally nothing you can do to make those time-gates shorter, unlike in the rest of the game where you can pay plat to rush something, or use plat to buy a vaulted item from another player. 

--

Do you like the way login rewards are right now? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13525030

Then what would you reward the person who logged in for 600 days with? Nothing? Nothing for years of loyalty to the game? Nothing for years of playing? New players get get 100% of everything in WF in 6 months or less? Veterans deserve something for hanging around and keeping the player base alive.

20 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, I suppose I should just chip in my little thoughts on the matter.

Even though personally I have no problem with the system, I think going too far in the milestone reward would be half of a waste on the developers part. Basically, DE will have to develop and design that only a few people could get access to. As we go further, less and less people could get access to it.

I just feel like it's a wasted asset in the game when only a handful people could even get it. And those people might not even enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the Daily Tribute system, and I personally liked the Sigils given from it. But I'm just seeing this from a developer's perspective. You pour your heart and effort into this thing. You make a new toy, and obviously you want people to enjoy it. But it eventually just sit there, hidden in some game code, with probably only two-three people even able to touch it.

But I suppose that maybe the reason DE didn't make some of the Daily Milestone reward ahead of time.

Like Primed Chamber? Could have come to Baro any time. Hasn't. Guess the devs are ok with some mods being exclusive to a few people and not available to the masses.

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Like Primed Chamber? Could have come to Baro any time. Hasn't. Guess the devs are ok with some mods being exclusive to a few people and not available to the masses.

Oh yeah. That's one asset. I heard it was supposed to be available again in some other way (at least it was supposed to be in Gradivius Dilemma event). But as we know, not even one word.

6 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Then what would you reward the person who logged in for 600 days with? Nothing? Nothing for years of loyalty to the game? Nothing for years of playing? New players get get 100% of everything in WF in 6 months or less? Veterans deserve something for hanging around and keeping the player base alive.

Won't matter, they will want whatever the players that put in the time got as well.

When the login milestone rewards began, it was also unattainable for players to get the 600 login reward.

Players right now are not at a disadvantage at all, they feel exactly what we felt like 600 days ago.

DE is right about making sure that everyone gets the same treatment.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod. Perhaps it's time to revisit the login reward method, maybe make it a 30 day cycle where you can pick what mod or weapon you want at the end of each cycle? 

Any better ideas? 

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards. It doesn't exactly feel motivating to know that you need to log in 600 days to get Primed Shred, or 300 days to get Zenistar. And there's currently literally nothing you can do to make those time-gates shorter, unlike in the rest of the game where you can pay plat to rush something, or use plat to buy a vaulted item from another player. 

--

Do you like the way login rewards are right now? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13525030

think about us that did long for that long before they did that and got nothing 

Current system is fine. It encourages you to keep playing the game but it doesn't restart you from the beginning if you stop playing for a while, if you're dedicated you'll get your rewards that honestly you won't use all that much, just as a "hey look at me". I never see anyone actually use the zenith as their main weapon.

This thread has gone in circles so many times already.

As someone who has all the rewards up to the zenith... my opinion is that to change it now is to negate the literal years of logins that someone has to do to get the items if other people get them easier. But really what's easier than just logging in once a day for PVE content. Especially when theres literally no race for it other than say... Clan events where you're rewarded for having more power than other people. *HINT HINT DE: THIS IS WHY CLAN EVENTS ARE TERRIBLE IDEAS*  The difference really is miniscule enough that skill more than makes up the difference in power gain, but it still makes people feel salty if they don't have the same options as another guy when things are based on power.

Other than that tiny gripe with the system, really the only thing that I would change is the random resource drops etc in there. You don't need them mostly as a veteran, but as a newbie you need tons. Only you dont get tons, and vets just sigh and facepalm seeing another 10 oxium or whatever the amount is that is easily obtainable from the high level content they already run. Why not make the higher mr players gain more endo, or more syndicate marks or something rather than resources? 

they wont change the system for the same reason that they haven't lowered the cost for the Hema still. And that is simply to honor those who have gotten the items already and took ages to get them.I dont see a problem with the system anyway and want them to eventually add a sundial Sentinel even just to reward those who consistently log in! I wouldnt go as far as a warframe but those who log in consistently for two years should be rewarded. I wouldn't be against a time played check for existing veterans who have played for years to catch up though. As for new players just being able to fast forward through... I don't like that idea, they can wait for the mods and weapons as they're are plenty of alternatives.

16 hours ago, Andaius said:

They are just as obtainable as they are to veteran players. New guys just have to put the time in just like them. I'm only on like day 380!

Yes because a new player can join and at day 150 be very good and want to min max a build. "Oh sorry, you havnt played X years to get this item." (I have Primed shred by the way). This whole system is about just as bad as getting days of sentinel XP in a row.

EDIT: Steves comment also shows he has no idea how to play this game. Primed Fury is a must have mod under all circumstances for any melee. It is on the easier side to get, but we could see another of that type of mod.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Yes because a new player can join and at day 150 be very good and want to min max a build. "Oh sorry, you havnt played X years to get this item." (I have Primed shred by the way). This whole system is about just as bad as getting days of sentinel XP in a row.

EDIT: Steves comment also shows he has no idea how to play this game. Primed Fury is a must have mod under all circumstances for any melee. It is on the easier side to get, but we could see another of that type of mod.

For years now, gameplay was fine. But suddenly, since these weapons exist, it is impossible to continue playing without these weapons/mods. Please explain to me, how the items in question have made it so that the game becomes unplayable without them.

IMHO this is all about wanting your toys straight away.

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

prime furry isn't needed on any weapon, git gud

infact it makes some weapons TOO fast

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

Just reached 150 day login. 50 more days of primed fury. Don't get where its a must use mod. Of course will use it when I get it. Daily routine : login finish sortie in 20-30 mins, farm a few relics, max out the syndicates and logout. Easy peasy. I am never at a huge disadvantage missing this mods. Its all about how you play. 

I will wait like everyone else for these rewards.  

1 hour ago, Kusungphak said:

Just reached 150 day login. 50 more days of primed fury. Don't get where its a must use mod. Of course will use it when I get it. Daily routine : login finish sortie in 20-30 mins, farm a few relics, max out the syndicates and logout. Easy peasy. I am never at a huge disadvantage missing this mods. Its all about how you play. 

I will wait like everyone else for these rewards.  

Wait, Primed Fury was the 200 day reward?

I didn't even realize I had it. Guess it's not that much of a mandatory mod. XD

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Wait, Primed Fury was the 200 day reward?

I didn't even realize I had it. Guess it's not that much of a mandatory mod. XD

Well you do swing your sword faster but to fit a maxed primed fury I have to forma every single melee weapon again as everything is maxed out in my end. 

4 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Well you do swing your sword faster but to fit a maxed primed fury I have to forma every single melee weapon again as everything is maxed out in my end. 

I can see it being important for some min maxing builds, but overall, it's more of an investment than most people are willing to make.