Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

9 minutes ago, TaleTeller said:

Y'know, if this were a game where you Have To have the best of the best latest gear and mods to get by, I'd see the point in a catch-up system. But it's not. You can do any kind of mission without the prime mods or Z-weapons.

Sure they help, but the regular versions of the mods help too, and in most missions you'll have teammate with you, and they'll help more than a mod will.

Or, y'know, lemme put it this way: what can you do with a login reward weapon/mod that you can't do without them? People were playing raids and 1-hour survivals waaaay before any of these things got implemented, so really, I don't see the point.

Pc founder, Mastery 24 Decent login day. Yes it might just be there but for the people that want it waiting that long just seems a bit much anyone that understands warframe game mechanics and easily abuse em to last nearly forever in a endless mission just because you can doesn't mean you will or even if it will be fun. Just like the vaulted prime parts can be bought from players with plat at the very least at least there not time locked out of content that they can play around with.

And the biggest issue just logging in and out for the players that are able to doesn't support the game. THE ONES THAT SUPPORT THE GAME ARE THE ONES THAT ACTUALLY LOGIN AND PLAY. Not login and get off that what I hate about it the most

I'm of the opinion that the login system in general not a good thing and it fails in the goal of keeping players active. The issue of players having to log in every day for several years to get certain rewards is only going to get worse as they keep adding new milestones for the players who have logged in every single day since the system was implemented.

That said, unless it gets replaced with something else, I would like a play-based method of catching up. I'm the sort of person who logs in every day, but there are days when I can't possibly log in so I've gotten behind. I think rewarding players for actually playing the game is a good idea.

It's a shame the person whose idea was read on the stream suggested paying to catch up, since that was so easily rejected. I'd been thinking of suggesting mission-based login catch ups for a while.

I think they should cap the login milestones at 1000 days. It's a nice even milestone, but I'm not sure what they could do afterwards to replace it, if anything.

As for catching up, they could do some kind of alert (global or maybe personal) that appears once a month or two weeks. The mission premise could involve a tear in time similar to how the Void Fissures appear. While on this mission you are in an area where time passes relatively slower (so the solar system may have days while you experience hours or minutes).  Maybe give it a duration like 8-12 hours to make it likely everyone has a chance to get it, but not guaranteed.

The logins passed could either be some static amount like 10-15, or it could depend on how long you can last in the mission. If it was mission duration dependent, then it would probably need to be capped. Perhaps the most days you could earn is the number of days within an alert cycle.

On 25-7-2017 at 3:01 AM, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod. Perhaps it's time to revisit the login reward method, maybe make it a 30 day cycle where you can pick what mod or weapon you want at the end of each cycle? 

Any better ideas? 

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards. It doesn't exactly feel motivating to know that you need to log in 600 days to get Primed Shred, or 300 days to get Zenistar. And there's currently literally nothing you can do to make those time-gates shorter, unlike in the rest of the game where you can pay plat to rush something, or use plat to buy a vaulted item from another player. 

--

Do you like the way login rewards are right now? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13525030

he i mean im a new player and cant go play it every day and im fine with how it is now

On 8/23/2017 at 8:50 AM, Andaius said:

Steam says that I have 2406 hours logged in Warframe been playing since Cryotic was introduced so like 2.5 years or so? I'm at something like 389 days ln my daily log tally. So yeah I don't log in every day I've missed plenty of days. I log in to play warframe, not to farm log in rewards. Lets face it the games is plenty easy with out any primed mods in the first place so getting those "OP" log prime mods don't really mean much at all.

Yep.  I didn't even realize I had one Of them lol

35 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

In the most recent dev stream, DE said no to login catch-up mechanics and changing the login system as it is in any way. Having this conversation is pointless.

DE also said at one point that there'd be no dancing in Warframe ever. Cue Octavia.

It's not necessarily pointless. There is always a chance they'll change their minds, particularly if the playerbase is in favour. Besides, it's not like we're not allowed to talk about things that are pointless.

That being said, I'm neutral on the issue.

14 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

what stream was this?

13 hours ago, (PS4)pietyu said:

This it was the 96th dev stream not to sure.

13 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

The most recent devstream they talked about it I believe.

Personally, the login system is fine the way it is.

Devstream #97 around minute 47. Steve specifically mentioned that he would not like to have a "pay-to-progress" catch-up system since DE must always be careful to maintain the transparency of their free to play model, he did not discuss about other mechanics (or their possibility) but rather discarded the idea of catching up by paying Platinum (as the OP correctly mentioned). 

Sheldon (as far as I remember) commented that it would be disrespectful for somebody just 3  log-in days away from a Milestone to suddenly realize that there is a catch-up way however unless you are logging-in only to get the milestone rewards (which I would consider questionable in the first place) there is no such a disappointment other than the natural frustration for the waiting.

In my opinion, the whole Daily Tribute system needs some CATCH-UP, receiving 50 Endo at this point of the game is honestly:

giphy.gif

Edited by RubenRosas

I am Glade that people agree there should be a catch-up system in place. Honestly I believe they Flat Out discarded the idea is only because it was PAY YO CATCH UP. 

It might be frustrating for the ones that have nearly every login since the new system was released but if they give a reward for being up to date on the logins that would end some of the  negative parts to it in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind a catch-up system, as long as it's hard capped.

Like, after you get your daily login, F2P can sacrifice their reward to advance one more day, ONCE PER DAY. 

I am not saying I am in favor of it, but I mull over the option of paying e.g. 20 plat to advance an extra day, but only if you don't sacrifice the reward. So payers don't advance faster than F2P, but get to keep the reward, where FsP don't. Exclusive rewards can't be sacrificed.

But that's a MAYBE. Not sure it would be cool. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

16 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

I wouldn't mind a catch-up system, as long as it's hard capped.

Like, after you get your daily login, F2P can sacrifice their reward to advance one more day, ONCE PER DAY. 

I am not saying I am in favor of it, but I mull over the option of paying e.g. 20 plat to advance an extra day, but only if you don't sacrifice the reward. So payers don't advance faster than F2P, but get to keep the reward, where FsP don't. Exclusive rewards can't be sacrificed.

But that's a MAYBE. Not sure it would be cool. 

I don't think I explicitly said that there's a hard cap to it but I feel that how ever they do it the only way it will work is if its capped to one extra day for that day.

If they did it like a alert monthly you can't get more then those day in that month... I might not love that idea but its better then nothing.

Y'all need to quit with these dumb login catch up threads. It's not that hard to log in the game everyday for two seconds to get closer to the next milestone. DE has said time and time again that they're not going to change it so it's best to drop it, move on and play the game.

You don't absolutely need the login rewards to make your game better- they're just more items to give you a few more options for building and modding. For example, I have had prime vigor for ages now. Did I need it as if my life depended on it? No. Do I use it? Not really that much. Does it improve my game play? Nope. The same could be applied to all of the milestones (give or take the zenistar but you get that at around 300 so it's not that bad).

3 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Dont think there should be catchup days because it defeats the purpose of having a daily login reward.

I'm not a fan of putting weapons and unique mods in the rewards though. I'd much rather see DE remove those prime mods and unique weapons.

I don't see a problem with the unique stuff. After all they aren't OP must have weapons to begin with. Primed mods aren't really that much better then non-primed ones in the greater scheme of things. They pretty much are just "cool" extras.

Literaly everything you get from login rewards (excluding potatoes) are non-mandatory stuff... E.g. Soldisk weapons which has niches, primed mods which cpunterpart's still ok (not like how flow and primed flow can be so different, you'd be okay with just the normal fury), sigils, and some sliced tomatoes.

1 hour ago, CarrotSalad said:

Dont think there should be catchup days because it defeats the purpose of having a daily login reward.

I'm not a fan of putting weapons and unique mods in the rewards though. I'd much rather see DE remove those prime mods and unique weapons.

I really don't see how it defeats the purpose of a login system. Being able to catch up isn't a big deal. Whats going to happen to anyone getting back into the game wanting something that takes over a 1000 days to login. The whole point is to give an extra reward for the player then do their daily login and play the game to get an extra login or reward if there caught up and it astounds me that some people don't get the whole point is about milestones this has nothing to do about the daily rewards such as coupons...exc..  

All the rewards may not be needed to make great weapon or primed mods... But how it is now basically it makes your life revolve around the game so if to keep up with your daily login. I feel for the people who can't. Honestly I feel most of the people who say no just lets there EGO get in the way. On my ps4 account the I it will take another 4 months to get primed shred. 

All in all I would love the dev to brainstorm a few idea and take a poll to so what the whole  real player base really thinking about it.

I would not want a system where people can pay to catch up.

That said, I would not mind a system where if you are offline for an extended period, your returning is granted some loyalty.  As such may be when you return, you get one out of every three days you were absent.  So if life took a toll and you were off for two months, when you return you would get 10 days plus the current day.

I think this is pretty fair.  Sure people may never come back.  But I am not sure how people can complain when it is fair for any that are offline due to unforeseen circumstances.  At least then you get something.