Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

I agree that this login reward system is preety unfair, especially in my current position. I have played Warframe, preety much since the beginning and it has always been my fave game. My biggest problem is - I got seriously ill shortly before they implemented the login progression milestones and all the mods/weapons rewards and I spent well over a year in hospital, not beeing able to log in to progress it. I am slowly catching up right now, still it seems to be unfair, that there are people who didn't even spent half of the time I did in the game and yet they are further with their rewards...

For me a reasonable solution would be:

You can advance ammount of days equal to your MR once, every 7 days for the price of a Forma or Exilus Adapter. So for example an MR 21 player can advance the logon progress (catch up) 21 days, every 7 days. It may seem alot, but if you look at it this way - to progress a whole year forward (365 days) an MR 21 would still need around 17-18 weeks (over 4 months and 18 formas, or Exilus Adapters).

Edited by Wolfiusz

18 hours ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

Y'all need to quit with these dumb login catch up threads. 

I wish people would stop attacking topics they disagree with.

Most people here know what DE said.  Where is the harm in discussing posibilties anyway?  That is one of the functions of an open forum, isn't it?

Take RedSkittlz' Warframe concept.  DE said it wasn't coming in game as is, but people have been taking about it for years now, even though many have said the same thing - DE said no, it's dumb, stop talking about it, this Will never happen.

You know that "let people enjoy things" meme?  Well, let people talk about things.

If DE truly doesn't want us talking about it, it'll get a lock on sight like Excal Prime threads do.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:33 AM, Mr._Clean said:

On the one hand the login system only requires you to log in, not actually play, so it's very easy to progress. On the other hand the fact that dedicated rewards extend past 100-200 days is just ridiculous.

Yes, you don't need primed mods, yes you don't NEED the weapons and whatever else is to come with the milestones, but they exist, they make your gear better (in a gear building system that matters whether it makes stuff easier or not) and they are worth mastery rank points. Finding out that you need to log in ever day for nearly 3 years to acquire these (with no end in sight of the dedicated milestones) is incredibly discouraging.

My vote would be to abolish the login system past 150 days (or some reasonable amount of days) and find a way to incorporate all the other stuff into the game normally.

Right there with you.

I would be fine with a catch up system, as long as they remove the sought after items from the reward list (bye Z weapons, bye primed mods) and place them somewhere else instead.

That way you end up no "needing" it, fixes the issue and then it just doesnt matter if you have 3+years playing the game or 2 days in.

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

Right there with you.

I would be fine with a catch up system, as long as they remove the sought after items from the reward list (bye Z weapons, bye primed mods) and place them somewhere else instead.

That way you end up no "needing" it, fixes the issue and then it just doesnt matter if you have 3+years playing the game or 2 days in.

You don't "need" them in the first place. The "Z" weapons aren't better then anything else you can get much easier. Neither are the prime mods. You can pretty much do just as well with non- primed stuff.  The only problem is the "I want it now screw everyone else that had to work there way to it! who cares all the time you spent I just joined 2 seconds ago gimme gimme gimme what you have!"

Some mod please close this thread there is already a topic open for it

and as the DEVELOPERS have already stated,  THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES TO LOGIN REWARDS, no catchup mechanics, deal with it and move on and stop flooding the forums and giving people false hope.

The only "catch up" mechanic I think could work would be one that gives you credits for days in between log in. Like if you missed a month of logins, then it's possible to make up 1/5 of those days or something.

But in no way should someone who hasn't had the game for 600 days be in any way eligible for the 600 day reward.

Edited by Hypernaut1

On 2017-08-26 at 5:57 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

The only "catch up" mechanic I think could work would be one that gives you credits for days in between log in. Like if you missed a month of logins, then it's possible to make up 1/5 of those days or something.

But in no way should someone who hasn't had the game for 600 days be in any way eligible for the 600 day reward.

they've already said that they would not touch the login system. they've even said it on a devstream to prove a point

honestly, it's not that hard to log in for 600 days to get primed shred,

the answer is set in stone

see you in 600 days

2 hours ago, Infernox658 said:

they've already said that they would not touch the login system. they've even said it on a devstream to prove a point

honestly, it's not that hard to log in for 600 days to get primed shred,

the answer is set in stone

see you in 600 days

"We will never do open world"

"Braton Vandal is exclusive to Closed Beta Testers"

"PvP will not be part of this game"

It's DE, nothing is set in stone outside of the Founders items.

Edited by MagPrime

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

They have a recent track record of not budging on things that required effort or large amounts of time.

Hema.

*sound of band-aid being painfully ripped off*

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Gonna have to expand on that one.  From what I remember, they changed the requirements to obtain it after they realized it was unreasonable initially.

They stuck to their guns on not letting everyone have it available to them despite massive forum outcry of how, "unfair," it was that only specific clans were going to win it. I'd say that's pretty fitting to what I'm trying to convey.

Yeah, I don't have a ton of stuff to throw at you to say, "see, I'm right!" I'll admit that much. Pretty much just those two. But those two are also the only really controversial things to the level that the forums seem to want to play up the log-in rewards, lately.

Just now, Chipputer said:

They stuck to their guns on not letting everyone have it available to them despite massive forum outcry of how, "unfair," it was that only specific clans were going to win it. I'd say that's pretty fitting to what I'm trying to convey.

Yeah, I don't have a ton of stuff to throw at you to say, "see, I'm right!" I'll admit that much. Pretty much just those two. But those two are also the only really controversial things to the level that the forums seem to want to play up the log-in rewards, lately.

How was it unfair?  The majority of Shadow clans were able to obtain the BP.  Hek, my little clan did it with less than half the members participating.

However, my point is that DE is willing to change things after they've been around for awhile and "set in stone" has yet to be proven, beyond Founders items that is. And even then, IIRC, that's mainly because of legalities.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

How was it unfair?

I dunno, ask the forums. They were the ones dropping all of their spaghetti.

I'm not too keen on thinking DE will change the log in reward system based on this, "effort should remain rewarded," thing they've been doing, though. That doesn't mean that I don't think they might change future rewards for 700 days and onward, however, to appease the outcry. I also think they should do that whether they think it's a good idea or not. I can't imagine the salt if they start releasing Primed Zeni-weapons.

Just now, Chipputer said:

I dunno, ask the forums. They were the ones dropping all of their spaghetti.

.-.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

I'm not too keen on thinking DE will change the log in reward system based on this, "effort should remain rewarded," thing they've been doing, though. That doesn't mean that I don't think they might change future rewards for 700 days and onward, however, to appease the outcry. I also think they should do that whether they think it's a good idea or not.

I'm not keen on it either.  Been here long enough to know it may be a year or more before they consider making any changes.  One of the things I've liked the most about DE is that they make changes that are in the games best interest and just ride out the mobs hue and cry. 

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I can't imagine the salt if they start releasing Primed Zeni-weapons.

plsno

They wont even change the hema cost after all this time. And you think they will change the login reward system just to appease the "I WANT IT NOW!" crowds? Being at 550 days myself im in no rush and neither should anyone else be. You'll get it eventually, use the alternatives in the meantime. It is as simple as that.

Let me preface this by saying Im currently at over 450 days logged in, I missed some days on and off cos life and junk. And heres the real deal. The fact is if this system stays the same I will be 150 days behind untill the day this game dies. I will never "earn it" because its not possible. And having a content wall that can never be breached even with perfect dedication is still kind of galling

13 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I don't really see them as comparable to the login system, more as expansions to gameplay that became possible whith new resources.

Better examples would be their stance on issues like nullifiers or vacuum. They won't change it just because of whining.

Maybe purchasing a Prime Access pack could skip the counter forward, say, 100 days (up to the nearest 100 days normally possible).  That would:

1. Give newer players a way to access the better items sooner.
  2. Give returning veterans a way to catch up (could also be applied retroactively to past prime access purchases).
  3. Give players a new incentive to make purchases that support the game.

9 minutes ago, polarity said:

Maybe purchasing a Prime Access pack could skip the counter forward, say, 100 days (up to the nearest 100 days normally possible).  That would:

2. Give returning veterans a way to catch up (could also be applied retroactively to past prime access purchases).

As DE Steve said. Paing for progression feel "icky". I think if hes going to be open to this idea it needs to avoid Platinum as much as possible and Real currency at all costs

On 8/26/2017 at 3:40 PM, Knight_Ex said:

Some mod please close this thread there is already a topic open for it

and as the DEVELOPERS have already stated,  THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES TO LOGIN REWARDS, no catchup mechanics, deal with it and move on and stop flooding the forums and giving people false hope.

yeah but you know this is how whiney the new gen of gamers are .... they rather get things easy * ie pay for dlc , rather than earn it like  old schoolers back in the day *

im over the crying of these users, without getting a trophy ...its a game , either you like it and play for fun  or you leave the account to stagnate for years *ie MY OLD WOW account*

28 minutes ago, polarity said:

Why would a "new player" that let's say 5 days be "equal" to some one thats spent 600 days to get there primed shred. Why is it that if you don't participate you can get the same prize? Cosmetics, prime access, trading, and resources are what makes DE all the money. Fashion frame and building stuff is the incentive.

Your proposed method is the most as steve put it "icky" way to put in a real "pay to win" system.

Edited by Andaius