Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

It would be nice to have some sort of catch up mechanism, like skip tokens that allow you to skip 5 days without the rewards, only up to the current max day.

But these tokens should be very hard to get in some way.

Edited by Enxel

10 hours ago, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod.

Gee whiz, you mean they'll have to do the same thing the rest of us did to get the same rewards?

You're right, that sounds totally unfair!

[/s]

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Here is the flaw with your argument.

These are login rewards not age rewards. They are rewards for playing and being active, you don't play you are at a standstill. Just be glad they didn't go the horrid MMO route of requiring consecutive days to get rewards.

And no you should not be able to pay your way to catching up because that defeats the purpose of rewarding you for being an active player.

except you would still be rewarded, because you got something for free what others had to pay for, that is a reward

11 hours ago, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod. Perhaps it's time to revisit the login reward method, maybe make it a 30 day cycle where you can pick what mod or weapon you want at the end of each cycle? 

Any better ideas? 

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards. It doesn't exactly feel motivating to know that you need to log in 600 days to get Primed Shred, or 300 days to get Zenistar. And there's currently literally nothing you can do to make those time-gates shorter, unlike in the rest of the game where you can pay plat to rush something, or use plat to buy a vaulted item from another player. 

--

Do you like the way login rewards are right now? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13525030

no. I don't think so.

First, those mods are optional, they're not needed to a build. They can easily be swapped out or not. Secondly, if you're talking about the weapons, for example, having the weapons is  a show of loving the game and playing it all the time.

I think the login system is great, it means you ACTUALLY have to remain in the game and play everyday in order to get these items.

What I would suggest is not to add anymore prime mods into the future logins cause then it just becomes way too far away. But keep adding weapons and such.

11 hours ago, eksby said:

No one really needs it, per se, but it does feel extraordinarily crappy to not be able to get a mod or weapon that your friend has but you can't get because you just started out. I just got a friend into Warframe, and they're pretty bummed out that they won't be able to get the Zenistar until they log in for another 300 days. That's almost literally a year of logging in every single day until they can play with a pretty cool weapon. 

I agree with you that there needs to be an end to it, and soon. Either that, or there needs to be a rework of the login milestones, because right now there is nothing these new players (or even veterans, who haven't logged in every day) can do to get those extremely time-locked weapons and mods besides log in every day for literal years. 

dude, who cares if it feels crappy. That's the whole point in a way. If you're a new player, you should EXPECT to come across players that have stuff you'll never get or not get in a long time.

It's way more prominent in many other games. Dota has skins and characters and such that will take dedication and years of gameplay to get, warframe has it as well, just be glad we have it to a less degree.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I do think it needs to stop though. IMO roughly two years should be the hard cutoff point for anything that provides mastery or increases your warframe or weapons power. My suggestion to DE would be to make the 50 increment packages a little more desirable for vets. 100 level rewards should be like, sundial themed cosmetics or something, that you can only get from logging in enough. 

I have heard some people talk about locking a frame behind login rewards and it is easily the worst idea I have ever heard. I fear DE will try to add a shotgun sundial weapon or something though, locked behind then next 100 days, I hope not though. We really don't need to lock mastery stuff behind 2+ years of logging in. 

idm. I would actually love this tbh. It means that I would have something exclusive to being incredibly dedicated to the game. I login almost every single day and have only missed probably, 1.5 weeks worth of logins, so being able to show off a weapon or frame that takes TRUE dedication to get would be awesome.

Login rewards are part of the system to lure players back into the game, it combines with extractors, foundry timers, argon and a few other mechanics.

You can't rush extractors, you can't rush argon, the only thing you can rush is the foundry timers, question is, should you be able to rush the login rewards?

I say no, you want them, you login, that simple.

Edited by KIREEK

10 hours ago, dmantacos said:

Believe me i understand the collector mentality. I am MR 23

only MR 23? If you're a collector with supposedly everything, shouldn't you be MR 24? I'm the same as you, but MR 24. Not as many rivens though, cause even daily sortie RNG seems to hate me :( :(

This is a very simple thing to solve.

Change the system so that once you reach 100 days you can choose any of the main rewards (the 3 weapons or the 3 prime mods), once you choose a reward, that one becomes unavailable for you. Then you have to reach another 100 days to be able to choose again another reward.
This way new players can get the newest stuff once they reach the first 100 days (but they'll still have to keep playing in order to get all the rewards), this simply allows them to be able to choose what they want and in what order. 
This also would allow for DE to keep adding rewards at the x00 milestones, and the new players, again, would not be left out since they can choose the newest stuff once they reach the first 100 days.

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

Secondly, if you're talking about the weapons, for example, having the weapons is  a show of loving the game and playing it all the time.

There are plenty of people that log-in get their reward and log off. There are plenty of days where I don't have time to play or don't want to and I log in just to increase the counter. The current system doesn't really promote playing the game, since you don't have to actually play. So it's not always a love of the game but feeling an obligation to log on solely to get closer to rewards.

30 minutes ago, LeaserResael said:

Change the system so that once you reach 100 days you can choose any of the main rewards (the 3 weapons or the 3 prime mods), once you choose a reward, that one becomes unavailable for you. Then you have to reach another 100 days to be able to choose again another reward.
This way new players can get the newest stuff once they reach the first 100 days (but they'll still have to keep playing in order to get all the rewards), this simply allows them to be able to choose what they want and in what order. 
This also would allow for DE to keep adding rewards at the x00 milestones, and the new players, again, would not be left out since they can choose the newest stuff once they reach the first 100 days.

I think this is a pretty good compromise. Rewards log term players and new players alike.

Since vets probably wouldn't want new players getting the newest offering right away maybe give 3 options. So at 100 its the first 3 rewards, at 200 the next 3. So at most you could pick the reward 200 days ahead.

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

only MR 23? If you're a collector with supposedly everything, shouldn't you be MR 24? I'm the same as you, but MR 24. Not as many rivens though, cause even daily sortie RNG seems to hate me :( :(

First off I just plain straight up didn't say this so maybe try reading

i was relating to my arcane collection which is directly under that not MR, MR is a measure of how much time you spend in bere or draco lol nobody cares about MR.

There are wayyy more difficult things to collect than mastery points lol. Some people collect rivens some people collect mr some people collect arcane helmets. I'm glad that out of the entire discussion the only thing you could contribute was your mastery rank.  

Edited by dmantacos

14 hours ago, eksby said:

600 days to get Primed Shred means a new player will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod. Perhaps it's time to revisit the login reward method, maybe make it a 30 day cycle where you can pick what mod or weapon you want at the end of each cycle? 

Any better ideas? 

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards. It doesn't exactly feel motivating to know that you need to log in 600 days to get Primed Shred, or 300 days to get Zenistar. And there's currently literally nothing you can do to make those time-gates shorter, unlike in the rest of the game where you can pay plat to rush something, or use plat to buy a vaulted item from another player. 

--

Do you like the way login rewards are right now? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13525030

New players shouldn't be concerned about veteran rewards.

Can't wait 600 days too bad.

9 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

So the new player is massively disadvantaged by not having an extra 1m of PT and 25% more RoF?

Apparently.

Despite the fact that we've all gotten along pretty well for over four years without the august presence of Primed Shred.

Who knew?

The simple fact is if you log in regularly, you'll get this. Yeah, it'll take time. So do a lot of things. Best get started.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

There are plenty of people that log-in get their reward and log off. There are plenty of days where I don't have time to play or don't want to and I log in just to increase the counter. The current system doesn't really promote playing the game, since you don't have to actually play. So it's not always a love of the game but feeling an obligation to log on solely to get closer to rewards.

I think this is a pretty good compromise. Rewards log term players and new players alike.

Since vets probably wouldn't want new players getting the newest offering right away maybe give 3 options. So at 100 its the first 3 rewards, at 200 the next 3. So at most you could pick the reward 200 days ahead.

I, for one, don't care if new players could choose the newest stuff. I mean, they'll still lack all the other x00 rewards released, which vets all have.

I think it's the best of both worlds, vets who've been playing for long already have all the login rewards and get the newest ones as they're released, meanwhile new players can choose any of the already released rewards each 100 days, but still will have to play 600 days (taking right now as an example) to get all the rewards.

The main point is for them to be able to choose what reward to get, so that they don't feel like "I need to play 600 days to get x", just play 100 and choose whatever you want. If you want the rest of the rewards... Well you'll have to keep login in like every other player has been doing for the past 2 years since that system was added (which is fair).

I think that it kinda limits the player's progress very slightly. It doesn't do much except Primed Fury but other than that, nothing. The Azima is pretty useless. The Zenistar is a Meh weapon. The Zenith is a (there are better weapons) weapon. Every thing is else is not very useful. Prime Vigor, it's not recommended to use that. Primed Shred is a mod that will probably sit in my inventory and never be used. Yeah so the mods there are not really mandatory but are more or less compiling a bunch of not so useful stuff.

I dont remember seeing these many thread for login reward for Primed Vigor or the other primed mod i dont remember; neither for the weapons. Suddenly i see a lot of threads talking about how bad login reward it is cuz of Primed Shred. Im wondering how many thread would be here if the mod were Primed maglev instead, not that i care much about what mod is it either.

The system to get it is not the best. But most of the people here is "I want it now" kind of people. For most of the people that is close to 600 days, these ammount of days are meaningless, it could 800/1000 for what i personally care. Somebody that has sticked to the game long enough knows how this game works, where everything will reach to you eventually. The mod is not even that good.

New players says its impossible to get, but is not, just take time, you can have the normal shred in the meantime; and if you stick long enough to the game you will be rewarded with the primed version. If you didnt like the game or just got bored and then leavet, then its perfect cuz you wont need the mod after all.

For me this mod is like the riven, cool to have but not even remotely neccesary for the game, what these mods give you is just at most 5 to 20 minutes of more kills on and endless mission, where at the end you will depend on CC and other abilities. Or can any of you tell me on which scenary primed shred is neccesary over the normal version.

6 hours ago, dmantacos said:

MR is a measure of how much time you spend in bere or draco lol nobody cares about MR.

um.... I never go to bere. I stopped months ago....

When a new weapon or frame comes out, I go play with it for a couple of days. I level it, I test multiple builds on it, and I max it out. I do this with every weapon. That's what you should do if you want to be truly high level. Also, I care about MR, but I care about achieving it only after I've mastered the new items.
Bere or, before, Draco players were not proper players. And they weren't at what MR their account showed. They played warframe just to level a weapon and chuck in the bin. It is an extremely boring way to play and I feel sorry for those players. If you or anyone else wants to play properly and enjoy the game, take each new weapon and frame slowly. Savour the flavour as one might say. Draw out the experience and ACTUALLY play with the weapon for a couple of days before coming up with your own build and your own playstyle. The recent guad melee weapon (forgot the actual spelling), I played with all this time, since it first came out, and I have been loving it. I've maxed out the build to my playstyle and it's fuc!king amazing!

And I get what you mean, sorry to misunderstand. I realise you're not MR 24 :P