Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, eksby said:

will have to log in every day for almost two years just to get that mod.

logins don't have to be consecutive though. they can miss days and still keep plodding slowly towards the target. and logging in and then back out takes about 2-3 mins, depending on loading time.

as others have said, the Login system is for rewarding loyalty, nothing else. the mods and weapons it gives are simply luxuries: yes they are Primed mods, and the weapons are decent, but anyone can get by without Primed Shred and a Zenith. I suppose DE could make the rewards tradeable, but how much do you think they'll go for on Trade Chat? way more than most people can afford I'll bet. newer players don't need to worry about logins anyway, they should be looking at unlocking things and expanding their arsenal, collecting resources and trying out new frames and such. they'll get the rewards eventually.

5 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Some people just login and out, like I do on Marvel Heroes.

That is not loyalty.

As I said, should be based on time played.

You can easily just let the game run and get the rewards. This is not better. 

Having them being rewarded just for creating an account a long time ago is just as bad. At least daily log in requires some engagement that cant be cheated. 

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Having them being rewarded just for creating an account a long time ago is just as bad. At least daily log in requires some engagement that cant be cheated. 

Playtime isn't counted when out of mission though. You can't just log in and sit on the liset racking up playtime.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, eksby said:

Edit: This isn't about needing the weapons or mods, but about how it feels for a new player when they see they will have to wait literal years to get something they might want in the login milestone awards.

Players are obtaining the items now so the items would be obtainable later.

1 hour ago, Jobistober said:

In all the recent debate about login rewards, THIS is the most reasonable suggestion I've heard.

What? No way. That's ridiculous. You would have afk farms for play time. 

The system is just fine the way it is. Logging in to make progress is fine. Having to stay logged in arbitrary for an hour to make progress is not

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What? No way. That's ridiculous. You would have afk farms for play time. 

The system is just fine the way it is. Logging in to make progress is fine. Having to stay logged in arbitrary for an hour to make progress is not

The issue you state is easy to counter.

Either way, I'm not saying the change is necessary. I'm in agreement that the system is fine as is, I'm just saying that's the most reasonable suggestion I've seen anyone come up with yet, especially in comparison to all the ludicrous "catch up" mechanics suggested.

4 hours ago, Imniscor said:

That is not loyalty.

4 hours ago, aligatorno said:

How about in-mission time, like the percent usage for favorite frame, primary, secondary, and companion on your profile?

Just having the game active and sitting in your liset wouldn't count.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

It's entirely possible that the current system isn't broken and is serving the purpose DE wants it to serve. Sure, maybe some people log-in and don't play just to bump the counter, but I'm sure others see an alert they want to do, or decide to complete the sortie, etc. something they might not have otherwise done that day.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's entirely possible that the current system isn't broken and is serving the purpose DE wants it to serve. Sure, maybe some people log-in and don't play just to bump the counter, but I'm sure others see an alert they want to do, or decide to complete the sortie, etc. something they might not have otherwise done that day.

Considering the system has been in place for 600 days  now, I have to assume it is working as intended lol.  People just want everything, and get angry when they can't have it. Plus I am pretty sure the reason this wasn't a constant complaint is that Prime Shred is the mod in question.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

60 plat for 3 riven slots... I can already see what Steve would put as the price for something he REALY didn't want in the game lol. 20 plat a day. 12000 plat to go from 0 to 600 lol.

:3 want to skip ? gonna get ripped !

On 7/25/2017 at 9:17 AM, Sean said:

I've always liked the idea that if a player can maintain a streak for some certain amount of time, then they'll progress through the login rewards at a quicker pace. The higher the streak, then the higher the "multiplier", all up to the actual cap that is the current max number of days possible.

I have no problems with how log in rewards are handled but this is a good idea.

5 hours ago, Imniscor said:

That is not loyalty.

That would be good, if some people werent cheaters. Making rooms to just stay there afking in the mission, and moving every 5 minutes to invalid the afk timer (without mentioning bots). There are several roms where you can do this without any enemy coming for you. Thats will going to happen if you change it to that.

Tho i dont particulary support to login rewards, i dont have anything against either, those mods and weapons are meh (They are not giving primed strecth or primed intensify....). Your solution will cause other kind of issues. However it could be ammount of kills, at least you need some kind of interactions with the game and bots would be easily detected with this, but even if i said it, this would bring some problems as well, (Draco issues mostly, i still dont get how people can have fun doing that).

Now for people saying that logging in and out is not loyalty, well think again, will you do this for a game you dont care, for a reward you are not going to use at all. Maybe some people are not the most active players but logging 600 days in a game, i think that says something about liking the game and being loyal to it.

60 plat for 3 riven slots... I can already see what Steve would put as the price for something he REALY didn't want in the game lol. 20 plat a day. 12000 plat to go from 0 to 600 lol.

Even tho its sounds bad, is somehow a solution, but lots of people are going to complain about pay to win...

Edited by Arrectius

On 7/24/2017 at 8:34 PM, eksby said:

You mean, unique items for players who log in every day. I'm a long-time player, but I'm only on day 350 and I've played this game for probably four years...

I don't think anyone can accuse me of not sticking around long enough, even bought Founders. The main problem is, the current login reward system rewards players who are able to log in every day—it doesn't actually reward long time players. 

Just because you started playing four years ago doesn't mean you've put more time into the game than someone who started two years ago. If you're only on day 350 (since the current login reward system was implemented), then you likely haven't played as much as those who are now reaching 600 days.

Some people support the game with money (buying plat and prime access packs), and they are rewarded with quick and easy access to the latest gear (as well as exclusive cosmetics). Others support the game by consistently logging in and playing, keeping the community and in-game economy alive, and they are rewarded with login bonuses. And there's nothing stopping anyone from being in both groups (at least, nothing that DE has any control over). Seems pretty fair to me.