Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

12 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

The daily tribute system was introduced with the Update 18 on December 3rd, 2015.

That's actually cool to know.  It started just a two months before I started playing.  I'm not as far behind 3 year veterans as I originally thought. 

I really don't see how waiting 1-2 years for an item can be viewed as acceptable by so many. Oh, look here is a brand new toy, hope you like it...in two years. Will i still be playing this game in 2 years, will the game shut down in that time? I think that most of the players who are defending this system either don't really care for the rewards or already get them the first couple of days. How would you feel if frames would be offered as login rewards? Would you be willing to wait months or even a year?

In any case any way of exclusivity is bullS#&$. The fact that you were here before me and that is why you are more "loyal", because you logged in more times than i, and are therefore rewarded, even though i have more hours in game, played more missions, have more frames/weapons and formas invested.

I think if we would be offered a "catch up" option this wouldn't be such a problem. Paying resources or even plat to skip those worthless login rewards and only get the milestones. If you want to catch up you'll have to work hard to get resources/platinum meaning that you'll show more devotion to the game. Not to mention that this would be a good resource/plat sink so DE would be happy. 

Either that or like before mentioned token system.

51 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I really don't see how waiting 1-2 years for an item can be viewed as acceptable by so many.

The one thing I've learned about this community is that the overwhelming majority view everything from their position in the game.  

For one example: When Uranus' tileset first updated, the Ballistaes had greater armor than the heavy gunners - most posters had no issue with it and would just say "git gud," because they had mods and weapons that hit so hard they one shot everything already.  They didn't really care to think of it from the perspective of someone moving through the star chart for the first time, or at best using sub par equipment.   It didn't matter if the ballistae being tougher than the heavy gunner from a design stand point was conceptually wrong either, because they themselves were already at the point where they couldn't tell the difference and didn't care past that point.

It should be noted a lot of people fine with the current state of daily logins are already close to the current peak of logins.  "I did it/am doing it, so why can't you?"  Not all, but a lot.

Coincidentally it should be easy to see why DE is more concerned with the newbie's experience and feedback than the long term player's feedback.

Edited by Littleman88
Clarity and reeling in some jabs.

2 hours ago, Regenance said:

DE should calculate the days and make them miss the exact day reward and get which day they logged in reward, like if I registered in specific time, I'd get a reward from that specific time, and if I log off after some time, which like if I log off and come back after a year, I will get the 300 days reward instead of all the rewards I could've gotten if I logged in at that time. hope you catch me.

So like I make an account today and play a few days, then I come back next year after not playing for 300 days. And I go straight to the day 300 reward? And I miss the day 100 weapon and the day 200 primed mod?

No offense but that is the worst idea I have ever seen in regards to the login system.

If people want those sweet sweet login things they should have to log in every day. Just like everyone else did. No catch up mechanic, no skipping with plat and no tokens

Let just make it even and every new account get 1 copy of every mod in the game,  5 million of each resource , 500 plat  , 50 mil credits , 20 of each relic , max void traces and all the login rewards from day 1 to present,  Then we don't have ppl that need to wait they can craft as much as they want the first week they play and have all the best mods to use.  I think that sound the most fair then they not so far behind and they can feel like a veteran on day 1.

Oh and give them mastery rank 24 allso so they don't fall behind.

Edited by Emolition

18 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

The one thing I've learned about this community is that the overwhelming majority view everything from their position in the game.  

For one example: When Uranus' tileset first updated, the Ballistaes had greater armor than the heavy gunners - most posters had no issue with it and would just say "git gud," because they had mods and weapons that hit so hard they one shot everything already.  They didn't really care to think of it from the perspective of someone moving through the star chart for the first time, or at best using sub par equipment.   It didn't matter if the ballistae being tougher than the heavy gunner from a design stand point was conceptually wrong either, because they themselves were already at the point where they couldn't tell the difference and didn't care past that point.

It should be noted a lot of people fine with the current state of daily logins are already close to the current peak of logins.  "I did it/am doing it, so why can't you?"  Not all, but a lot.

Coincidentally it should be easy to see why DE is more concerned with the newbie's experience and feedback than the long term player's feedback.

I can agree with a good bit of this post.  I have an Alt account that I specifically created just to experience the "New Player" aspect following the changes made in the SoR update.  Even viewing it from both perspectives, I still thing there is nothing wrong at all with the current login rewards system.  Only ones I can see really having a problem with it are those that "Want It NOW!" minded individuals. 

10 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Let just make it even and every new account get 1 copy of every mod in the game,  5 million of each resource , 500 plat  , 50 mil credits , 20 of each relic , max void traces and all the login rewards from day 1 to present,  Then we don't have ppl that need to wait they can craft as much as they want the first week they play and have all the best mods to use.  I think that sound the most fair then they no so far behind and they can feel like a veteran on day 1.

Oh and give them mastery rank 24 allso so they don't fall behind.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Only ones I can see really having a problem with it are those that "Want It NOW!" minded individuals.

Most people on this thread are not saying "give me everything now" 

They are saying make it possible for any player to earn these items in a reasonable time.

2 years is not a reasonable time to block something that has power/mastery value.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Most people on this thread are not saying "give me everything now" 

They are saying make it possible for any player to earn these items in a reasonable time.

2 years is not a reasonable time to block something that has power/mastery value.

And what is this reasonable time frame?  That is the real question.  I don't think it should be too short. 

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

And what is this reasonable time frame?  That is the real question.  I don't think it should be too short. 

I agree that is the real question, and is probably why people can't agree on this.

My thought (I posted it earlier in the thread) is that every 100 days (just over 3 months if you log in every day) you get to choose one of 3 rewards.

First 100 - 3 rewards would be the 100, 200, and 300 rewards. 

200 - 3 rewards from 100, 200, 300, and 400 (minus the one you chose at 100).

So at most you could get the reward that is 200 days ahead. I see this as a way to meet in the middle, you don't get the most recent right away, but allows newer players to get to the rewards they value faster. Like choose all the weapons and skip the mods.

Basically you'd get to the later rewards at a faster pace but it would take the same amount of time to gain all of the rewards.

11 hours ago, -Trey- said:

Yes, it's so unfair that they have to do what everyone else who obtained those rewards did.

It's fair that they should have to wait as long as everyone else did to get the rewards. My issue is that these rewards affect gameplay instead of just being cosmetics. New playes see a really cool weapon they want to get? Wait over a year. A weapon shouldn't be locked over a year. People waited over a year for those weapons so it wouldn't be fair to those who already had it. So what's the solution? The problem was DE deciding to lock weapons behind daily rewards in the first place. Too late to fix that. The best thing they can do at this point is to not add anymore gameplay affecting rewards in the daily tribute. 

I liked a previous idea someone mentioned. A bonus to consecutive log-ins. Like a gain of +7 days for every perfect week tell you're within ~1-2 months of current max days. It allows for catch-up and it still keeps those that never missed a day still in the lead and have rewards over a month before anyone else.

As this game gets older and older, with rewards far out of practical reach for new comers. I don't think it unfair for some minor catch-up mechanics to enjoy all the content produced. Even with a x2. it will take 2 years for current newcomers to catch up to those around when the system was first implemented.

Eventually, with current methods, it will get to a point when a new player will find out a new log-in reward has a really cool meta mod or gun. but it will be for 1200 days logged in. Game will be what? nearly 8 years old by then. How much longer will it last. Should I bother playing this game that requires so much devotion? Will it even be around another 3 and a half years to EVER get it? What else takes that many years? OH I don't have to worry about it tell I'm "end game"? That takes what, 6 months?

They could also just stop mods and guns from log-in after like 700. and make every 50 afterward a pack you choose. like a riven booster pack, super forma that wont de-level gear pack. whatever.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Git gud by logging in, not sure you understand what git gud means...

Here is the way I look at things:

Imagine you find an awesome new game, see someone who has this cool weapon, that can improve your overall rank (ie mastery rank) in the game. Find out you can't obtain it for 2 years. Wow, so I have to wait 2 years, but in those 2 years what else will you "earn"? I can never catch up, I guess I'll find another game with a more level playing field.

Now imagine that same game, you see someone who has this cool weapon, that can improve your overall rank (ie mastery rank) in the game. You find out it is a 100 day log in reward. Awesome, I love this game so I can definitely log in for 100 days. 

A third scenario, you see someone that has a cool cosmetic/ship/skin. Find out you can't obtain it for 2 years. Oh wow that's great, maybe I can earn that in 2 years.

The reward itself has a hug impact on whether people think it's fair or not. Items that can improve your power or overall rank should never be locked behind such a huge time gate. Making them difficult and time consuming is one thing. But with each new milestone reward they are making them more and more unobtainable for newer players. 

If your playing only to get the login reward weapons then your missing the greater game and all the good stuff in it. Everything can improve your mastery rank and one gun in a reward system isn't going to stop you from reaching the max level. What is there to catch up to except your own over inflated expectations ~ the people who have these things have diligently been logging into get them.

Three Items increase your Rank, in the time it takes for someone to reach those items there will be MANY other things added that do the same thing, some of the others things do increase your capability to do stuff but they are all things that have a normal version that still works and isnt made void by the potential existence of the Primed version.

Re: Frames as login rewards, i was hoping Umbra would be, mildly disappointed its going to be a quest reward (and mainly because i care little for Excalibur and having it in a distant login would mean little to me)

So much damn pandering to the newbies, there is a metric ton of content already available to them. Prime mods are not beginners stuff, they should be in no rush to attain them. 300+ weapons as is, this is a bit rediculous, let them put in the time that the rest of us did.

1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

If your playing only to get the login reward weapons then your missing the greater game and all the good stuff in it. Everything can improve your mastery rank and one gun in a reward system isn't going to stop you from reaching the max level. What is there to catch up to except your own over inflated expectations ~ the people who have these things have diligently been logging into get them.

Three Items increase your Rank, in the time it takes for someone to reach those items there will be MANY other things added that do the same thing, some of the others things do increase your capability to do stuff but they are all things that have a normal version that still works and isnt made void by the potential existence of the Primed version.

Re: Frames as login rewards, i was hoping Umbra would be, mildly disappointed its going to be a quest reward (and mainly because i care little for Excalibur and having it in a distant login would mean little to me)

Your saying in 100 days people are just sitting around waiting for that log in reward? Then they sit around waiting for 200?

In 100 days you could get in theory get and level every single thing currently available in game and max your MR.

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

So much damn pandering to the newbies, there is a metric ton of content already available to them. Prime mods are not beginners stuff, they should be in no rush to attain them. 300+ weapons as is, this is a bit rediculous, let them put in the time that the rest of us did.

Is someone that played for 3 years but could only log in for 100 days a newbie? What about if they logged in for 200?

Is someone that has played for a year and logged in 300 days not a newbie just because they logged in more?

This beginners/newbies argument makes no sense, as most people that are truly beginners/newbies don't actually care about these rewards. It's the players that have played a long time and not logged in as much, or the players that have logged in every day, played a ton of hours and are still so far from the rewards.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Your saying in 100 days people are just sitting around waiting for that log in reward? Then they sit around waiting for 200?

In 100 days you could get in theory get and level every single thing currently available in game and max your MR.

Is someone that played for 3 years but could only log in for 100 days a newbie? What about if they logged in for 200?

Is someone that has played for a year and logged in 300 days not a newbie just because they logged in more?

This beginners/newbies argument makes no sense, as most people that are truly beginners/newbies don't actually care about these rewards. It's the players that have played a long time and not logged in as much, or the players that have logged in every day, played a ton of hours and are still so far from the rewards.

The newbie argument is what was presented by the OP, i was answering that. Now let me ask you this; do you think that someone that has spent more time in the game for 1 year is more or less committed than someone that has spent less time in 2 years?

6 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

The newbie argument is what was presented by the OP, i was answering that. Now let me ask you this; do you think that someone that has spent more time in the game for 1 year is more or less committed than someone that has spent less time in 2 years?

^^This has been the logic that I've been working with while viewing this whole topic.  To me the Login rewards are just that, rewards for diligent players and not necessarily long time players. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

Ive spent 2 years in warframe and I can tell you right now the login system is fine, its incentive to log in everyday which is why it was created, this is the bait to hook you into playing the game, you can argue till your blue in the face and nothing will change, Login rewards are one of those concrete foundations that won't ever change for fear of backlash from the community, which is what will happen if they make any adjustments to the login rewards, those of us that did put the time in would be severely pissed off.  These are not weapons and mods that you need to enjoy the game, this is likely a case of someone wittnessing the zenistar in action and screaming they want that weapon and coming to complain when they found out its a daily login reward and will actually take time to get.

28 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Ok, fair enough on that regarding newbies. I just feel like people have a knee jerk reaction to say don't change it for the newbie without thinking about all the players in between newbie and veteran.

IMO both players are committed. Playing the same game for 2 years shows that you enjoy the game, and continue to return to it even after newer games come out. Logging in for years is big commitment. Playing a single game heavily for a year also shows commitment, because you are choosing to play it more often over other games. So maybe their overall commitment is the same, but in the current system neither player really gets rewarded. A player can log in for 200 days, have a total play time in mission of 10 hours and still get the login rewards. A player can log in for 100 days, play 800 hours, and not be even close to the login rewards.

The only people that are being rewarded are the people that got in early and can log in everyday. 

Edited by (PS4)CaseFace8
typo

17 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Ok, fair enough on that regarding newbies. I just feel like people have a knee jerk reaction to say don't change it for the newbie without thinking about all the players in between newbie and veteran.

IMO both players are committed. Playing the same game for 2 years shows that you enjoy the game, and continue to return to it even after newer games come out. Logging in for years is big commitment. Playing a single game heavily for a year also shows commitment, because you are choosing to play it more often over other games. So maybe their overall commitment is the same, but in the current system neither player really gets rewarded. A player can log in for 200 days, have a total play time in mission of 10 hours and still get the login rewards. A player can log in for 100 days, play 800 hours, and not be even close to the login rewards.

The only people that are being rewarded are the people that got in early and can log in everyday. 

Thats where your wrong, I spent half a year away from warframe due to loss of interest and I still logged in everyday to claim my reward, in one year you can get 365 login rewards, its not that hard, and as stated before login rewards are ways to reward players who stuck with that game and continued to login everyday despite its state at the time,  people complaining about login rewards because they seem difficult to obtain just have to settle with the fact they will always ride backseat to those that started the game early, I missed out on founders for warframe but do you see me complaining about not having access to excalibur prime while some people do? Nope, and unlike these login rewards I have absolutely no means to getting excalibur prime.   Bottom line is, DE won't always bend over backwards to appease new players, there are some core foundations in warframe that are not to be touched, why do you think login rewards are "non tradeable".

2 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

An advice from a so-called veteran: don' be jealous, don't be greedy, don't act like a child, forget about all the fancy stuff from daily rewards until you actually see them coming soon in your queue.

In all honesty there is so much content for a new player or returning player that login rewards should be the least of their worries.

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Thats where your wrong, I spent half a year away from warframe due to loss of interest and I still logged in everyday to claim my reward, in one year you can get 365 login rewards, its not that hard, and as stated before login rewards are ways to reward players who stuck with that game and continued to login everyday despite its state at the time,  people complaining about login rewards because they seem difficult to obtain just have to settle with the fact they will always ride backseat to those that started the game early, I missed out on founders for warframe but do you see me complaining about not having access to excalibur prime while some people do? Nope, and unlike these login rewards I have absolutely no means to getting excalibur prime.   Bottom line is, DE won't always bend over backwards to appease new players, there are some core foundations in warframe that are not to be touched, why do you think login rewards are "non tradeable".

Logging in everyday for 365 is hard for most people. There is this thing called life that gets in the way sometimes. Ever go on vacation, or had your ISP give you the runaround do you have no internet for several days, or maybe end up sick in bed? Have enough of those days where no matter how much you want to, you can't log in means you are screwed. Tons of people complain about the founder rewards because they are tied to mastery. I play on PS4 so I will never have them. I get that, but does that make it ok to continue the trend? What if right now they decided to reward founders with a new frame. Would you still say oh well, it's fine?

The issue with login rewards is that as the game continues the rewards will gets further and further away for people that can't login everyday (not don't feel like it, can't). What if DE decide to put something really powerful behind those rewards, like primed serration or a weapon that becomes the new meta, or a new warframe. Are you going to say deal with it and play for the next 5 years and you can have it to?  Oh but in those 5 years I'm also going to get X, Y, and Z that are really cool/powerful too, so see you in 10?

In the end DE might not change the system itself, but IMO they need to be very careful with the rewards they choose. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

There is this thing called life that gets in the way sometimes. Ever go on vacation, or had your ISP give you the runaround do you have no internet for several days, or maybe end up sick in bed? Have enough of those days where no matter how much you want to, you can't log in means you are screwed. Tons

This is a case of where you have to make a grown man or grown woman decision.  Is this game more important than real life.  Once you make your decision you then have to accept the consequences of it.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

This is a case of where you have to make a grown man or grown woman decision.  Is this game more important than real life.  Once you make your decision you then have to accept the consequences of it.  

on top of that, I left you 65 days vacation time....365 days a year.....what kind of RL do you have that has more than 65 days of vacation?? Id kill for freedom to do that, Im lucky if my work schedule allows me 4 weeks of vacation time..