Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Dual Pistols

Dark_Sp00n

Hello, fellow Tenno,

I recently had a funny idea:

What if, instead of using the 2nd mouse button to aim your single handed gun that absolutely doesn't benefit from aiming, it shoots another gun you could select and equip in your arsenal?

The cost: no dual wield with glaive weapons, more difficult aim and ammo drops split between the 2 weapons, reload time is the sum of both weapons.

The benefits: more synergy -> more fun and effectiveness. more fire rate if the same weapon is equipped twice. more style. akvasto prime (this one's for you, Shy, although it's not a mag ;) ).

Thanks for reading^^

Edit1: Existing dual weapons would be kept in the game to reduce the amount of work on Mastery and the compensations that would have to be given to players who have forma'd their 1st Dex Furis 15 times, their 2nd 7 times and their 3rd 3 times.

Edit2: Either only the secondary fire of one of the weapons could be used, or the secondary of both at the same time would be used if there is one.

Edited by Dark_Sp00n

So you're talking two different secondaries at the same time; I.e. Lex prime and Sicarus prime or Bronco prime.

This would basically put AK weapons out of the game (not a bad thing i guess) because then you could akimbo any weapon in the game that requires only one hand.

Dual Sonicor
AkBrakk
Dual Euphona prime
Dual Gammacor
AkPandero

Sounds Sweet!

Edited by GOEATSOMEFUSHM8

I had this idea ever since the dual-wield mechanic was conceived, but only when it got implemented properly with the 'Beta' of it being glaive-class/throwable melee + 1h sidearm did I see this become a viable possibility.

However, there'll be a drawback. You cannot dual-wield the same sidearm under the condition of it already having an akimbo variation (Lex Prime, Lato, and Furis are all examples).

Also, something DE should consider when holding objects (power cells) or your melee or another sidearm: single-wielding dual sidearms with melee comes at the cost of having half a clip to work with, but halved reload time. This would allow for unique uses of AK-only sidearms - and throwable sidearms - with melees. (1/2 clip, 2x reload speed)

On top of this idea, both which are as serious as they are funny, how about we swap the sidearm with yet another melee?

Some weapons (heavy blades, whips, blade-whips, and numerous others) would be unable to be used due to their animations requiring 2 hands.

Some weapons can't be wielded together (2 throwables for example), but weapons like polearms, staves, scythes, plus throwable melee, would result in some unique hybrid-melee gameplay.

Both cost a weapon that may be essential to your setup.

If using two sidearms, you could carry either a melee or a primary.
If using two melees, you could carry a primary or a sidearm. Carrying a one-handed sidearm would allow you to swap between melees used with it, and melee-mode would be dual-melee mode.

5 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

So you're talking two different secondaries at the same time; I.e. Lex prime and Sicarus prime or Bronco prime.

This would basically put AK weapons out of the game (not a bad thing i guess) because then you could akimbo any weapon in the game that requires only one hand.

Dual Sonicor
AkBrakk
Dual Euphona prime
Dual Gammacor
AkPandero

Sounds Sweet!

With exception of single primaries turned into dual secondaries, like the Twin Grakata, and Dual Prime weapons, like the Akstiletto Prime

1 minute ago, Dark_Sp00n said:

With exception of single primaries turned into dual secondaries, like the Twin Grakata, and Dual Prime weapons, like the Akstiletto Prime

So existing Dual secondaries stay as is, but singles like the mentioned in my other comment would be applicable for this feature without becoming 'Dual' or 'AK' weapons?

8 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

On top of this idea, both which are as serious as they are funny, how about we swap the sidearm with yet another melee?

I actually don't see the point of their newest dual wield at all, except for fashion frame, because it actually doesn't change much from holding your pistol and using quick melee. Due to how many buttons we have, we'd have to implement another button to make use of other functionalities, like channeling while dual-wielding.

Just now, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

So existing Dual secondaries stay as is, but singles like the mentioned in my other comment would be applicable for this feature without becoming 'Dual' or 'AK' weapons?

I think that would be the shortest route for DE to implement this. The changes they'd have to do to mastery and the fact that they'd delete most of the players weapons if they deleted the dual or ak variants would mean tons of work to them.

11 minutes ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Would also be cool if we could strap a few primaries together with duct tape and switch between them on the go. 

Of course, the drawback will be sacrificing AdS for switch weapon and ammo pickups split between the two.

Triple Tigris P, yay!

Opticor with two coaxial Soma P! 

Dual primary would mean no sidearm or melee, and only a few primaries would be able to be chosen. I doubt this'll be implemented for many reasons.

13 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

11 minutes ago, Dark_Sp00n said:

I think that would be the shortest route for DE to implement this. The changes they'd have to do to mastery and the fact that they'd delete most of the players weapons if they deleted the dual or ak variants would mean tons of work to them.

That -is- the way it'll be implemented. DE doesn't create new weapons to do this, they simply mount existing weapons onto a new animation set.

That said, still waiting for the chance to slide with a Sicarus and Skana as default Excalibur (as shown below).

Spoiler

FlyingExcaliburAd-897x250_10.jpg

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

That -is- the way it'll be implemented. DE doesn't create new weapons to do this, they simply mount existing weapons onto a new animation set.

That said, still waiting for the chance to slide with a Sicarus and Skana as default Excalibur (as shown below).

There still is NO reason for them to not do that except for the work on idle animations:

Simply combine the stance of holding a pistol with the stance of holding a sword (whilst running and standing, no idle) and when you hit with the sword, just put the gun back into it's holster. I mean, this would at least work temporarily^^

On 7/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, Dark_Sp00n said:

[Quotato]

Spoiler

They can easily kitbash animations, as was shown with how you pick up objective items like Power Cells.
All they have to do is swap the arm animations, apply melee animations that don't interfere with the sidearm - or adapt them by adjusting their angle to be out to the side - over the power cell carrying animation sets (so normal melee idle will still work, but the special animation for some melees will need to be removed or replaced).

Your method is essentially the current way we use melees 'with' sidearms and primaries.

In addition they already have the general sidearm animation - throwable sidearms don't need a new one though, so all they need to do is find melee animations that can be put into an attack move - whether they be from existing, Conclave, or unreleased stances is irrelevant.

I return to another point though based on the subject of carrying power cells; akimbo sidearms with 1h melees/throwable melees.
Benefit: Ability to use melee with sidearm without waiting for it's equip and holster animations, time it takes to reload halved.
Drawback: Half clip-size. Akimbo weapons have the same damage as their singular counterparts, which is the same except for greater clip sizes.