Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

limbo can break sortie spy missions

nickna

a limbo can throw you into the void in a sortie over and over and stop you from hacking in spy missions so you have no chance of passing in a sortie. one player should not keep you from completing a mission.

Your first mistake was pubbing sortie spy. Don't pub sortie spy. Ever. Anyways, literally anybody can make a sortie spy fail by intentionally setting off the alarms in one of the vaults, so fixing this one exploit won't change anything.

Right? It's stupid. The way they designed Limbo says they don't want you being invulnerable to damage while completing mission objectives, but apparently it's acceptable design for his powers to be able to disrupt and even fail missions while they're in use.

Are you immune to Loki's switch teleport and Valkyr's ripline while hacking? 
Never played with A******s in spy missions, nor have I been one, but I'd posit that the problem may not be Limbo-exclusive. 

was he or she constantly putting you in rift while you where hacking or did they put you in rift once in awhile ? as those are 2 very different scenarios. he could have been trying to protect you / increase your energy. you can roll to get out aswell. but if he was spamming you at the console... then that person is a DB

i was invincible because i was using hysteria, rolled to get out of the rift 3 times, then left because i didnt want to wait 20 seconds to get back in. then he texted me saying "umadbr0?" then ignored me. and yes i was trying to hack.

34 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

was he or she constantly putting you in rift while you where hacking or did they put you in rift once in awhile ? as those are 2 very different scenarios. he could have been trying to protect you / increase your energy. you can roll to get out aswell. but if he was spamming you at the console... then that person is a DB

1 minute ago, nickna said:

i was invincible because i was using hysteria, rolled to get out of the rift 3 times, then left because i didnt want to wait 20 seconds to get back in. then he texted me saying "umadbr0?" then ignored me. and yes i was trying to hack.

what a f-n DB. 

Limbo after a rework is a more of cancer than he was.
Your build is focused on shooting weapons but he stops your bullets, god da** it!

He is awesome if you go solo playing Limbo, and for you while playing Limbo it's fine, but to other players he is just a cancer. Destroying your fun of playing.

hay guys do you remember that thing de added long time ago before his rework. well if not let me tell you about rolling of the rift you know its where you tap shift and roll that thing you must not know how to do and banish was not reworked the only thing it changed was you cant use it on enemy's how ever you can aways use it on team members so please do your self a big one and get good

Edited by phantomlord7

10 hours ago, nickna said:

1 hour ago, phantomlord7 said:

hay guys do you remember that thing de added long time ago before his rework. well if not let me tell you about rolling of the rift you know its where you tap shift and roll that thing you must not know how to do and banish was not reworked the only thing it changed was you cant use it on enemy's how ever you can aways use it on team members so please do your self a big one and get good

Please git gud at reading. tnx.

well limbo could break any mission when there is a lockdown and all the squad members stuck in a room with only one hacking console and banish everyone tries to hack, also mentioned that switch teleport and ripline possible can do this too, so it's a game design failure, and DE should patch this, it's not that hard is guess, make hacking players immune these abilities. And soloing isn't a solution, it's just evading the problem not solving it. 

I think it's a real problem, however I do solo or clansquad spy missions, because the noobs in random.

So thank you OP that you made this post, and ponting out this easily fixable problem! 

Any players with any frames can stop you from completing a Spy Sortie Mission.

Please stop blaming Limbo just because some players troll you with this frame.  He is a good frame bro.

And also, send ticket to the support with good evidence that proving the player is trolling you.

Try soloing spy missions, this would help.

Edited by Open698
Solo spy mission is gud

On 7/25/2017 at 1:35 PM, PsiWarp said:

Right? It's stupid. The way they designed Limbo says they don't want you being invulnerable to damage while completing mission objectives, but apparently it's acceptable design for his powers to be able to disrupt and even fail missions while they're in use.

Any frame or player can ruin spy missions.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:44 AM, nickna said:

Wow what a horrible A****** that guy is, make sure you report him!

This is the player, not the frame.  You can troll spy missions without Limbo.  Other frames can troll you: throw a Bounce under you while you are hacking, swap teleport with you while you are hacking.  You don't even need specific frames to troll you during spy missions.  For example, a player can start just hacking the panel but not do anything, or they could purposely failing the hacking in order to troll you.  Hell, it doesn't even need involve hacking to screw with you.  You can have some idiot run straight into spy til and alert the enemy's or their system thereby triggering the data destruction.

I almost always run sortie spy mission on pug and rarely have an issue, and I've never had someone purposely try to fail them.  Its sad to see that people would purposely do this, but that's why there is a report feature.  If you run into this issue again and again then just do the mission solo like many others do.

Trolls are trolls.  They will find a way to screw with others.  Years ago I was doing an alert on a corpus tileset.  We got to a long elevator shaft.  I pressed the button to bring the elevator down, go in, and waited for the guy who was also standing there to get in.  He didn't get in so I pressed the button to start moving the elevator.  I was almost at the top when the elevator reversed its direction.  It was the guy who wouldn't get in.  So once I got the bottom (where he was), I waited for him to get in... he didn't, so i left again.  He pressed the button again.  This kept going on for 4 minutes.  I eventually left and got a troll pm from him right after.  Trolls will be trolls, you can't pin their actions on the tools they use.

Edited by Insizer

Ignore - Esc - Abort mission - Queue for mission again. (Problem solved)

If angry report but carrying over anger just means the troll got me. 

The reason you cant hack consoles when in rift is cause it will make any spy mission too easy. No damage no way to stop me. Just a walk in the park with a bowl of cheese.